The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainers In Western Washington

I had made arrangements with a talented young trainer to come to my farm to ride/train two of my youngsters. This required building an arena and, thanks to the wonderful weather we have been having, that project was delayed by about two months. Now that the arena is finally ready, the trainer got busy and will not be able to come to my place.
    So, can anybody recommend a trainer who will come one's farm ? My place is in northern Snohomish county.
    Ideally she/he should have experience with youngsters and have their own trainer's insurance.
    Any suggestions, ideas and recommendations are welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks !

Contact Karen Reid and ask her who her "trainer guy" is. I cannot for the life of me remember his name, but after watching him work 2-3 year old for a weekend it was clear this person is talented. He keeps the horse in their comfort zone, so minimized confrontation while provided a clear right versus wrong to the horse. He is mainly a h/j trainer is what I was told, but he clearly had a strong dressage foundation at some point based off his work I saw. I know he travels to location.

I hope you get something worked out! This time of year gets busy for the good ones

PS Karen's contact info is on her farm website (fox fire farm).

Flyracing:

Do you mean Darren Shaw? He started two Foxfire babies and one of PNWJumper's babies last summer (or the summer before?). Darren is a western trainer and works with babies and "boot campers" from the English and h/j world.

If you are in Northern Snoho, contact Blair at North Star Farm. Depending on her schedule, she might be able to help you out.
    Judy
    Sylvan Farm~Breeding for Performance
    Ramzes SF, approved GOV and Belgian http://sylvanfarm.com
    USEF National ID and Horse Recording Task Force; USHJA Jumper Breeding Ad Hoc Committee