The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

What a lovely filly--I am so very sorry for your loss BIG HUGS

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
    Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what to say but I know how it is to looose a beloved animal.

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous.
    Self proclaimed fashion police.
    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.
    President of the Late Nite Posters
    Member GPA Clique

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this awful time.
    Trinity Farm LLC
    Quality hunters and jumpers at Midwest prices
    Like us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/TrinityFarmLLC

Haven't been around much lately, but wanted to add my condolences to the many who have posted here. How terribly sad..... I am so sorry....

I just read this, I am so sorry. She was beautiful. I don't know if it will help, but I'm sure she is with all of our beloved horses that have left us. I know my Rocky will be taking care of her across the rainbow bridge.
    My treasures do not glitter or clink,
    they gleam in the sunlight and neigh in the night.
    ~bedouin proverb

Sabra, what a terrible loss. All my sympathies to you...

((((hugs)))) to you Silly Mommy. I just had a minute to check the boards as well and am saddened by your loss. Victor will know that she's destined for the Rainbow Bridge show ring.

Silly Mommy, you are in my thoughts right now. I'm so sorry to hear about this - It's been a rough year for so many, and it's awful to hear that you have been included. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

So very sorry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

"Why is it that a woman will ignore homicidal tendencies in a horse, but will be furious at a man for leaving a toilet seat up?"
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

Nothing too revealing, but her bloodwork came back. It showed low WBC count, high potassium, low chloride. Basically signs of an agressive "bug" (what my vet called it), a major infection, and diahhrea - Duh... He said "hopefully" the necropsy will be completed by the end of the week. That's all - kind of depressing to find out what I already knew. I need some closure.

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

I'm just "average"

Sorry you haven't gotten any information to help you understand what happened. Hopefully the necropsy will show something.

I have a rather long story about when I lost my horse, Red, which I won't share at this time, but suffice to say, it was an unexpected death and I often wish I'd let them do the necropsy. I was too upset at the time to allow them to touch my boy, but now I wish I knew what happened.

I give you credit for your strength and am still sending hugs. I was especially upset about Amanda as my 2 youngsters each had an upper respiratory infection this summer and I can really relate. Please e-mail if you'd like (I can't read it until tonight though): pnthorse@optonline.net.
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

and I forgot a major point I wanted to make.

Thank you all for the support both here, and private emails!

After losing Mandarin (11/23/00), I truly hoped I wouldn't have to go through this for quite some time. My coping mechanisms are a bit odd, and it take me quite a while to deal with these things. Please bear with my irratic behavior... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

I'm just "average"

Oh Sabra. Don't feel badly because you feel sad. Of course you do. Let yourself grieve, for Amanda and for Mandarin. They deserve it, and you deserve to allow yourself to cope in the way that is best for you.

<<<<<<<<<<< HUGS >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I just found this thread...can't believe it! I am so truly sorry, she was absolutely beautiful! My heartfelt condolences.

Portia, your lovely message got the tears flowing again... it is a lovely image to think of.
    Sabra - we all have to deal with this in our own way. You've had a huge loss, a huge shock, and it can be a long process to come to any kind of terms with it.
    Sometimes it just feels that there is nothing fair in the world. Take care, girl, and know that you have many friends who care about you.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Lady's Man Guest

Hugs to you Silly Mommy

Although I'm new to the board, I had wonderful support of my decision to release my mare from here pain - just yesterday in fact. Thank goodness for the support of friends who really care and understand the anquish of losing their babies. My thoughts are with you. I especially like the thought that our special friends are waiting for us on the Rainbow Bridge.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I wanted to post on your thread with great words of wisdom and support, but didn't have the strength to do it. You have my best, and although that is a bit weak at the moment, it's all I can muster - I know you understand.

Somewhere, (JB's board) I posted about my loss of Mandarin (Amanda's daddy) in reference to how I still have memories of him on a daily basis, and that sometimes I find myself walking around with a "melancholic grin" rather than tears.

He was old, and his time here was over. The uncertainty and lack of answers to the loss of such vibrant youth is keeping me in a tailspin.

Thank you all again for the support.

I'm just "average"

I wish you were here so I could give you a very big hug. We'd have a nice cup of tea and we could cry together for this very beautiful little filly.

Then we'd go to the stable and you could cry with Willem. He would lick away your tears and, in his very funny way, try and jolly you for a bit, shaking his lips and turning his head from side to side like the RCA dog. Yes, he really does this. He can feel it when his friends are hurting, and he always tries to jolly them out of it.

Well, we can't do this in person but we can jolly you in spirit. One of the very hardest things in life is when we have to think "It was not meant to be."

Amanda was a gift that you were to be blessed with for just a short time. But a blessing it was indeed, for you to have such a beautiful filly and for her to have such a wonderful human. Because you were her gift, too.
    EDDIE WOULD GO