The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

OK, with HSM, Kachoo, Jaded (TinCan), and the multi-named BossHoss (Epona, Wronglead, etc.), it's time we started building a new Porch Annex over here, not to replace the original Porch, but in addition to it. It can be The Porch South (or East, or West, or North - dang, I can't tell direction in cyberspace)

For those who don't know, The Porch is a creation of the E-search H/J board posters, created long before I started posting there. The Porch belongs to Schoolmarm, one of the original posters there. It is a very large virtual porch with lots of rocking chairs and a cider still in the back. Only the older posters (at least 30 I think, with a few exceptions) are actually allowed to sit on the porch, but there is room for all. Older teens and twenties can sit on the stairs leading to the porch, while the kids are welcome on the lawn, where they take care of the ponies and sheep that roam the property. Becca and Kellybird are two of the original lawn kids, so we allow them to sit on the stairs occasionally.

The Porch also has arts and crafts and entertainment. There is lots of baling twine knitting and manure scupting. The Chippendales dancers stop by when someone has a birthday. And the still, of course.

So what do you say, gang, do we have enough baling twine to start building another Porch over here?
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

OK, with HSM, Kachoo, Jaded (TinCan), and the multi-named BossHoss (Epona, Wronglead, etc.), it's time we started building a new Porch Annex over here, not to replace the original Porch, but in addition to it. It can be The Porch South (or East, or West, or North - dang, I can't tell direction in cyberspace)

For those who don't know, The Porch is a creation of the E-search H/J board posters, created long before I started posting there. The Porch belongs to Schoolmarm, one of the original posters there. It is a very large virtual porch with lots of rocking chairs and a cider still in the back. Only the older posters (at least 30 I think, with a few exceptions) are actually allowed to sit on the porch, but there is room for all. Older teens and twenties can sit on the stairs leading to the porch, while the kids are welcome on the lawn, where they take care of the ponies and sheep that roam the property. Becca and Kellybird are two of the original lawn kids, so we allow them to sit on the stairs occasionally.

The Porch also has arts and crafts and entertainment. There is lots of baling twine knitting and manure scupting. The Chippendales dancers stop by when someone has a birthday. And the still, of course.

So what do you say, gang, do we have enough baling twine to start building another Porch over here?
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I was a lawn-sitter on E-search, as hunteruler. I'll be the first to say that I want us to keep the porch running at least until I'm admitted to the stairs!

Great idea!!!! I'll bring the duct tape and round up the dancers... here Chippendales, Chippendales, Chippendales! Darn the ponies got into the cider again, start up a new batch... oh and I call first dibs on the top stair! STAY OFF MY TOP STAIR!!!

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 10-15-2000).]

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Oh my goodness, you're right - how could I forget about the duct tape.

Just a warning to the uninitiated, if we start talking about "the pink pills" it doesn't mean anything!

Portia NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How could you forget about the duct tape....I'm oh so worried about you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Take another pink pill LMAO

***SUZ pulls up her chair, plunks down and props her muck covered Ariats up on the porch rail*** I'm here, guys, pass the cider! Just one teenie question, how much for a virtual lap dance from one of the Chippies??? I need a thrill! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] SUZ

[This message has been edited by HuntJumpSC (edited 10-15-2000).]
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

For you SUZ? It's on the house, as soon as we can find them....here chippie!, chippie!, chippie! O.k who unlocked their cage...oh, I mean luxory room, we don't keep our chippies in cages..no, we like to let them roam free, you know free range chipps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry Suz, but did you forget? The chippies haven't been seen nor heard from since we had that big party on the porch for JOH's birthday. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif Hmmmm....maybe we need to ask HER where they went...oh JOH!?!

Awesome idea, Portia - a porch annex(although I'm not sure how I feel about being referred to as one of the "older" posters [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). I just hope that all the other COTH residents feel free to come on up 'n set a spell too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So thats where they went!!! I wondered where they were for my birthday, I bet JOH took off with them on the pink ponies....

I call the second step! I will sit on same side as Jaded! Yeah! I wil bring my climing goat and lab puppy for the little kids to play with in the yard. lol

Well, I for one would welcome the chance to set a spell, even if I never got a chance to do so on equisearch. May I join you? And, I'm old, so I was wondering if there was a rocker left for me?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Well count me in, out of the rain and snow, I'll be the first to admit anything can be built and roofed with a bit of ducttape and manure patching, but someone musta taken too many pink pills when they did that repair, cos I think the annex is cozier, dryer, and has a better view to the lawn, not to mention closer to the bathtub still, and a railing (best to knock them lawnkids off the annex rail with a broom, easier than sweeping em off the porch once in a while).

This would be umm, let's see--Mandy/Sabra/now Jaime Lynn. Where's BobO? Thought he said he might be over here--has he been changing identities as well, or just lurking? JB found some new purple pills that I like better than the pink especially for the migranes es has been giving me. Hey, I was told that here, I could bring in some KJ Chard, or is that only allowed out behind the shed??? JB better not bring those nasty hamsters over here, or everyone had better get updated on their rabies shots! Hope the Annex is a success!!! I'm terrible with a hammer, but can I make some cookies? Or Zucchini bread even!!!LOLOL ROTFL

I'm old...would like the rocker over there by the cider keg if it's not taken.

purple pills??? Pass them over, quit hogging!

Sandstone> I personally invite you to share my top stair with me, hey if we sprawl out enough we'll block the Porchers from getting onto the porch then maybe the 20 year olds can sneak into a rocking chair [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Good plan as long as BossHoss doesn't chase us off with the broom, and believe me a broom is a weapon in her hands!!! lol

Since I'm the oldest by far I get the center rocking chair!

I like it much better here already--much quieter-no kids getting in your face. Brought my pillow-Tin get outta my way, I need a rest. Please pass the cider.

Although I barely squeak in with enough birthdays to get onto the porch, I can rock with the best of you. Just make sure I have a rocker with expandable sides, since I've given up on my youthful svelte figure. Anyone ever taste homemade scrumpy? It's related to cider, only more vile and intoxicating.

I call a step . . I am against the torturous pressing of apples to make cider however . . .

JUST KIDDING!!! or am I??

But I will bring the apple butter . . .hmmm

sorry all I have been at a horse show since 5 am !! YIPEEE (translates to me being very loopy)
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love