The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In Honor of those BBers who have yet to let us know that they are safe... lets all pledge to behave ourselves for one week. Starting right now.

I pledge to not bicker about party differences or my opinion about the president and his actions. I pledge to be the bigger person, and ignore those people who chose to bicker at me, in honor of those who arent able to be here. I promise to be mature, and realize that there are many, many people who have suffered and died this week and there is NOTHING in this life as important or as devastating as the pain those people have suffered. For one week, I will forget that which makes my life seem so tainted, and act amiably towards everyone here, regardless of how I feel towards them.
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

In Honor of those BBers who have yet to let us know that they are safe... lets all pledge to behave ourselves for one week. Starting right now.

I pledge to not bicker about party differences or my opinion about the president and his actions. I pledge to be the bigger person, and ignore those people who chose to bicker at me, in honor of those who arent able to be here. I promise to be mature, and realize that there are many, many people who have suffered and died this week and there is NOTHING in this life as important or as devastating as the pain those people have suffered. For one week, I will forget that which makes my life seem so tainted, and act amiably towards everyone here, regardless of how I feel towards them.
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Good Job RF! Can I be the first to sign?

Miss you, see you next week!

.... we MUST concentrate on helping our people! Keep good thoughts and hope for better things to come.
    \"Donuts. Is there anything they can\'t do?\"
    ~Homer

You have my pledge.

Barb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    **BARB***

To not bicker, stir the pot or condemn my fellow BBers in the hope of keeping our wonderful group together and working towards locating our extended family of virtual friends!

Thank you for this, RF!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I pledge. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting different results~

Thanks for reminding us.

And if the curb chain jangle works, please know that we janglers are jangling extra hard.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Yup.
    Tinwhistle Farm

I pledge...but I am also out of the loop. Who hasn't reported in yet? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Peace,
    Kate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    \"Never give up on something you can\'t go one day without thinking about.\" ~Albert Einstein

Its never too late to change the way you approach something Julie. Glad to see you, along with everyone else, realizing that there are more important things to think about today. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Goodnight all. I'm out for the day.
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

I pledge to behave myself all week (actually for the remainder of the month), and as a start, go check out the "A tribute to the rescue workers" thread where I just posted a link for an item drive for the rescue workers in NYC. This one only applies to southeast PA, but it's a start.

I pledge.

"Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

please!

I pledge too. Trust me, this is just not the time. I can't even think about riding, let alone showing at a time like this....really makes our "horse show world" seem trivial, eh?

I pledge. We need to stick together, not bicker.
    ~*Paige*~

Count me in... and my apologies to anyone I upset yesterday.

I pledge

* Fiero *

I'm in too.

I've only ridden once over the past several weeks and am kind of forcing myself to again tomorrow. (My horse has to stay in work while my trainer is out of town next week and I must get comfortable with him...long story...)

I took my daughter to ride yesterday and she had a great lesson today. I found myself actually smiling. I have to admit - it felt wonderful. She's at a stage where, unless some disaster strikes someone close to her, she doesn't get what the big deal is. We talk about it when she asks questions after our initial discussion, but I don't dwell on the horror of it all.

My son is the more silent, but deep, kind of kid. He's 2 1/2 years older than my daughter and I have to admit, I'm kind of scared at how silent he's been. But, based on history with him, I have to believe he'll talk when he's ready.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E