The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Heads up, free Kindle horse book!!

I almost bought this 2 days ago, now I am so glad that I waited!!! Bev Patterson's book Thoroghbreds and Trailer Trash is free today! Not sure how long it will stay free but usually it is for at least a couple days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1286228011

Another one of her books Jockey's and Jewelsis only 99 cents and is also a very good read.

BTW, for those that have smartphones, I stumbled on a great App that helps you find free books on Kindle. It is called Free Kindle Books and Tips. Thoroghbreds and Trailer Trash was one of the books listed today so worth downloading and checking out!
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Thanks for finding this, already downloaded. Since I dumped my Smartphone I get email notifications for free books from Amazon. I can't remember how I went about it but you can sign up for them to hit your inbox daily.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Thanks!
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Thanks, LoriO! I'm loving all the free horsey books lately-- now I just need to find time to read all the freebies I have on my Kindle!

Thanks - I just finished Scorpio Races (from suggestion here), so I was looking for my next book. Great to score a free one!

Wonder if we could get a Sticky post for free/good kindle horsey books?
    Last edited by RomeosGirl; Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add more
    Life is hard. Buy a freaking helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Whatever, go gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Thanks for finding this, already downloaded. Since I dumped my Smartphone I get email notifications for free books from Amazon. I can't remember how I went about it but you can sign up for them to hit your inbox daily.
    Do you have ANY even vague ballpark idea how you did this? Because I just spent about 30 minutes going 12 rounds with Amazon & still can't find any way for them to send me a daily e-mail re: their free Kindle books.

Will keep trying, & have a message into their customer service, but any info you might be able to recall would be helpful. Thanks!

Thank you for the message. This book showed up on neither of the free kindle book blogs that I monitor. I use "Books on the Knob" blog the most.

While this may not be as much fun to read as the above, Bauche's "New Method of Horsemanship" is also free:
    http://www.amazon.com/Horsemanship-I...5467467&sr=1-5

I found that putting "free kindle horse book" in the search box brings up quite a bunch of books, including some classics.
    Last edited by Pat9; Apr. 26, 2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: more info
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

Default Pixel of Ink

I get an email from Pixel of Ink daily with numerous free & discounted books. They are also on Facebook.

Thanks LoriO, I just downloaded it too! And thanks to all of you who listed blogs/websites for free books.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should try getting my book (Blaze of Glory) listed for free? I suppose it's a good promotional tool. But I'm not sure the publisher would go for it If anyone has any info on how that works I'd appreciate it.
    Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace, and power in it. – Goethe
    www.mgarzon.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Do you have ANY even vague ballpark idea how you did this? Because I just spent about 30 minutes going 12 rounds with Amazon & still can't find any way for them to send me a daily e-mail re: their free Kindle books.

Will keep trying, & have a message into their customer service, but any info you might be able to recall would be helpful. Thanks!
    I just deleted the daily notification from my email a few minutes ago. But I'll get one tomorrow. I'll keep your screen name and when it shows back up, I'll look it over for a link or something that hopefully you can use. I'll also keep thinking about how in h*ll I did it!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgarzon View Post
    Thanks LoriO, I just downloaded it too! And thanks to all of you who listed blogs/websites for free books.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should try getting my book (Blaze of Glory) listed for free? I suppose it's a good promotional tool. But I'm not sure the publisher would go for it If anyone has any info on how that works I'd appreciate it.
    Yes, you can. You set the price, not the publisher. I have some books in the works too. You go for free for a few days to get attention and hopefully interest in your writings. (I put the wrong address in, have to find it and redo it) Go to "Community" and you can ask all sorts of questions. I've found them to be very nice and helpful. Only one crabby guy so far, the rest have been very friendly. Anyway, this way you can read up on everything and if it's not addressed, ask the board members.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: .

Bacardi, try this. I 'think' this is the one I signed up for my email.

http://ereadernewstoday.com/free-kin...23-12/6712957/

It looks different in my email than from the website. A drop down tag shows up and you sign up your email.

Thank you SO much!!!