The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

People may not get their purchases until after Christmas,given the postal situation around that time.

Maybe we should run for 10 days instead of 15.

That way they have more chance of getting their stuff for christmas.

Just a thought.

fernie fox
    "I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound".
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

I have updated the letter for soliciting donations to include the new auction forum web address.

Erin or xctrygirl: maybe it would be a good idea to update the title of this thread to let people know the auction forum is up and running?

How did this get on the second page? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

Some cool stuff is beginning to appear on the auction forum! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bringing back to page one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh boy, this is going to be fun! :

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I just posted mine! This is so cool!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
    Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

PLease Everyone who has their own donations, ie not solicited by a phone call from me or anyone else, POST THEM NOW!!!!!

Bidding is going to start Decmber 1st and will end December 15th.

If your item has a picture please post it.

IF you'd like us to post the description email me and I will gladly do it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Everything is going well but please if you have anything to donate post it, email it or tell us somehow. We nee to raise a lot of money and you all are the keys to the success of this auction!!!

Thanks again and keep it coming!!

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Bumping again! I was offline while moving over the weekend and was very pleased to see stuff has started to appear!

(And I see by the number of views that people are browsing already as well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Regarding Fernie's question about the closing date... I need to check with Emily about the status of some of the items she was after. Possibly we could shorten the timeframe. I just realized that the hand-made items wouldn't possibly be done in time for X-mas...

But for now, keeping posting your items. Once I find the box I packed my stirrup leathers in, I'll get those listed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

First off this is to bump this off of page 3.

Second, its time to start listing your items on the auction forum.

Third: Anyone fans of the "Outlander" series from Diana Gabaldon? If so you're in luck. Diana has graciously donated an autographed copy.

This is a big thing as she is a very busy author who has a lot on her plate. The least of which is writing the next book in the series!!!

Anyway thats the new updates.

Email me with any questions

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

You go girl!

And bumping up again!

I just posted mine.

I was just looking over my listed items.....Sheeesh, these breeches are so nice I might have to buy 'em myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

but I don't want to read the whole thread!

When is the cut off date for listing things on the auction? I just sent out a few emails for donations.

Thanks!

Cutoff date for listing items as of now is Dec. 15th (unless Erin or Emily decide to change that as has been discussed).

Wow - Emily has posted a LOT of items! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Check them out!!!

The next time some publication writes an article about selfish, rich horsepeople, I'm going to send them this thread and the list of donations.

What an awesome group of people. Totally awesome.

My checkbook is at the ready!

Actually, I think we're planning to END the merchandise auction on Dec. 15. Emily and I had talked about starting it Dec. 1... but now I'm thinking maybe it would be better to go ahead and start taking bids on the stuff that's already listed.

Each item owner could decide when to end their auction... just pick a time (and post it on the thread for that item, obviously), and then lock the thread at that time.

Or maybe we'll pick staggered ending dates... Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15, and the moderators will close the thread, to keep things impartial.

At any rate, Nikita, I would say the latest an item could be put in the auction would be Dec. 8. That would give people a week to bid.