The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

oh no! i just bought a black one and i would've saved like 70 bucks! D:

Final on Russian Politics in three hours that's worth half my grade?

Totally not studying. You're a terrible person OP!

Only $7 to ship from Germany? Sold.
    Click here before you buy.

I believe I bought from this company years ago on ebay.... no good. The pad arrived quickly, but it wasn't sheepskin, it was a wool fleece material. Definitely not what I thought I was buying. They ignored multiple emails, so I finally appealed to ebay and got a refund.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Sometimes, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Maybe the OP should order first, and if she has a satisfactory experience with this company everyone else can order from them with confidence.

I love my Mattes but I paid full price from Malvern Saddlery.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Sometimes, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Maybe the OP should order first, and if she has a satisfactory experience with this company everyone else can order from them with confidence.

I love my Mattes but I paid full price from Malvern Saddlery.
    I'm on a college budget at the moment, so it will be a few weeks before I can order, unfortunately. Board member "Stacie" posted on Off Course just a few weeks ago that she had ordered from this company; I sent her a PM a few days ago to see how her transaction has been going.

Regardless of whether you choose to order from this specific company or not, the colors are available through ANY merchant that does the custom Mattes pads (Smartpak, my personal fav VTO, etc). I haven't seen an app like this linked through any of those stores, and I've found it remarkably helpful in choosing my colors.

Oh goodness, well there goes the hours I planned on devoting to studying for my english and art history finals!

No, but really, this would be a great time for the internet to suddenly stop working...
    come what may

Rest in peace great mare, 1987-2013

The site is not working for me. The boxes are blank and I cannot input my information.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    I found the perfect distance but they put the jump in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    The site is not working for me. The boxes are blank and I cannot input my information.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Nope, just checked and it's working fine for me. Perhaps try a different browser?

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    I believe I bought from this company years ago on ebay.... no good. The pad arrived quickly, but it wasn't sheepskin, it was a wool fleece material. Definitely not what I thought I was buying. They ignored multiple emails, so I finally appealed to ebay and got a refund.
    Yes, mine too. I think to get the nice sheepskin you have to get the "platinum" or whatever the more expensive upgrade is, and if I remember, that didn't come in all the colors. ??? It seems to work okay, just tends to smash down faster than the sheepskin.

Quote Originally Posted by baxtersmom View Post
    I purchased Mattes pads from this company and did not have good luck with them. I ordered three pads (one for someone else) and only two arrived. They would not return my (multiple) inquiries about the missing pad until I finally had to take it up with Visa to get my refund. Then the contact person had the nerve to send me a snotty email about it. Nope.

But are they at least the real thing??

http://www.MyVirtualEventingCoach.com
    Facebook page

I've been wanting a champagne Mattes pad... Thanks! (Just ordered the square pad as I already have a couple half-pads). $40 less than anywhere else !

let us know how that works out!!

Quote Originally Posted by emirae1091 View Post
    oh no! i just bought a black one and i would've saved like 70 bucks! D:
    This...I just bought the quilted correction pad without sheepskin (too hot!) from SmartPak for ~$150. This site has it for $119.

I get mine from VTO during the sale. http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2...Category_Code=

I think I used the big discount on one item to get mine last winter. I did dressage in it all winter and love it!
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleteafilly View Post
    This...I just bought the quilted correction pad without sheepskin (too hot!) from SmartPak for ~$150. This site has it for $119.
    Sheepskin is actually cooler than many other saddle pad materials, it wicks away heat and dampness from the body allowing it to cool, unlike many quilted pads, which frequently have a thin layer of foam in the middle, which holds the heat and wetness on their backs. I always use sheepskin or coolmax lined pads in the summer heat.

I agree.

Sheepskin against the horses' coat is what I use exclusevely and it has FANTASTIC sweat-wicking and cooling, air/circulation qualities. As well as being super comfortable for the horse.

The pads I use are Numnahs it's like the sheepskin halfpad with a simple shaped quited part just under the saddle flap. I also get mine with a "spine free/vented" design for even more heat dispurssion.

Love them!

Sheepskin is actually cooler than many other saddle pad materials, it wicks away heat and dampness from the body allowing it to cool, unlike many quilted pads, which frequently have a thin layer of foam in the middle, which holds the heat and wetness on their backs. I always use sheepskin or coolmax lined pads in the summer heat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

I got a call from my credit card company today alerting me to an overseas charge on my card--it was the pads.

I ordered a plain quilted correction pad, even though I hate them, because I am trying to figure out which of my saddles fit which of my horses at the moment. When that is all sorted out it will go on a shelf. I also got a shaped dressage pad with the sheepskin front and back--SO tired of square pads!
    Click here before you buy.

That's true if the pad is directly against the horse's skin. My correction pad goes between my saddle and a regular saddle pad so it would just insulate instead of wick.

Bumping this thread back up. PLEASE, can anyone give any FEEDBACK on ordering your pad from this German/Overseas company that has it so much cheaper????

I've only seen the BAD feedback from Baxters Mom and the person that bought from them on ebay with another bad experience.

PLEASE - I really want to order a custom Euro Fit XC pad from these guys but I'm afraid to, based on those two reviews.

DID ANYONE HAVE A NORMAL TRANSACTION? It sounded like a few of you ordered? How did that go?

Thanks!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**