The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Jair, you wouldn't care that I was wearing the thong. You would just want to know if it was Natori, Cacharel or Wacoal.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

who was it who said to just get TS's that fit right? How, pray tell, do you do that? I tried going up a size so that I wouldn't have to ask random people to zip them up for me anymore, but when I did the waist was gigantic and it came up to my armpits. I got them taken in but they still came up to my armpits and plus now the butt looks kind of wierd. I think my underwear are the least of my problems...

MAZ, to witness that, I will happily lend you my orange touque!
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Gee, the songs going through my head now, starting with the "Thong Song", ending with "Who Let the Thong Out, eek, eek, eek, eek" in MAZ's honour.

BTW, MAZ, all men LOVE thongs - under Tailored Sportsmans, overalls, a demure little black dress. Like Ms. Lewinsky, though, you must advertise the fact that you're, indeed, grimacing through a pair. To that end, I believe wearing them around your neck in the jumper ring will also work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

And orange is my color too!!! Perhaps black thong, orange touque....a Halloween motif. And before all you smart ass BBers reply.....yes it would be scary.

Be afraid folks, be very afraid.

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Okay, I just spit my Snapple all over the key board. Classic.

I'm picturing a victory gallop with a thong around my neck...and you know, to go w/ the riding motif it should definately be monigrammed. It would start a trend.

And Whoa: on the TS thing, I hear ya. If underwear line was my only problem I'd rule...however, I too have sizing issues. I buy one size large, wash in hot water, shrink in dryer and try not to look in the mirror as I leave the house.

You've got that righ Anyplace. Everyone knows that the label is more important than the item.

I personally go for the lycra exercise shorts under the breeches to remove any unseemly underwear lines. (In case anyone wanted a male opinion that is) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Why can't the thong just double as a harness for your helmet? Think of the comfort factor and fashion statement. Certain BBers here would of course have to flaunt certain labels. And you all know who you are.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Well, Jair, if you scroll back a bit, honey, you are supposed to switch up to skating undies. According to that poster, they "hold everything in place, if you know what I mean." I think that was how it was put.

I have to ask this question because it is something that has always eluded me. Now, for a little delicacy here........wait, I'm thinking on how to word this just right.....Okay, okay, how would you adhere something which can sometimes be needed if you know what I mean when in the "thong" mode. All I can think of is duct tape or elastics. Enlighten me.......
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    Jair, you wouldn't care that I was wearing the thong. You would just want to know if it was Natori, Cacharel or Wacoal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

APF, I thought those were trendy coffee drinks?

definitely a thong. it's the only guaranteed non-bulky way to completely eliminate lines. i hate when people where tight-@$$ breeches with lines. ugh!

Quinn - with the advent of the Super Absorbent Easy Glide Playtex tampon, my panty liner days are gone. OK, I just know that line is going to get me in trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jair:
    I personally go for the lycra exercise shorts under the breeches to remove any unseemly underwear lines. (In case anyone wanted a male opinion that is) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried it....the shorts rolled up my legs and bunched like a huge and very unsightly lump of cellulite, to say nothing of the comfort issues. Perhaps I should try a different brand!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Homer:
    APF, I thought those were trendy coffee drinks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There have been those that have been known to drink them but I believe that is only on those late night pay per view channels. You know, "Connie does Cacherel" and "A Tall Wacoal, Please?" and "No, No Natori".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZ:
    Yeah, I hit the little button thing and it didn't work right for me. Perhaps I shall pray to the Thong God for strength ('cause you know those that can are the strongest) and try again. My new theory, perhaps all riding throng wearers can answer, do those that can wear a thong while riding (day time clothes don't count...) have boyfriends / husbands? 'Cause I think I'm determined to try again if there is a positive correlation.
    Signed
    Hopeless in NY

P.S. Canter if your answer is yes, I shall revert to my Canadian roots and streak through the barn in just a touque and thong and see what reward would await.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeyyesyes!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By god you're Canadian. My fortune cookie says that you will be richly rewarded! One two three go!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    Quinn - with the advent of the Super Absorbent Easy Glide Playtex tampon, my panty liner days are gone. OK, I just know that line is going to get me in trouble.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.....but this too raises problems. Tell me girls, I'm sure you've felt the same as the the thong here (see earlier post), very small effort and you could blow this out your nose too. One 4 ft. oxer and its history. Now the duct tape idea....not bad....could certainly save on waxing expenses.

[This message has been edited by MAZ (edited 11-10-2000).]

I am happy to say that yes, women who wear thongs while riding CAN have boyfriends. I have proudly worn my thongs and we've been together 3.5 years. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Oh my! Well, I guess if you've borne an entire baseball team, slippage might be a concern but I've never lost one yet!

Love the thong as chinstrap idea...just think of how it could double as a standing martingale in an emergency. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 11-10-2000).]