The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Asmar Equestrian Softshell?

I've never heard of this brand before, but I'm in love with how the jacket looks. It seems like it's sporty and streamlined while still traditional enough for hunters.

Do any of you have experience with this brand/coat?

Asmar Equestrian Softshell
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping

I have their long raincoat, and I LOVE it!!! Great quality.

We sell many of their other products at the tack store I work at and I have to say I'm less than impressed with them.
    I can't specifically speak to the show jacket, but the rain coats, shirts and sweaters we have aren't that great in quality. The material is really nice, but for the price the workmanship (especially on the stitching) is really disappointing. The rain jackets contain way too many "extras" in my opinion, with unnecessary zippers and flaps that really annoyed me whenever I've tried them on. Those jackets also have quite an odd silhouette, though that doesn't look like such an issue with the show coats.
    That being said they're a very nice company to deal with, and local to me. The fact that their show coats are in the same price range as their rain jackets is slightly concerning to me personally, their stuff tends to be fairly pricey so the low cost of the coat seems off.
    I have to admit though, there's only a few others I've met who agreed with me about the quality of Asmar products and while picky I don't think I'm outrageous in what I expect for my money. I'd suggest seeing for yourself first, or at least checking the return policy before ordering anything from them

I have the Dressage show coat and LOVE it.. I also have the Pikeur Diana (wool) and most of the HOT season wear the light weight Asmar coat. Love the logo on the arm too.. Get tons of compliments.
    For the price, you could not go wrong.

Does the size drop down box work for you guys? It doesn't work for me...

Is it just me, or does that picture in the original link look like the polyester jackets of the 70s?

Can anyone figure out their sizing chart?

The drop down menu isn't working for me either but it looks like the jackets are sized xs, s, m, l etc. The chart has centimeters and inches, which just adds a bunch of numbers. I'd say the chest and waist are really the numbers to pay attention to rather than length unless that's something that you've had a history with.
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping