The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I got mine!!! Ordered I think on Jan. 21 and got it on Feb. 5 and I love love love it!!!!

This was only $204......my custom XC colors and the sheepskin is beautiful. It is slightly thinner than other Mattes pads, but it's not "thin or cheap" - it's perfect. Also the quilt on the underside, the part of the quilt that touches the horse is sooooo soft. It's like a velvety, suede/micro-suede, super soft material.

LOVE MY PAD!!! I might get a second one. The transaction was perfectly fine/normal/no issues.

Here's my pad. Grey quilt, dove grey sheepskin, navy binding, burgundy piping.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps9cec194f.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...psdc5276fa.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...psea08c7c1.jpg
    Last edited by Fancy That; Feb. 23, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

What would these pads be like without the sheepskin? My pony goes in a thinline pad and all I'm really after is that eurofit cut and custom colors.

Mine just has the rims of sheepskin for looks. Doesn't change the function, nor the fact that they're substantially less expensive than retail.
    Click here before you buy.

Like I said, the underside where it's quilt-only is exquisite material. I've never felt/seen anything like it. Even without sheepskin, if you don't like that, the quilt-only would be fabulous if you want the Euro Fit Cut, and Custom XC colors

DW- cool that yours has the sheep "trim only". I like using the sheepskin on the horse, directly, for lots of reasons. But cool you can get the "look" without using the sheep on the horse.

Here's the underside of mine:
    http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...psba24bc65.jpg

And one more view:
    http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps7ad5b91d.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

I'm slowly converting all of my pads over to mattes because the quality is so exquisite. Also, dirt doesn't stick to them!
    The euro without any piping is like $47 a pad
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

WOW! Just WOW! Thanks so much for the heads up on this site. I could never justify paying so much for what tack shops usually want for a Mattes, but this site is incredible.
    "But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost

Eventing at Midnight Blog
    http://eventingmidnight.blogspot.com/

Ya'll are so, so welcome.
    Well isn't this dandy?

1 members found this post helpful.

Hey Peeps!

I've created my pad a bazilliion times and I think I'm finally going to order it. Do i NEEEEEEEEED it? No. Do I WAAAAAAAANT it? Yes.

My concern is about sizing. I just measured my square pad...OK, wait. I just TRIED to measure my square pad and I realize I have no idea how to do it.

I refuse to believe that I would need an XL in the Mattes Pad on the site, but when I measured the pad I typically use for XC (picture here) I came up with 24 inches...which would mean I need an XL. I find this hard to believe. And not JUST because my little horse is only 15.3 and not a GIANT 15.3 at that. It's more likely that I can't measure a saddle pad.

End Babbling, Begin Question:

So, those of you that ordered. What size did you get and how did it fit with your saddle? Will sold me his Stackhouse O'Connor, so it MAY be an 18, but I can't imagine it's much bigger than that or I'd be swimming in it, ya know?
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Annnd, CRAP! Is it me or did they up their prices? I think they did.
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie8 View Post
    Hey Peeps!

I've created my pad a bazilliion times and I think I'm finally going to order it. Do i NEEEEEEEEED it? No. Do I WAAAAAAAANT it? Yes.

My concern is about sizing. I just measured my square pad...OK, wait. I just TRIED to measure my square pad and I realize I have no idea how to do it.

I refuse to believe that I would need an XL in the Mattes Pad on the site, but when I measured the pad I typically use for XC (picture here) I came up with 24 inches...which would mean I need an XL. I find this hard to believe. And not JUST because my little horse is only 15.3 and not a GIANT 15.3 at that. It's more likely that I can't measure a saddle pad.

End Babbling, Begin Question:

So, those of you that ordered. What size did you get and how did it fit with your saddle? Will sold me his Stackhouse O'Connor, so it MAY be an 18, but I can't imagine it's much bigger than that or I'd be swimming in it, ya know?
    Mine is not custom, I ordered navy quilting with natural sheepskin with matching baby pad from Malvern Saddlery and needed a Large half pad for my 17.5 CWD. At the time, Malvern had a size chart on their website, so it was easy to pick the pad size according to your saddle size. Mine fit perfectly!

The prices seem to keep going up, I had so many people want to buy mine at a recent swap sale, but were unwilling to pay my price (which was less than half the cost of a new one), people are so cheap, I don't think anyone believed me when I told them the new price would be well over $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie8 View Post
    Annnd, CRAP! Is it me or did they up their prices? I think they did.
    $30 higher than 3 weeks ago :-/
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

the 20% sale price is substracted after order is received through: fashion.equestrian-products.com (US Site)

For Canada please order here: ca.equestrian-products.com

If you wish to order girths or other products please visit www.equestrian-products.com or www.epshop.us
    You can use the following coupon code for 20%: 69520. The code is valid till 5.th April 2013.

