The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tackpud:
    Artienallie - we must be related. I left my shoulder out of the proper place for a month before I found out. Do you really have to go through all that just to not have kids in VA? Whatever happened to a woman's choice?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding is that somewhere along the line, some woman, somewhere, changed her mind after having the procedure, and sued doctor, hospital, etc.

They won't prevent you from having your tubes tied, but you've got to sign a slew of papers so the doctors are protected from that nonsense. And, they will do their best to make sure you're SURE you want to go through with it, as it's tough to reverse.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I wish permanent birth control were easier. I've been campaigning for a total hysterectomy for years (since I was 11, I think -- once the novelty wore off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). I haven't ever wanted children, still don't, don't even like most of them. (Yes, there are exceptions: SFVA's kid is pretty cute and smart.)

Try getting an ob/gyn to agree to giving a total hyst to a 36-yr-old single woman with no children! Sheesh! How many times do I hear the "you might change your mind" speech?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lorree

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

I vote for another option: vasectomy.

Oops, one more option: IUD.

It took 8 years of ACTIVE campaigning to finally convince my doctor for a tubal. She wouldn't go for the total removal angle I was going for. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Just had it done...In fact, my new ob/gyn suggested it once he heard the answer screamed "NO" when he asked if I wanted kids (41)!
    no little ankle-biting-whining-snot-nosed-kids for me!
    (Good thing, huh?)

My horse bucked off your honor student!

Founder: LOFL (lawn ornaments for life) clique

but got no questions asked when I went for my tubal. I was older (relatively speaking, almost 40 at the time) so maybe that was it. But have never had children, thought for sure they would argue that I might still.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

speaking of vasectomies...

Why don't more men get them? Think of the consequences of a tubal vs. a vasectomy. Isn't it cheaper for men to get "fixed" than a woman? Besides, you get to keep your cajones, they still work like they should...only the slugs never leave the barrel!

~Look back at our struggle for freedom,
    Trace our present day's strength to its source;
    You'll find man's pathway to freedom
    Is strewn with the bones of a horse.~
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

you are gonna groan

FORSURE, FORSURE

men pass on the big V because their second wife may want children.
    more hay, less grain

Depoprovara.

One shot every 12 weeks, no muss, no fuss, no pills (not that remembering to take a pill was an issue for me, but I digress..), no, um, worry about wearing white breeches...

armandh: LOL! Second wife!
    Then, once they are done with her, her alimony and child support, he'll wish he HAD had the big V!

cinnabar: no worries? no period? edumacate me!

It's putting up with them for 18 years and beyond.

No, really I do love my little yard apes but 3 is Enough!!! I'm pushing for the "snip".
    \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"

and all our children [2] are over 21
    more hay, less grain

I like babies. I will have several of my own, but while i make up my mind regarding the potential father, reversible BC method is called for. Pill works the best for me.

I tried the Depo Shot and I was one of the people who had breakthrough bleeding......FOR 6 MONTHS STRAIGHT. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Nuva Ring is the way to go. You switch it out every 28 days and if you don't want a period, you just skip the seven day break. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

They have a patch you can wear anywhere anytime (like the nicotine patch). I saw a commercial for it a few times.

synrgystk: Just wait, once you hit the big 4-0 they will be begging you NOT to get p.g.! "Oh, at your age so many things could go wrong"!
    Finally, no more questions of "so when are you gonna have kids"....NEW ANSWER: NEVER - got fixed! Now everything in my household is fixed: dog, cats, horse...but not the beta fish...but he doesn't get around much anyway!

&lt;&lt;elizabeth looks around, and then, sure nobody is looking, offers the following. . . .&gt;&gt;

This is what really STINKS about being not-married (or committed, whatever). From a practical, life-preserving, disease-preventing standpoint, condoms are pretty much MANDATORY for uncommitted, unmarried people like me.

&lt;&lt;elizabeth-the-Catholic turns bright red and slinks away.&gt;&gt;

Elizabeth...

I went to Catholic school for 12 years and I thought Catholic girls who were unmarried, uncommited, etc... weren't supposed to be doing the "deed" anyway. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goobs:
    They have a patch you can wear anywhere anytime (like the nicotine patch). I saw a commercial for it a few times.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my best friends is the production line manager for this product. Being the manufacturing nerd I am (I manage a product line for a major semiconductor manufacturer), I have been to their manufacturing site several times and seen the machines that process the patches. I also pick his brain in regards to all sorts of nerdy capacity/mfg issues, just like I used to in college. In fact, I know more details about this product than I ever wanted to. All in all, it seems to be fantastic for people who are forgetful or don't want the responsibility of carrying pills around.

That said, it drives my friend crazy that I refuse to use the patch and, in my need for personal accountability, stick with tri-phasil pills.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goobs:
    They have a patch you can wear anywhere anytime (like the nicotine patch). I saw a commercial for it a few times.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BEST BC EVER!!! Been on the pill since '90 and now I have the patch. It's great. Does the same job and I fiddle with it only 3 times a month. Instead of popping pills every day!!!

It stays on in the shower, its easy to use I don't worry about it ever and I can relax and go play with the guys...if there were any around here to play with.

I HIGHLY reccomend it. And since another BB'er put me onto it and is a rider we can say that the two of us adore it!!

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries