The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
    Surely this thread needs to die a quiet death. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

says the woman with her name in the title... No way this has to be one of the most entertaining threads ever! Be lucky Inverness that your name will be forever remembered [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then give up. No use being a damned fool about it" -W.C. Fields
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

My bad! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Blame it's resurrection on vineyridge! Ok, so her question was asked in all innocence, or so she'll say! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Can't die until Beezer spills Mr. Beezer's fear.

For some reason, I have suffocation in my teeming imagination.

Besides, this is, as I have now learned to my personal discomfort, a VERY common and important issue for riders, which needs argument.

Duffy, you done good.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Well, I just got back from three days of The Horse Show From Hell, and I believe I was saved from "Invernessitis" in part because I wore the lovely padded underwear on Day #3, which included two hacks and eq on the flat. Only problem is, during the sitting trot of the eq class, I was acutely aware of the foam-padded crotch snaking its way like an eel up my nether region until, by the time the class was finished, my a** was as red as an orangutan. I was considering purposely dehydrating myself just so I wouldn't have to pee, and thereby scald myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

... And yes, I realize this is far, far more about me than what you ever wanted to know... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I generally avoid temptation... Unless I can't resist it." - Mae West

OMG!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I must say that I have had the dreaded Dressage Crotch (Inverness are you happy with me? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) But my worst case came from a new pair of breeches. New breeches, thong, hot muggy day, major work on sitting trot and cantering 8m circles. Desitin and baby powder are my friend! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Interesting call to work the next day..."Hmmm, I can't come in, my, ummm, tummy, Yeah! My tummy hurts and I can't walk." Lucky for me my boss didn't press further.

On the OTHER topic of discussion, I have it on a couple of good authorities that female riders build certain muscles, and can, um, contract those muscles in such a way that non rider's can not. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] No further explanation forthcoming. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

--Therese

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe'
    - Therese

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Laughing with many tears now! Merry - you crack me up!

Hey, I aims to please! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I generally avoid temptation... Unless I can't resist it." - Mae West

Ah, geez. I nearly died of embarrassment just READING this post--with no one else in the room to catch me!!!!

And to the one (I forget who at the moment)who mentioned "Dressage Crotch"--it's also a "Reiner," and "Trail Rider" problem as well.

What is that odd whistling sound? Oh, heavens! My pencil punched a hole in my forehead!
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

and forgot how much I disclosed about my person. I feel for all of those who suffer from this malady, but alas, I don't get it. This information could come in handy when Mr. Mommy is pestering me however!

Still married, and still commando! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

[This message was edited by Silly Mommy on May. 29, 2002 at 07:02 PM.]