If you wish to order more products we'll send everything in one parcel and bill only 1 x for shipping.

If you wish to have a logo on the pad, please contact me.

For any further questions, please do contact me, I'm here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    the 20% sale price is substracted after order is received through: fashion.equestrian-products.com (US Site)

For Canada please order here: ca.equestrian-products.com

If you wish to order girths or other products please visit www.equestrian-products.com or www.epshop.us
    You can use the following coupon code for 20%: 69520. The code is valid till 5.th April 2013.

If you wish to order more products we'll send everything in one parcel and bill only 1 x for shipping.

If you wish to have a logo on the pad, please contact me.

For any further questions, please do contact me, I'm here :-)
    Just bumping this here - I know there are new threads about the sale on the H/J and Dressage boards. I created a custom half pad on the generator yesterday - 4 pocket correction w/ sheepskin under and a roll on the front - and it only cost me $153 with the 20% off (it is cheaper with the sale to create your own custom half pad than order one of the regular ones on the main site btw). That is also cheaper than used (good condition) Mattes correction half pads in basic white or black on eBay. Trust me, I've been stalking quite a few on there for the past few weeks.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

After seeing the pictures of the pads others have ordered, I went ahead and "designed" my own dressage correction (4 pockets) half pad with front, rear, and underside sheepskin. It's boring.. all black.. BUT it cost almost half of what I would have paid to order almost anywhere else ($163). I plan on posting pictures when it arrives. Now I really want a eurofit pad, they are LOVELY!

Also, I e-mailed CS to ask a question and received an answer in less than an hour.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

I just ordered a Euro Fit jumping pad, front back fleece trim, fleece under saddle area, no shim pockets, black quilt, black fleece, red binding, white piping, blue piping. We will see how it goes. I'll report back. $111 US including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
    I just ordered a Euro Fit jumping pad, front back fleece trim, fleece under saddle area, no shim pockets, black quilt, black fleece, red binding, white piping, blue piping. We will see how it goes. I'll report back. $111 US including shipping.
    Um, where did you order it from? When I input a Eurofit jumping pad, it starts at $79. When I add JUST the front/back sheep, nothing under the saddle, no colored binding or piping, it goes up to $124.90. If I have just the quilt, 2 pipings, and the binding, it's $104.90 w/o shipping. I think you forgot the sheepskin.

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post
    Um, where did you order it from? When I input a Eurofit jumping pad, it starts at $79. When I add JUST the front/back sheep, nothing under the saddle, no colored binding or piping, it goes up to $124.90. If I have just the quilt, 2 pipings, and the binding, it's $104.90 w/o shipping. I think you forgot the sheepskin.
    Equestrian-products.com but I am totally confused. My total was $110.40 for the above pad but I went back to their site to re-enter what I did and it came to $234.90. My confirmation letter with all the colors.....wait a minute! I ordered front and rear fleece and saddle area fleece and it isn't on the bill! There's the problem! I will send an e-mail canceling this order. What was everyone else paying? Numnah.com is $231 for what I want. So is Equestrian-Products. Is that about what everyone else is paying?

I ordered and paid for one over 2 months ago.No pad and no response to my emails.would i order one again?not a chance.
    mm

I used to love this company, I have ordered 3 pads through them The first 2 transaction were perfect.

But my third pad is the wrong size and they will not answer my repeated efforts to contact them. I ordered a large (same as my first 2 orders, and for the same horse, so I know a large fits him perfectly) and they sent a medium

It is a beautiful dressage pad; sheepskin front and back with green trim (very subtle, but you can easily tell which pad is your good show pad). It was used once, but the saddle sits on the sheepskin in back and made my horse hollow his back because of the lump right under the rider's butt.

Willing to sell it at a discount because it has been used a total of 45 minutes.

AND you will receive it right away!

I also have a Euro style jumping pad (see the site for the shape) with sheepskin front and back. This one has blue, gray and maroon piping and is the bees knees.

I will also sell it since my horse is no longer eventing. He has become a straight dressage horse, hence my order for the dressage pad.

I will not be ordering any more Mattes pads because of the problem with contacting them. Anyone can make a mistake with an order, but I will not buy from a company which is not willing to stand behind its products.
    Don't Worry About Hurting My Feelings Because I Guarantee You, Not One Bit Of My Self Esteem Is Tied Up In Your Acceptance.

Lord Help Us, I am interested in your eventing pad!

Has anyone used Numnah.com? Any better luck?