The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bebe:
    Yikes...

Thong whilst I am riding? Talk about annoying... I just wear regular underwear... besides.. you can kinda tell who's wearing a thong or not.. panty lines are sooo normal in Canada... You can kinda tell who's wearing a thong or not...

Bebe
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bebe - please know that what I am about to write in strictly in jest...

OK, first off, I look at it this way, who wants to see someone's nasty old granny panty lines. You know what is even worse? Is when you can see the line of the crotch of the panty..and no, someone doesn't have to be bending over or going over a jump for you to see it.

Next, my feelings on "you can tell when someone is wearing a thong". God forbid a man should know I'm wearing a thong! It might turn him on! And what woman cares that another is wearing one? When it's all said and done, for the most part, we're all women at the shows around here, whether there are males or females. The gay guys really don't care if I'm wearing floss for Pete's sake and if it does something for a straight guy, well, point him out to me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-10-2000).]

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Eaton's(sigh) made fantastic(can they be) granny pants with lace and no elastic. very fine article of clothing for the riding woman.

My hubs tried the riding thing and looked sooo good in his breeches(no panty lines) that all the ladies at our barn asked him if he would wear them whether he was interested in riding or not. He would show up with breeches on and a huge t-shirt which he would continually pull down over his bottom. All the barn girls would hide in the barn and slowly make their way to the ring to watch him ride. He still hasn't gotten over it ten years later. I think he was harrassed out of riding!

I was laughing so hard at the thought of me in a thong that..... forget it.
    And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it, and
    created the horse.\" Bedouin legend

My trainer swears by ice skating tights. They "hold everything in" if you know what I mean.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chef:
    My trainer swears by ice skating tights. They "hold everything in" if you know what I mean. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm, never thought about that. In theory, they would definately work though. LOL, and my mom thought she was done buying skating apparel when I switched over to riding.

I just let my cellulite and panty lines hang out there for all to see. One thing I don't do, is wear my TS too tight. A little more room goes a long way in preventing panty lines. Let's face it, unless you're built like Kate Moss, breeches are not the most flattering apparrel. I'm 5'10" and weigh around 135 -- not fat at all -- but I cringe everytime I have to put a pair of breeches on. You have to be built like a stick for them to truly look good on you! The only people I see at shows who look good in breeches are the itty bitty kids riding the ponies!

No underwear lines?

Easy answer....no underwear. I guess my secret is out.
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

Do any of the E-searchers remember this topic that went on on the old board? It wasn't show-specific but I was ROFLMFAO at all the replies it got.

Either/or... I think people have more things to do than worry about what kind of undies I am wearing, and if they don't then I don't want to know they're thinking about what kind of undies I am wearing.

I wear thongs when appropriate -- I canNOT go out in my "hick clothes" with a panty line. But riding would probably be another thing and I've found a couple of pairs that hardly show under TS's.

There's a story that comes up at every show about one of our riders who wore a thong, and her breeches split out... How embarassing would that be... http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

I gotta say...all of this is making me giggle lots. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Thanks everyone for the laffs. I'm still wiping the coffee out of my keyboard.

If someone was wearing a thong and their breeches split oh LOL!! Just so long as it wasn't me. Personally I'd be even more embarrased if my granny pants were seen by one and all flapping in the breeze.

MAZ + Quinn- I laughed SO hard when I read your posts that my eyes started to water and I'm sure the women in the next office thinks I'm wacky. Way TOOOOO funny!

Lilian - hear, hear! After a long, fruitless quest for the perfect invisible yet comfy underwear, I came to the shattering realization that they just don't exist. Or, that if they do, they're too much bloody trouble to find anyway. So, now every time I put my breeches on over my regular old undies, I cheerfully recall that one of the beautiful things about doing the jumpers is not having to worry very much about appearance if you don't really feel like it. If my little heart so desired, I could wear a clown suit, so panty lines - bah! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.geocities.com/kachoom
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Canter, stop!!! I'm visualizing http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Anyplace quote: "When it's all said and done, for the most part, we're all women at the shows around here, whether there are males or females. The gay guys really don't care if I'm wearing floss for Pete's sake and if it does something for a straight guy, well, point him out to me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]"

Anyplace....you hit the point. Now if the gay / straight percentage would just shift, I'd plug my nose and learn to enjoy butt flossing my way through the jumpers. Afterall, that's what I do all day long in an effort to end the single NY life. And it ain't as hip as looks on TV.

P.S. This computer thing confounds me...how do you do the bold quotey thingy....mine didn't turn out right. I think it all the stress caused by Friday's thong, although I have Canadian roots, I do not have Canter's Strongest Butt Cheek Award yet!! I have to concentrate.

[This message has been edited by MAZ (edited 11-10-2000).]

The split breeches and thong thing is what sent me over the edge too. I could so see that happening to me. I still can't stop chuckling... Thanks for the Friday laughs, all!

Well, while I'm here, I'll add something else. A while back, someone posted "Most Embarrassing Moments" but mine was not horse related.

Remember when thigh highs were the rage? Well, of course, I had to rush out and get a pair. While walking from my car to the Metro, I felt them slip a little, praying they would stay up until I got on the train, it finally came and I sat down. Got in the station, started to walk, things weren't feeling very secure. Went up the escalator at Farragut West and darted into the nearest elevator (no bathrooms nearby). Hit the top floor button, made adjustments, hit L and got back off. Made it to the corner of 19th and L (for those of you who aren't familiar, this is a MAJOR intersection in DC). Started to walk across and I'll be damned, both fell around my ankles while I was in the cross walk, right in front of these two cab drivers.

I decided I would try to pull it off gracefully instead of running with them around my ankles for the nearest doorway to hide. I put my foot up on the curb and inched them back up. I happened to see one was laughing sympathetically at me. Or is that with me? Anyway, I had to collect myself after that so I stepped into a bus booth. There were two other women in there. Everything was silent for like two seconds and then all of a sudden, we all burst into laughter!

I ended up going into a Mrs. Fields and begging the guy in there to let me use his bathroom so I could get the things off and put on a pair of dollar panty hose that I bought from the street vendor. He let me and much to my surprise, just when I was about to put the trash in the can in the bathroom, lifting the lid revealed that was where they kept the cookie dough bags.

Are you hitting the icon that is the little sheet of paper with the red arrow next to it? It's the Reply w/Quote key or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jo:
    Do any of the E-searchers remember this topic that went on on the old board? It wasn't show-specific but I was ROFLMFAO at all the replies it got.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH, yes, I remember! It really brought out the trolls as I recall - as did the "How does a short person get onto a tall horse" topic! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif In fact, I was almost afraid to open this here thread. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif But I'm glad I did - MAZ, I rarely laugh out loud as I read this board, but your post...well, let's just say the tears were rolling down my cheeks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Enough, enough! Everyone's thinking I'm having way too much fun for a Friday morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    The gay guys really don't care if I'm wearing floss for Pete's sake <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about that Anyplace? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You never asked me for my opinion...
    You Strike Me Still

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Yeah, I hit the little button thing and it didn't work right for me. Perhaps I shall pray to the Thong God for strength ('cause you know those that can are the strongest) and try again. My new theory, perhaps all riding throng wearers can answer, do those that can wear a thong while riding (day time clothes don't count...) have boyfriends / husbands? 'Cause I think I'm determined to try again if there is a positive correlation.
    Signed
    Hopeless in NY

P.S. Canter if your answer is yes, I shall revert to my Canadian roots and streak through the barn in just a touque and thong and see what reward would await.