The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Ring around the Rohan
    A pocket full of Trojans.
    Sponges, Diaphragms,
    They all fall down!

1. Totally convenient!!
    2. Can't afford another pony!
    3. Way easier than gagging on pill after drinking the nite before!! (Not that I would..... haha)
    Seriously, have been loving it!! Plus, I read that it is ok to only do the "week off" 4 times a year - that makes it less likely to ruin breeches too! My OB said it was ok, too. Hmmmm.... Whether it is patch or pill.

So Intent Guest

Am on the TOC pill... after reading this thread, I'm wondering if I shouldn't be. I've gained wieght and been extrememly easy with the tears ever since I got on it (didn't make the connection until now, though).

But, it made my cramps better. I'm one of those people whose cramps are killer. Before the pill, once a month I was throwing up and plain sick. I actually blacked out a few times too. Scared to death that'll happen when I'm driving. Anyway, any recomendations on pills that are good on making cramps bearable?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Backstage Pass:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Xctrygirl:

I have to be on the patch/pill etc for irregular periods and a family history of endometriosis.

~Emily

Do you mind me asking what effect it has on endometriosis?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply put, the way my mother's case of it worked, it went away nearly entirely if she stayed consistently on a 28 day cycle. IF her body was left to its own devices it would jump all over and cause the lining to build up too much and thus spuron the endometriosis formations on the other side of the uterus.

Sooooo with it coming from my mom I have been on birth control since age 17 (way before I was "deflowered" ) as a precaution that might body might do the same. But if kept on the 28 day cycle I would likely avoid it.

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

ronranger Guest

lol i miss you never got your e mail wish you werte here. ronrangerhorse with love!

[This message was edited by Erin on Jan. 06, 2003 at 10:46 PM.]

huh?

yeah you guys shoulda seen the hissy fit I threw at the pharmacy yesterday, I called in 5 days before and they only had my happy pills (antidepessants) and not the IMPORTANT pills. Man I can be an *itch sometimes.

Laura
    Laura

Patch-

Doesn't peel off when you're trying to shove those oh-so-tight britches off.

I HATE that lint ring-around-the-patch though! Anyone else have that problem?
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/