The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jo:
    Remember the above story about my friend who split her breeches while wearing a thong? I think she got a date with every straight guy at the show... THAT's why humans subject themselves to the thong.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Both of them???? WOW! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I found the perfect distance but they put the jump in the wrong place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spunky:
    Who had the "Most Embarrassing Moment" when a cohort of HN's split her breeches during a clinic?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT!! My breeches have never been split!! AARRGGHH, I can't even imagine.

And for those of you that have had your britches give out in the worst place....it was either that they should have been retired a long time ago or YOU WERE WEARING THE WRONG SIZE.

Good grief.
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

I was wearing a very old pair of jeans one day while riding and they split right across my hind end over a jump. I have also split a few pairs getting on horses. And no, I don't wear tight jeans....they were thread-bare http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/cool.gif

Becca has been known to wear jeans riding that are maybe just a LITTLE too tight. Leg up is the one thing to really avoid. That tearing sound is my greatest fear.

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HN73:
    And for those of you that have had your britches give out in the worst place....it was either that they should have been retired a long time ago or YOU WERE WEARING THE WRONG SIZE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the "wrong size" can happen innocently too. Like the dryer for instance, the same one that eats socks, it seems to shrink my clothes specifically around my hips and keeps the length the same. And I definately know its the dryer.....I'm sure its not the endless hours I spend in the office, sitting my hiney, working so diligently (never posting on COTH)!

HN, I didn't mean you! LOL, I'm sorry!! But I do remember hearing a story from someone about a woman who DID split her breeches sans underwears during a clinic -- I'm trying to figure out who I heard it from!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

After reading this thread, I think I will go out and by myself some granny undies just in case . . . ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"

VtRider, I've had the same problem with my jeans that I ride in. One pair split last week and I noticed that another is starting to wear through. Like you, I do not wear them too tight, they're just getting worn out at a rapid rate! No thongs underneath for me. All cotton, French cut briefs thank you very much -- no rubbing or chafing. No panty lines with jeans and I can live with the lines under my breeches.

MAZ....I can never ever look at you with a straight face again....never....scary I just learned more about you in the last 3 minutes then I did in our weeks living together...scary....
    Erin
    -------------------------
    -Erin-
    \"Im so terrified of no one else but me
    Im here all the time
    I wont go away...\"
    (Matchbox 20, Long Day)

LOL MAZ, members of the Canadian clique never admit to sitting about on their hineys...unless said hiney is parked at the local Hortons...and judging by the staff uniforms, they use the same make of dryer that you do.

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 11-13-2000).]

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Yo Canter....Hortons (Tim Hortons right?) - just wanted to update my Canadian facts.
    FYI: was recently at the might TH and was amazed at the soup / bagel combination (the bagel was almost as good as a NYC H&H bagel).

And ErinElliston - please don't think less of me my pal. In fact I'm surprised you held me in such high esteem prior to realizing from this BB that I truly have a gutter sense of humour!!

Oh, and to make this post horsey related:

Observation of the Day: Those that spend significant amounts of time w/ 4 legged creatures who produce significants amount of ***** will eventually fall prey to a common denominator in their humour too!!

Gotta story to share along the splitting pants lines...this just happened a month ago while I was at Nationals. We had just gotten there and I needed to school my mare in the big ring to get her used to it before the jumpers the next night. Heard over the PA that they were closing the ring at 4:30 and having lost track of time thought that it was almost 4:00 and she wasn't even groomed much less tacked up. Doing this sans groom didn't have time to change into different jeans. So what was I wearing? A pair of threadbare jeans I bought when I had gained my freshmen 10#'s and have since lost it. So they were WAYYY too big. So I tacked up and went to the ring and in the middle of everyone in there I go to mount up from the ground and what do I hear but RRRIIIIPPPP! Those jeans had fell down so low that the waist was drooping around my hips and the crotch was a good 2-3 inches below where it was suppose to be. and it ripped all the way across one butt cheek! There in the middle of all those professionals and big names. I was soo embarassed, but luckily I was wearing my chaps and wasn't wearing Butt floss. Then the piece de resistence, I had to go to outback with some old friends in the same trashed jeans, after realizing I had more than 1.5 hrs to get in the ring and school! Boy did I feel dumb. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    \"In all manners of opinion, our adversaries are insane.\" Mark Twain

I cant believe that everyone here has so drasticaly underestimated the real power of a thong.

There is nothing like a thong to remind you to sit up straight in that Eq class; don't SLAM back into the saddle or do other harsh movement on your horses back and surely dont yank your horse down to a screeching halt at any expense. You will think twice about missing to any jump, not just a sizeable one. I think these are all good things.

I love thongs and at least when I dont ride so swell I have my hubby to tell me its allright cause I look pretty hot just standing there.

I will say that I hate wearing thongs with looser fitting pants and even skirts because the powerful, thong honed butt cheeks tend to want to pull loose clothing in too and there is nothing worse then reverse camel toe.

The big peeve I have that comes second only to the underwear line thing is bouncing bousoms. That must be because my front is as flat as my back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retrophish:
    .... because the powerful, thong honed butt cheeks tend to want to pull loose clothing in too and there is nothing worse then reverse camel toe.......
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is one of the funnest things I've read yet. Retrophish you rock!! I'd write that ROF blah blah acronym, but I don't know what the hell it stands for, so instead, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

P.S. I didn't know thongs actually honed your butt. Another side benefit...see what you can learn on this BBoard.

I dont know that they hone your butt either, someone else said you need hurculean butt cheeks. I just know the cheeks get a little eager that's all - and that's enough. Think about it, someone that tolerates the butt floss -say me for example, is probably incapable of feeling the slack/skirt creepage. Now, catching a glimpse of that on yourself in the lady's room can cause quite a scream.

So much for thinking your some sexy thang.

[This message has been edited by Retrophish (edited 11-13-2000).]

We call it "hungry bum" syndrome, but it ain't pretty whatever you call it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZ:
    Yo Canter....Hortons (Tim Hortons right?) - just wanted to update my Canadian facts.
    FYI: was recently at the might TH and was amazed at the soup / bagel combination (the bagel was almost as good as a NYC H&H bagel).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you guys are too funny. MAZ next time you're home for a visit try the Timmies new chicken stew in a bread bowl. But don't wear your thong.

Marks and Sparks:

When I was in England I had some warm flannel nighties from M$S; a necessity in that environment. After I got back to the States, those nighties lasted forever.

Actually. some years ago, there was an article on Marks and Spencer in of all places, Gourmet Magazine. The article described the stringent procedures that the company employed to ensured the durability of their products.

Maybe they could be convinced to offer their products in a catalog. I would be first in line to buy.

No thongs for me! My derriere needs to be warm!

Valentine