The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

First, the AHSA should be able to refuse any name it wants. It's a private organization, if you join, you agree to play by it's rules. If you don't like their rules, don't join, simple as that. Having said that...

I've read every post in this thread and I consider the attitudes and comments expressed here to be way more shocking and offensive than anything anyone could wear or name their horse. I would rather see neon green halter tops and orange lipstick any day than see a group of people who think that they are so morally superior that they can be the arbiter of others' actions. I would rather see nasty words stitched on a cooler in hot pink letters than to think that there are those who would gleefully mock a total stranger. I would rather ride buck naked on a horse named "You Can Kiss my A**" than submit to a bunch of people who think that "tradition and class" is determined by what you wear and not how you treat your fellow human beings.

Sorry about that...my intention was good. I shouldn't have said tart--sorry 'bout that! My post, more simply put, was meant to say that whomever should be allowed to wear what they want and name their horse what they want. Whether we 'like it' or think it 'appropriate' is not our decision...it is a free country and we have choices and rights that are ours. I think the whole thing is pretty tame and we should be worrying about 'real criminals' not somebody who likes to dress funny. If someone were to wear a Bigbird suit and ride really well...would you object? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    \"Donuts. Is there anything they can\'t do?\"
    ~Homer

"...than submit to a bunch of people who think that "tradition and class" is determined by what you wear and not how you treat your fellow human beings."
    \"Donuts. Is there anything they can\'t do?\"
    ~Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:
    The rider is trying to enter the ring with a see through shirt but it has a collar.No bra by the way.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would hope no female would subject themselves to that!! OUCH! I dunno about yall but I think the LAST thing I would want to forget when getting on my horse at a horse show would be my undergarments. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Apparently there are women not as "blessed" as ourselves who don't have enough "shake" to warrant that order of fries, who can sit a trot braless without being pulled out of the saddle by counter-weights, all of those other lovely euphemisms we can come up with...

I personally would think that the discomfort of riding braless would prevent those who "oughtn't" from so doing. If not, the act itself must be punishment enough!

I don't know Jen West, I'm not exactly "gifted" and find it incredibly painful to go without "support". But than again I feel naked without gloves!

No bra "and that is her problem if she doesnt wear one" Hummmmmm if they dont hurt bouncing then they aint real to begin with. But lets get back to the name of the horse, isnt this what we really want to get to the bottom of, "not what she wears under her britches".
    Hot Sex, I dont no How, and Why it got passed the AHSA to even give such a recording number with that name. Come on, lets forget the rider here, She is another topic altogether, When I hear that name I can only think of something that people pay to watch on there cable box!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I find the verbal attacks on this thread to be more shocking than any horse's name or rider's attire.
    I am disgusted by the viciousness and cruelty of the "mob like" attack on this woman. I seem to remember reading something about keeping "class" in this sport. If this is what's considered "classy", you can keep it!!!!

I have no problem with the rider or what she wears, just the name of the horse. If it was not announced over the PA, I would not have a problem with it. Sure, freedom of speech and 1st Amendment and all, but when that freedom is blasted over the PA on multiple occasions and that freedom is an explicit term that offends others, is one really treating others with decency and respect? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old age and aches and pains! I hate winter. I still think it was upper management error that I was born to a cold climate!!!

Anyone else out there old enough to remember a famous Canadian Stallion named, " Greek Jab?" He had a son they called, "Jabber Junior!!"

How about the Chestnut Stallion named, " Penatrator?"

How is that for rude? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I think she may be getting a bit extreme with see-through garments. At most shows I attend, all it takes is rust breeches.

"Nothing ruins a neighborhood, like neighbors." L. Greening
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

And, maybe a yellow horse.

"Nothing ruins a neighborhood, like neighbors." L. Greening
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

How silly of me to think I'd see just a few pages of posts that would simply answer the original question.

I'm sorry, Erin, that you've had to keep track of so much unnecesary, often ugly, BS. (I know what it's like!)

I'm sorry, owner of Hot Sex, that a number of posters took a variety of cheap shots at you. (Talk about "class"!) May I apologize on their behalf?

Final thoughts: I do think the Federation should decline horse recordings that include inappropriate names. How? Not sure yet. A list of inappropriate words? Sex should be one of them.

And lastly, one of the bugs in this issue/thread is due to classic PEBSAC Problem Exists Between Screen And Chair. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Well, it's funny in the show ring. In especially the hunters and equitation when you sorta have to dress pretty much the same as the other 25 people in your class, even in the jumpers where it's a little hard to stand out people do what they can to be noticed. Boots with fluff linings. Purple shirts. Crocheted ear covers, now with contrasting stripes. Coats with piping. Hm. Guess those are all fads now. How about paints, appy's, roans (my favorite, since I have one)? Hm. I'm not the only one anymore.

How else can I catch the attention of the judges and all the sheep at the horse show? I know, how about a catchy name? We used to have threads about how much we liked those catchy names. Now we're all offended by one.

It's my believe that offence, as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. You have the choice over whether to be offended by someone's name or appearance. If you're worried about your children then it's your job to teach them what you consider to be appropriate. As the Sumo baby said, (and I paraphrase) "Does it matter?" Teach your children well (what a great line for a song... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

This person who's been the topic of discussion, much to Erin's dismay, has certainly done what she wanted to do. Rope people in to noticing her. Just like the people in the purple shirts. (Well, the ones that had them before everyone else did.)

I am appalled by all of this. All of you people are jumping all over yourselves comdemming this woman, both for the name of her horse, and for her appearance. Meanwhile, you have spread this name all over this 10 (That's TEN) page thread, on a BB that is read by children all over the country and the world. Now, I would be willing to bet that more kids have been exposed to this name on this thread, then have had to hear it at a show.

As for the way she looks, well it may not be traditional, or even what you might consider appropriate, but let me remind you the this is still a free country, and it seems to me that she is entitled to dress as she sees fit. Let me also remind you of the name "Erin Brochovitch." The lady didn't exactly dress in a businesslike manner, but she sure got the job done.

You know, I'm an old, fat lady. I don't have any fashion sense at all, and I don't even bother to dye my hair, to look more youthful. I wonder how many of you would walk right by me, and turn up your noses, because I was not the picture of someone who looks like she "belongs." And, that is what this is about, looking like the picture you all have in your head of the proper equestrian, not any great moral indignity.

I've been very proud of a lot of threads on this forum. This is NOT one of them.

You have been warned by Erin, and I just deleted another nasty post. KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!

[This message was edited by Louise on Jul. 20, 2001 at 07:51 AM.]
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Um.. dont we all think that its time to bury this dead Horse????Cuz i reeeeallly do!
    Brilyntrip

Moderatettes:
    I suggest this rampage meet it's demise.
    Thank you.

This morning I cannot find the VA statute that allows for unlimited personal attacks.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

You know, I think that brilyntrip and Michelle Mc are absolutely correct.

This thread is officially closed.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.