The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Waterloo Recreation Area, Michigan

Does anyone live in this area? My husband and I are thinking about relocating there. We want to get back into competitive trail riding. What is the good and the bad?

Cincinnati, OH

I have a friend who lives in Ann Arbor (and trail rides - I think she's mentioned that park before). I can ask her for some feedback.
    Please copy and paste this to your signature if you know someone, or have been affected by someone who needs a smack upside the head. Lets raise awareness.

I live near Lansing, but have ridden here numerous times! It is quite nice, somewhat rugged, hilly, can be rocky in areas and the trails are marked well and maintained well! I highly recommend!

Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

SW MI

I live on the other side of the state but head over the for a few weekends each season. Rougher (hilly, rocky) than the western side of the state but I really like it - really nice primitive campground. If you are thinking of relocating to the area, Brighton is just around the corner as well (and there is a competitive trail ride held there each spring).

Check out for details on ALL the distance rides in Michigan. Most are on the other side/northern part of the state but would still be within easy distance of that area.

I can also put you in touch with the ride manager of the Brighton CTR as she and her husband live near there.