The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Renewing Memberships

Hey all, so this is sad that I have to do this but I need help lol. When I was showng heavily I was with a trainer that did all the work for us and then my mom wrote out the bills. I'm now on my own check book and starting to show again with a new trainer. I could ask her but figured it would be good for me to know.

I need to know what I need to renew or sign up for as a junior rider showing the A shows in MA. Just me as a rider, I'm leasing.

Thank you

www.usef.org

You need to register as a junior member with the USEF and USHJA to avoid paying non-member fees at shows. I believe it costs about $115, I can't remember! The membership pays for itself if you do 2 rated shows during the year. You can renew your membership online. Your number will be the same even if it's been a while since you were an active member.

Also your horse needs to have at minimum an ID number; it costs more for him to accrue points in children's hunter or junior hunter. If you want to do that he will need an annual recording membership or lifetime membership. His owner must also be a member or you will still be subject to non-member fees even if you are registered.