The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Need help with music for Freestyle.. video added

...Mike maybe?

Is there an easy way to merge 3 songs into one and play it from my iPod?
    I would like to get rid of the 4 or 5 seconds of "dead air" at the end of the first song and have it merge directly into the second song, etc.
    Also for some reason my iPod has decided to play said 3 songs in random order if anyone can help with that. I have them saved as a Playlist, but instead of playing #1, then 2, then 3, iPod will play 1,3,2 or 3,1,2 randomly...
    Thanks!

UPDATE:
    Video as promised
    (a bit jumpy but you can get an idea. Unfortunately my Liberty act + Bareback bridleless Freestyle with my other horse fell victim to a filming snafu...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z96Fkgl-YI
    Last edited by BEARCAT; May. 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

go to download.com and browse the music editing software.

There should be some out that are easy to use even for non nerds.

Trial versions are usually free for a number of uses or 2 weeks.

Cut and splice, then save it as one song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    go to download.com and browse the music editing software.

There should be some out that are easy to use even for non nerds.

Trial versions are usually free for a number of uses or 2 weeks.

Cut and splice, then save it as one song.
    This. As for the iPod, you have the shuffle turned on. No, don't question me, you do. Turn your shuffle off, and they'll play in the order you have them.

Okay, I think I got the shuffle thing fixed (I believed you ). I googled it and it turns out if you SHAKE the Nano, it will go to Shuffle mode. Who knew?!!!
    Must have happened getting off/on horse...

As for the download website I am not finding a music editing program for iPod so far, several for MP3. Are they the same?

I do already have Windows Movie Maker (and taught myself to use it.) Can I do anything with that?

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    Okay, I think I got the shuffle thing fixed (I believed you ). I googled it and it turns out if you SHAKE the Nano, it will go to Shuffle mode. Who knew?!!!
    Must have happened getting off/on horse...

As for the download website I am not finding a music editing program for iPod so far, several for MP3. Are they the same?

I do already have Windows Movie Maker (and taught myself to use it.) Can I do anything with that?
    Yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous "feature." I left mine in the cupholder of my car...every bump in the road changed the song. Gave it away!

Yes, your iPod is playing .mp3's and other music formats. You should be able to pull the song out of iTunes or your music library, into the program, and edit it that way.

Windows Movie Maker is not likely to be helpful; that's not it's purpose. Off the top of my head, Audacity is a great program, and pretty user friendly if you are willing to do some Google-ing when you get stuck.

Do you have a friend with a Mac? This sort of thing would take under 2 minutes in GarageBand. If you're not in a hurry and can wait a few days (I'm in the middle of finals week), PM me the details and I can do it for you, with the promise that you have some video you and post it here on COTH. I love freestyles!

This is the best free music editing software - Audacity. A lot of people use it. Check it out.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Cool

Thanks Mike - got Audacity, but of course it is more complicated than that as it won't let me import iTunes...

This is for a "Talent Show" at the barn. I am doing a bareback bridleless demo with Riot (songs are "This ain't the summer of love" and "Easy Ride" ), and a Dressage Freestyle with Pico as a pirate (found some great Pirates of the Carribean music by the City of Prague Philharmonic).

Will try to get videos and post them IF we don't screw up too bad
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Thanks Mike - got Audacity, but of course it is more complicated than that as it won't let me import iTunes...
    So glad I am not the only one who this happens to :-). I am trying to do the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GMan View Post
    So glad I am not the only one who this happens to :-). I am trying to do the same thing...
    iTunes is just a program to organize and display your music. In order to get the actual music files, you have to find them on your computer. It's usually under YourUserName/Documents/Music or something like that. That will give you access to all of the individual music files.

Thumbs down

I copied the files to a CD as recommended but it is still not letting me open them.
    I get the message:
    "Song" is an Advanced Audio Coding File.
    Audacity cannot open this type of file.
    You need to convert it to a supported audio format, such as WAV or AIFF."

Question

Is there a way to convert them without having to download a new program? (I am always afraid I will get a virus or something when installing new programs.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    iTunes is just a program to organize and display your music. In order to get the actual music files, you have to find them on your computer. It's usually under YourUserName/Documents/Music or something like that. That will give you access to all of the individual music files.
    I will have to look at that then and do some exploring. Thanks :-)

Is there a way to convert them without having to download a new program? (I am always afraid I will get a virus or something when installing new programs.)
    http://media.io/

Angry

Grrr!!!
    I keep getting sooo close and then hitting speed bumps!
    I have created one of the musical freestyle (sounds really good with all 3 songs together) but now can't save it to my iPod because it's not MP3.

My other one, one of the songs is m4p instead of m4a, and even though I followed the tutorial to change it's format, it didn't work... Which doesn't matter now if it's not letting me put it back on my iPod anyways...

You can cut out the end of a song on itunes by right clicking on the song -> get info -> Options. Adjust the start/stop time accordingly and be sure to check the boxes.
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    You can cut out the end of a song on itunes by right clicking on the song -> get info -> Options. Adjust the start/stop time accordingly and be sure to check the boxes.
    Oh. My. God! Where were you 3 hours ago?!!
    Seriously, THANK YOU so much, that's all I wanted to do... And it took me less that 5 minutes!

Houston, we have solved the problem.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Oh. My. God! Where were you 3 hours ago?!!
    Seriously, THANK YOU so much, that's all I wanted to do... And it took me less that 5 minutes!
    obviously not checking the right board haha Im glad I could be of help!
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

Smile

Video as promised
    (a bit jumpy but you can get an idea. Unfortunately my Liberty act + Bareback bridleless Freestyle with my other horse fell victim to a filming snafu...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z96Fkgl-YI
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

love it!!!
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5