The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Stick it in there and no worries for 5 years!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Run fast, Jump high. What else is there?~
    ~Run and Jump!~

Doesn't it hurt?
    \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"

See now it was because of a number of Norplant complications that my friend went to the patch and even my Dr's office has said they don't do Norplant very often anymore because of some serious problems and illnesses!!!

It was convienient but not a very good thing if you're made sick.

~Em

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

No they numb it up to insert it. Didn't hurt a bit but bruised pretty good!!

Em-No problems here! no sickness or complications at all.

~Run fast, Jump high. What else is there?~
    ~Run and Jump!~

I should invest in Depo Provera stock... cuz that stuff is my DREAM medicine!

I'm off it now, but I was on it for over 6 years with no bad side effects and no problems. It's wonderful stuff.

~Veronica

"The Son Dee Times"
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I third the depo - its the best thing since sliced cheese. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Love it!!

Does insurance pay for Depo? I'm 19 and on the pill.. in steady relationship and DONT EVER WANT KIDS. While I hardly expect to stay with this particular boy (we can call him Mr. Ponygrl#1) I have incredible anxiety attacks when my monthly "friend" is 6 hours late. (yes, I'm THAT regular.)

And to make this totally not PG -- I've heard mixed answers on this, the week that you take the sugar pills so you can visit your "friend".. must you break out the latex that week? My friend flies in on Thursdays so thats 5 days of normal action......

ok back to the PG aspect of the board. I think I'll go ride my GELDING this afternoon.

Laura
    Laura

Currently I am on birth control pills for a something that has nothing to do with fertility or lack thereof. And then Mr. Merry was gelded... I mean, had the ol' "V" ... right after we were married. So I guess it's like wearing a belt AND suspenders? I mean, God forbid I should ever reproduce! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TB Mom:
    Elizabeth...
    I thought Catholic girls who were unmarried, uncommited, etc... weren't supposed to be doing the "deed" anyway. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear God, my MOTHER has found this thread and is posting under the name of "TB Mom."

I was speaking HYPOTHETICALLY about what SOME girls who are not nice Catholic girls like me are doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ponygrl:

And to make this totally not PG -- I've heard mixed answers on this, the week that you take the sugar pills so you can visit your "friend".. must you break out the latex that week? My friend flies in on Thursdays so thats 5 days of normal action......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

Pill. And I don't understand why people have such a hard time remembering to take it...I think I've missed three in 12 years.

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Hey Heineken..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Pocket full of horses...trojans all unused. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..a pocket full of horses, trojans and some of them used....

Princess of 80's music!

~~~~Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check?~~~~
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

But knowing that Merry's husband has had the snippage is just too much for me!

LOL! Girlfriend, I can't stop laughing!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Instead of getting your tubes tied you can get a new surgery that won't hurt you or put you in a hormone rage.

They insert two springs (one in each tube) and scar tissue forms to block the tubes. No babies!!! Thinking of getting it done, don't want kids (My horse is my child and a husband can sure act like one!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Oh, BTW...I'm a pill girly....don't want to be irresponsible.

http://www.dmtc.com/dmtc98/Pedigree/
    Look up your TB's bloodlines
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

this thread reminds me of hobson's "numping" typo..... hehe.

Laura
    Laura

A-hem... someone needs to make this VERY horse-related, VERY fast! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(So did anyone see the study that came out a few weeks ago that said if you stay on the pill for more than x number of years (5, maybe?), you have a higher risk of cancer? Great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

the pill lessens cramping therefore I can ride when my "friend" is visiting rather than laying on the couch like a pathetic lump.

so there!
    -wait, I thought the pill was supposed to decrease your chances of cervical and ovarian cancer?

but you know what, we're all gonna die anyway and everything causes cancer...

Laura
    Laura

If I get cancer I'll have to find someone to take care of my horse. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

There could be little kids on this board!!

So anyway I only get my icky shuffle on because I've been with the young man for quite some time. Sorry, sorry I know I'm young. But I payed attention in fifth grade health, and I am on the pill.

-Kate

P.S. to make it horse-related...since I am on the pill, I have a REALLY regular period, and I don't have to worry as much about when it's going to come and if I am going to have to buy new britches.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sawbuckaussies
    some pics up, but under construction!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    A-hem... someone needs to make this VERY horse-related, VERY fast! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUDE - If you are pregnant, you can't ride as much. DUH!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]