The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jair:
    Personally, I think boxer briefs are a wonderful invention. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God bless who ever it was that designed them.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

OMG!!! Let me up for air, my coworkers are wondering what's going on . . . ! I am laughing soooo hard!

[This message has been edited by Spunky (edited 11-10-2000).]
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"

You guys are killing me. Who new that underwear and unschedualed bikini waxes would cause such a stir?

So thongs can rob you of your virginity, and granny pants are ugulee. I found some panties at Walmart that claimed to be the World's best fitting Panties. I bought several pairs and they fit great and don't give you a wedgie! The bikini brief with half your rear end hanging out looks horrible under breeches. Worse than a panty line at your leg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HN73:
    No underwear lines?

Easy answer....no underwear. I guess my secret is out.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who had the "Most Embarrassing Moment" when a cohort of HN's split her breeches during a clinic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
    So thongs can rob you of your virginity, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG Flash! If you only knew what I was thinking! and I'd get kicked off the board if I wrote it down! The parameters surrounding your statement are quickly sending my mind further into the gutter... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ROTFLOL !!!!!
    You Strike Me Still

Admit it......admit it and your life will be simpler. Okay, okay, I admit it. I don't want to go home. I want to go out and buy a bottle of wine and come back to the office and chat to my BB fiends, no, no I mean friends. Honestly!

So, now the possibility of no underwear. No can do. Remember being told by our mothers to make sure we're wearing clean underwear in case we're in an accident and need to go the the hospital? HELLO!!!! Under certain circumstances with the tummy held in just so and draping something seductive around us, we can look quite tantalizing. But Lord, just picture being prone, on a hospital gurney and voila........no undies. I repeat, no can do.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Think white Tailored Sportsmans on a rainy day...this would probably be a tad more embarassing than panty lines not to mention errant panty liners.

HN -- you may have to change your user name after this thread! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Heidi, this quite simply has to stop. One quick story which semi relates to your white breeches comment.

Picture this. Years ago, wearing a stunning new hot pink bathing suit. I seductively climb out of the pool, walk toward my husband (now ex) and might I add, walking as though I was one hot little number. He is motioning to me and waving rather hysterically. I think I'm just driving him toward madness in his desire for me. Well no. What he is actually doing is trying to tell me my bathing suit is now completely transparent and there I am for the entire world to view. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that's why we split. No, come to think of it, he's still waiting for me to answer that question. You know the one.....what's more important to you, the horses or me?????
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Let m,e just tell you!!!!! I would sooner go Captain than wear a THONG!!!! Honey, no matter what- its a major wedgie. You just don't go there. Especially when your horse decided to make a REALLLY big effort, and your upper body lurches forward. Its like being hung from your underwear (Ok, so its never happened to me, but i can imagine(being hung, that is)!!!!)

Thong is just a major no-no. You go free to the wind, or you wear TIGHT undies. But thongs? not unless....ok, never mind..

heidi do you remember a certain grand prix rider who used to regularily ride in her white TS's sans undies?

Do you remember when she got dumped into the liverpool at the original Tournament of Champions. For reference see Quinn's tranparent pink bikini story.

I believe she's moved to Europe (or coventry) poor dear ... too hard to live that one down!

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 11-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Becca:
    Especially when your horse decided to make a REALLLY big effort, and your upper body lurches forward. Its like being hung from your underwear <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only have we amused ourselves endlessly we have inadvertently stumbled onto a more humane form of execution - wonder if George Dubya is lurking. Forget the electric chair, hang 'em by a thong. I think the mere threat, at least for Becca, would also go a long way to deter many from a life of crime.

And Canter, I do remember feeling like Superman that one day with keen x-ray vision. BTW, had I experienced a similarly translucent moment, I'd leave the country too and enter the witness protection program for the underwear-challenged.

Heidi- You have me pegged. Threaten me with a thong-wedge, and I promise, I'll never kill another person again. Or steal. Or embezzle. Or cheat. Or Lie. Or voice my opinion.... Ok, I'll give up all my other favorite pass times, but being a bossy big-mouth is one even super thong will not end! However, thongs would be more cost efficient than the electric chair. You can buy them at walmart- 10 for 5 dollars!!!!

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    Picture this. Years ago, wearing a stunning new hot pink bathing suit. I seductively climb out of the pool, walk toward my husband (now ex) and might I add, walking as though I was one hot little number. He is motioning to me and waving rather hysterically. I think I'm just driving him toward madness in his desire for me. Well no. What he is actually doing is trying to tell me my bathing suit is now completely transparent....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dear new friends, the internet crashed but I'm back. Okay, in answer to the bathing suit story.....I'm in Mexico for a week off work. Swimming w/ the Dolphins. Excellent white almost two piece but attached at the side by fab. gold buckle....smokin' if I don't say so myself. I'm first in and the trick is lie face down in the water, two dolpins swim up underneath and with their noses push you up and out of the water. Standing on their noses they push you along the water for about 100ft.

Yes, first the bathing suit was clearer than a Ziploc bag filled w/ water and then insult to injury, the buckle thing broke from the force of the water as I was pushed out of the water. So here I am wipping along the water standing on the nose of two dolphins in front of approx. 50 Japanese tourists....handicams focusing in! I do have pictures but somehow I think Erin would throw me off the BB forever and how sad, I'd miss all my new fab. friends.

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

How I am just cackling about being hung from your underwear! I can just about picture it.......as a dressage rider I wear white breeches and believe me, when they get wet, everything shows! I usually wear pantyhose under them to get rid of the panty lines......what does one do about slimming the gut?

Those of us who have had children know regaining that lovely figure we had before pregnancy, may or may not be a reality.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to slim the gut? Girdle maybe? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bethe, I believe there are laws in the books about attempting half passes in a girdle.

My mother once told me to wear a girdle during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks (scoffed at her and now have the map of Italy on my belly) and I cannot imagine the pain and discomfort of wearing one to ride.

There is a line of 'undergarments' called Body Slimmers, can't remember the manufacturer, which may work. How about control top pantyhose under your white breeches?

OMG, I have to stop reading this thread because I'm laughing so hard that I'm going wet the underwear I have on!!

Actually, I think I'll have my aforementioned husband read this later.... it will give him an entirely different perspective on what to watch for at the hunter ring.

Oh my, my age is showing! I saw this post early today and thought - no way am I going to tell everyone that I wear thongs under my TS's. They'll think I'm not only a wanton woman, but an "over the hill wanton woman" - whose 43 yr.old. a$$ should probably be properly supported by a "foundation style" undergarment.

Well, I was just about to leave for home (after a long, long meeting)and decided to check and see if anyone was brave enough to "tell all".

I can't believe the stories! I probably won't stop laughing till sometime tomorrow.

Just so everyone knows tho' - my rear end still has it's original suspension system in place or I WOULD wear a "foundation garment" instead of a thong.

Going commando is the ONLY way to ride...

http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif