The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

in their own way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

But Mr. Studmuffin didn't understand the question. Plus, I had to remind him about a previous DQ girlfriend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Methinks asking an ex-NFL player about the difference between old flames is like asking your horse which pellets taste better.

Well, thanks for ruining my research project!

But in the "there must be something unique" category: Once when I was looking at new pickup trucks, the salesman got *very* interested when I told him I needed the truck to pull a horse trailer. It seems one of his ex-girlfriends was a horse rider. That's the only time a saleman has ever told me to keep taking roads farther and farther away from the shop during the test drive. In addition to offering to sing for me in the truck, he dropped a few not-so-subtle hints about how... special... horsewomen are. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

There's one dealership I won't be going back to anytime soon! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I just had to bump this up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I was almost crying because I was laughing so hard

Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked, mercy I found

Or is it Hall of Shame? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

"If you don't give me what I want... I will destroy your life." - Frank Donovan

I'm pretty sure it isn't her thighs she's talking about here! I feel your pain! I always ride in breeches, mostly due to a horse-related (of course) injury which has left me with quite a bit of scar tissue in my inner thigh. The inside seam of jeans leaves me hurting for days! Anyway, I find the breeches much more comfy, and have not noticed them being hotter at all.
    That said, I hope you don't suffer any permanent nerve damage...no man likes a frigid woman!

Ah, no, it ain't her "thighs". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I went on a trail ride one time on a TW in an Australian stock saddle. Was promised it would be the "Most comfotable Ride You've Ever Been On".

HA! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] All I can say is that saddle impacted a part of my posterior that was not familiar with saddle leather. OUCH OUCH OUCH [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

VERY amusing to the rest of the barn for SEVERAL days afterwards. I will stick to my nice English saddle thankyouverymuch.

gotta vote aginst waffle-weave breeches/ pigskin saddles and long trailrides too. ICK, ACK, two-point is your friend.......

Oh man, I rode in my new saddle for the 2nd time last night.

Well, better than the orgasmatron that I tried, but I did some work without stirrups and, well, haha good thing I'm not getting any these days. haha.

Laura
    Laura

"Why can't someone design decent, padded underwear for female equestrians?"

There were three of us in the lesson wearing the current offerings on the market: Granny pants that almost eek their waistband above that of our breeches, plus they feel about like you're wearing a diaper. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

ok...ok... I have no idea how to word this at all....I ride in jeans and chaps practically everytime I ride, are you all saying that it is harder to um...er... be satisfied?

"Polo isn't a sport. It's golf on horseback, without the holes. It's a great concept, but it's not a sport. And as far as water polo is concerned, I hesitate to mention it, because it's extremely cruel to the horses." - George Carlin

nah. I'm just sore and am off limits right now.

Laura
    Laura

Riding in jeans doesn't cause any ..um .. problems for me ..as long as I remember to wear underwear that fits well enough to keep everything where it belongs. But from purely academic interest, I'd be happy to help out with the suggested research project.

Don't fret, Spider. Despite decades of jeans and chaps, I am (still) a happily satisfied customer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider:
    ok...ok... I have no idea how to word this at all....I ride in jeans and chaps practically everytime I ride, are you all saying that it is harder to um...er... be satisfied?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'd say the thread consensus went in a whole 'nuther direction... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. "
    - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Nope. I'd say the thread consensus went in a whole 'nuther direction...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh....lol, than it's just me who has issues. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Polo isn't a sport. It's golf on horseback, without the holes. It's a great concept, but it's not a sport. And as far as water polo is concerned, I hesitate to mention it, because it's extremely cruel to the horses." - George Carlin

Oh dear, need we start a therapy group for Spider? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

If the thought of the COTH BB'ers providing therapy wasn't such a terrifying thought, I'd agree with you Merry... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. "
    - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh dear, need we start a therapy group for Spider?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:
    in their own way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you mean infamous in this particular situation....The Inverness Problem; gotta love it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

Surely this thread needs to die a quiet death. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes."