The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Okay, I was never at the other board but I've been at COTH for along time........and I know you all love me.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]...so Portia - am I proclaimed step worthy?

sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

An open air porch will naturally accomodate smokers downwind of the prevailing breezes (seem to dwell there generally anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]), won't it?

"Puffin' a Winston, sippin' a cider-- It's Bennett's mom, and she's right beside ya..."

Do members of the O/F Clique automatically get cushions or what?
    Tinwhistle Farm

If we sit just so, we can not only block the unworthy porchers, but maybe save the second step for our feet and cup of (hard!?!) cider.

Don't worry about the brooms, I am pretty good at either end of those. I have little brothers and they like to hit me with what ever is near by.....

Fortunately or unfortunately, as the case may be Nancey, this member of the O/F clique comes with her own, built in cushion. Gotta be careful of what that cider can do to you!
    Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past - let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
    Kennedy

I am reclaiming my originol porch kid status. Though I think it requires a friendly reminder that when the cookies came out, i got to sneak into an actual porch corner and comeone would throw me one, refering to me as rufus, or other such "codenames"

And only if theres Long island Lemonade (or iced tea? darn- I forget!!)

I hereby reclaim my seat with that big dog on the lawn (dog, or was it Kelly?? its beena while..)

Louise, you know I don't foment or ferment... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I will be more careful of how my questions are phrased from now on! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Tinwhistle Farm

Hey Guys, as JR_Greener comes up on the porch tripping over all the coloured helmets. Pass the cider, its great to talk to all of you again.

Hey Portia -- I turn 30 next month ... does that mean I graduate from the steps to a rocking chair?

BTW -- a friend of mine is naming her new horse Portia (if she vets) since (my old) her horse is Merchant of Venice!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

(JOH drops her tack trunk on the porch floor, dusts off her rocker, digs out baling twine and knitting needles, settles in...) Oh yes, the Chippendale guys...(JOH motions to incoming horse trailer) Sorry guys, didn't know you'd miss them so much - I sure enjoyed them!

Thanks for inviting me here!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Becca:
    I am reclaiming my originol porch kid status. Though I think it requires a friendly reminder that when the cookies came out, i got to sneak into an actual porch corner and comeone would throw me one, refering to me as rufus, or other such "codenames"

And only if theres Long island Lemonade (or iced tea? darn- I forget!!)

I hereby reclaim my seat with that big dog on the lawn (dog, or was it Kelly?? its beena while..)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take a step, if there's any room left. However, I must warn against the Long Island Iced Tea. In an effort to keep anyone from falling off the ol' porch let's stick to hard cider and lemonade!
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

Bad JOH! BAD! *quickly unloads the Chippies from the trailer*

Hey, everybody! It's me - Abby - aka Rosie - I was looking for you, Suz!

Wow, JOH, how on earth did you manage to wrestle those Chippies from Wendi? She took them to Barcelona with her (along with the remaining contents of the still). What? You say you wrestled Wendi for them? Hmm, what a sight that must have been!!!

Jaded, hurry and get those guys outta there before they get dirty! We'll have to hose them off if they do - oh, wait, that's the whole idea, right? Good one!

Becca, I thought you were in charge of organizing all those helmets so we don't trip over them getting to our rockers.

Regalmeans - you are welcome to the steps, but you have to help keep the ponies and sheep in line. Those lawn kids get disracted at time. You may even have to step in and round them back up when the kids let them wander.

Jaime Lynn (mandy, sabra, you're giving me almost the headache wronglead was) - I am saving the hampsters for the right moment, so watch yourself! However, glad you liked the purple pills - I'll remember that next time you get all migrainy!

Portia - thanks for whipping together this annex - all these new folks will certainly add character to the porch.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Do y'all mind if I come on up and rock a spell? I'll bring some pinot noir, if'n y'all don't mind - not particularly fond of hard cider (or should I say, it's not particularly fond of me?) I could certainly use a good rocker, since I've been the lone barn person for the last 3 days, and I have mowed (grass AND bramble, no less), drug the ring, set up combinations and jumped said combinations, until my middle aged bones feel like dreadfully old bones... and we won't even talk about my back...

Becca, I thought you were going to move those helmets?

Bring on the Chippies!

PS - the one in chaps is mine...
    Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

If you don't mind, can we share the Pinot? The cider makes me have to go out behind the shed for long periods of time, and I can't appreciate the view very much!!!LOL

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Louise and all other non-e-searchers -- The Porch, Steps, and Lawn are for Everybody! We'll put Snowbird in the rocker right next to Schoolmarm, where we can dust them both off conveniently. That is, if JOH and JB can be kept from turning Schoolie into a manure sculpture again.

As for BobO, he's been around before, but hasn't stuck his head in recently. I'll have to give him a nudge. We need our token male, don't we?
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Well, here I am gang! With the Patches man and the cute pilot in tow! glad to see much of the old gang in tact. I do finally have some pix of Patches, but have yet to figure out how to post them. Pass the cider please. It is a bit chilly up here in Canuck land today!

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Jamie Lynn, no problem on the Pinot, plenty for all...

BTW, does the porch come with a really nice heater, fireplace, or hot tub? Those of us in the south are somewhat fragile when it comes to cold... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

I was going to, but us younguns get such a kick out of watching you "chippie-obsessed' fogies trip over them, I decided to let it be for a while *G* Once you all start coordinating your shoes to the rest of your outfit, I'll reconsider...(mind you, if your wearing your approved helmet (as the USPC book says, you should at any time near horses) then you'd be fine, so whats the fuss about?)

DMK~I am sure you could find a Chipie to keep you warm. I know what you mean about us being fragilein the cold... school is cancelled if there is a small chance of snow...it never does so I go ride in what usually turns out to be 65 degree wether!

Well, I hapen to like hard cider or lemonade or anything else. Pass me some. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the little Biltmore grapes.... Kendall Jackson anyone?

[This message has been edited by Sandstone (edited 10-16-2000).]