The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Working for a bunch of lawyers, I know how difficult it is to make the distinction between vague terms such as "appropriate" and "acceptable". There isn't a standard and each person has a different perception BUT how hard would it be to simply issue a bunch of words that CAN NOT be used in a horses recorded name - period. I cant imagine someone would protest or bring forth a law suit based on word discrimination. After all, you cant repeat a name and there is a huge list of all that have been used. (at least for the Jockey Club you cant)

Does she look like a Jerry Springer Show guest? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    [i]\"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be wo

Isitingood got by the Jockey Club.

At least that's a little creative and ony a little suggestive. They could have been thinking about trying to get their ATM card right so the machine could read it.

Old age and aches and pains! I hate winter. I still think it was upper management error that I was born to a cold climate!!!

I agree with most of you.... Where is the coach??? How do the coach's other clients feel about being with the same barn as the floozy at the shows?

Does this coach have juniors watching this person behave this way?

WHERE ARE THE PARENTS????

Maybe she could do a name change to Izzy Honor Yet??? Jerry Springer???Oh yes!!!

Betsy
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

I really do believe if we ran the world ladies it would be a much better place. LOL

I have spoken to the trainer on numerous occasions. He finally put his foot down and told her she can not enter the ring without proper attire. Hence last weekend a collared shirt and show bow!!!! He loves the horse and is desperatly trying to lookout for the animal and has tryed over and over again to talk with this woman. Like I have said, her beef has always been'if the AHSA issued me a number I am allowed to show under that name.' The door has been opened to have it placed on everything the girl owns as many a client does.This is why I feel the AHSA can refuse a name because of the way the times are with monograms for everything clients own! As I put it to the trainer, How would it look for me,a female professional, showing a horse with a saddlepad that said 'Do me baby'. How would you view myself as a fellow pier?.................. At that point I saw a flash of light from a lighbulb! I explained to him that no one understands that you are trying to change the woman and take care of her animal. All they see is a carnival.

Here is where I want to see the inner workings of the AHSA[federation] and see what happens from here!
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

My husband told me to inform him when someone posted a pic of this woman.

"unsportsmanlike behavior" rule? Surely, causing such offense is not sportsmanlike...and one against the AHSA (ahem, I mean "the Federation" ) for issuing a recording number to the horse, then it can go to a hearing (eventually, but it will happen) and perhaps by then, a solution can be arrived at. If anyone is truly looking to make an objection, and feels strongly enough about it, $100/200 isn't too much to lay out. Especially if the money is put up by a group of those offended.

In the meantime, the exhibitionist is getting her "fix" as we are all here talking about her...

Those of us in the South are now dying of curiosity and want to see photographic evidence of this 'sight to behold'. I'm having trouble visualizing someone this tacky at a horse show.
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

This cracks me up!! I've seen this women show ,if someone did post a pic you would never belive it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

>> After all, you cant repeat a name and there is a huge list of all that have been used. (at least for the Jockey Club you cant) <<

A tad off topic, but interesting nonetheless, is the protected listing as of January 1999 from the International Federation of Racing Authorities:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/e-protect2.html

Two of my favorites for special reasons are on the list: 'Hoist The Flag' and 'Never Say Die'

Not only did I witness the travelling freak show, but I had the rare "privilege' of being in the schooling ring with "it" at my last show. When I wasn't being completely distracted by the sight of her NEON ORANGE lipstick with DARK BROWN lipline (brown about an inch above her actual lipline to make fuller appearing lips), or her TANG COLORED HAIR paired with a BRIGHT GREEN hunt coat, and tammy faye style eye makeup out of the corner of my eye...I was being cut off by her. She has ZERO manners as far as riding in the ring with others...her horse backed right into me...she made some snotty comment to my sister, and if she looked likea joke in her riding attire, what she changed into when she was done was an absolute laugh riot!

She is Long Island's very own Krusty the Klown. Anybody woner if she's reading this?

If I were her trainer she'd be out on her ear.
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

Jennasis, I think you are talking about another anomaly here on LI - Hot Sex is a grey.

The person with the green hunt coat is someone else on the island.Yes another traveling circus,only on Long Island!!

Sometimes you folks scare me.
    I agree the woman sounds like a horror show, but would you make such a fuss about the name if the horse were being ridden by someone "popular"?

You can't legislate good taste, unfortunately, and I, for one, don't feel that we need the Morality Police out there pronouncing judgement on names.

For pity's sake, we have juniors involved in sex with trainers. You really thing they got there by seeing suggestive names on the entry forms?

Were I this creature's trainer, however, I would not hesitate to help her pack her trunk and load the horse.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

It's amazing I should come upon this thread today. My office turned down a client with a "name issue." They had named their child an "ugly" name and the Dept. of Health refused the name for birth registration.
    I wanted that case!!! The firm sent it to another one of our offices.

The parents won.
    As a parent I think it's a form of abuse, but found the case an exciting opportunity.

As long as the juniors and trainers arent having it out in the schooling area - so be it.

However, everyone is faced with other's poor choices of names when they are announced show-wide.

Two issues dont really seem related to me. Just because there is inappropriate behavior present in the horse show world, doesnt mean we just let is all fly.

Popular or not it is offensive and that is where I feel all AHSA members in good standing have a right to complain and expect action taken if it warrents and on the other hand no matter who you are you should show respect for all and be ready to be repremanded because that is just simply put -not right. Here is where the little guy deserves to be heard by the AHSA.
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

I am not expressing an opinion on the name "Hot Sex" for a jumper but do want to confirm that that horse's name was announced many times at last year's Hampton Classic, as in: "I need Hot Sex at the in-gate right now."