The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

The pinial body in the brains of gay men are very different than the same structure in a "straight" man. In fact, they are similar in size to that of women (straight women) You don't "choose" to be gay (or straight) you are born that way. If you were able to choose and society being what it is why would any gay person want to go through what ignorant people put them through..ridicule, social stigma etc...they could choose to be "straight" and avoid all that crap. Anyone who thinks that they can "choose" should take a day or a week and "choose" to be the opposite of what their orientation is "naturally"...good luck. You are what you are and god bless you. The choice is only in HOW you deal with your orientation. WHo cares what people do when they close their bedroom doors at night??? I don't need all that information. Just like you can't have a bad breed on a good horse, you can't have a bad sexual orientation on a good person.

Oh Jair..My HUSBAND owns a flower shop so stp the stereo typing!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

You know, some people got a lot of nerve. Sometimes I don't believe the things I see and hear.

Have you met the woman who's shocked by two women kissing and, in the same breath, tell you she is pregnant? But gays shouldn't be so blatant.

Ot this straight couple sits next to you in a movie and you can't hear the dialogue because of the sound effects. But gays shouldn't be so blatant.

And the woman in your office spends an entire lunch hour talking about her new bikin drawers and how much her husband likes them. But gays shouldn't be so blatant.

Or the "hip" chick in your class rattling like a mile a minute, while you're trying to get stoned in the john, about the camping trip she took with her musician boyfriend. But gays shouldn't be so blatant.

You go into a public bathroom and all over the walls there's John loves Mary, Janice digs Richard, Pepe loves Delores, etc, etc. But gaays shouldn't be so blatant.

Or you go to an amusement paark and there's a tunnel of love with pictures of straights painted on the front and grinning couples are coming in and out. But gays shouldn't be so blatant.

Fact is, blatant heterosexuals are all over the place. Supermarkets, movies, on your job, in church, in books, on television every day and night, every place - even in gay bars - and they want gay men and women to go and hide in the closet.

So to you straight folks I say,"Sure, I'll go if you go too. But, I'm polite, so after you."

-Pat Parker

I was looking for this poem a few days ago to share, but just found it. So there's a few seventies references, but food for thought for a few, I hope.
    The world I am creating for myself, and invite you to join in, is one in which it is no more blatant for me to mention my partner and our plans than it would be if she were male.
    Slowly, I believe it is happening.
    On a lighter note, you know the saying - better blatant than latent...

You should not have mentioned that name! Now I'm having unclean thoughts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Robby my mind is always in the gutter!

And my dad is WAY COOL! Thanks for the nice words. He thinks I'm pretty special. (Don't think I don't take advantage of that!)
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I am always traveling now! I love it! But home is CT

This post definitely caught my eye...and how interesting it was to see all the different views of so many different people...its really encouraging that so many people are becoming open-minded....

Its such a closed-minded society we live in...always judging, discriminating...its such a fit to avoid being the "mold", forced into what society wants you to be...and then you are so shunned when you are not.

I think the most important thing is just being comfortable with who you are. I have found my comfort level with who I am, not just as a person, but within my sexuality as well. I have walked both sides of the fence, and yes it is something I encourage others to do. I feel everyone should be true to themselves...let your urges guide you and realize there is NOTHING wrong with it. I find people attractive. Is that bad? I consider myself lucky...the world is a very beautiful, enjoyable place!

I don't label myself. I just consider myself open minded....affectionate to those I love...and I follow what I feel. I'm TRUE to myself. And that is how society should be.

As for "pushing" gayness onto people....people don't do things they don't want to. I think as being sexuality attracted to the same sex becomes more and more accepted, people aren't fighting it so hard. Its been in history for CENTURIES to have intimate relationships with someone of the same sex. Why do we play it as bad thing? The church is going to condem you for loving? How can acts out of love and passion be wrong?

I'm just a young girl growing up in a society where too many people don't take the time to stop and understand and love...the world could be such a beautiful place if we'd stop passing judgement and feel with our hearts instead of rules....
    I got a webshots album! Yay! Go see : http://community.webshots.com/user/piggiejump

That's all. OMG.

Wow, what a wonderful topic Jair - I just found it! I hope it saves some young kids years of heartache over their sexuality.
    My husband's brother is gay and he even kept it from his twin until he was 20. He could not bear to tell his parents until he was 24. It took the parents years to accept it because they were always taught that it was sinful. Now, through education they understand sexual preference.
    Homosexuality exists in every animal kingdom yet only in ours (suppose to be the highest) is there such discrimination. Sad isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jl:

John never had a problem accepting who he was but he always felt it necessary to protect his very very devout Catholic parents from his life style. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I remember correctly, the Catholic church is accepting to gay people adn treats them normally. The one difference is that they will not allow them to be married in the church because it goes against the beliefs of the church. But anyway, AWESOME post Jair. It's good to see that people aren't ashamed to be themselves. Right on! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobO:

And Hayden, do not get brain soaked by these bleeding heart .... Your only gay if YOU say you are.

Good bye for now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BobO-- I think I remember you from ages ago on the old Equisearch boards. No one's trying to brainwash Hayden into being gey-- certainly, that's the more difficult lifestyle choice in today's society. We're just trying to let him know that gay is just as viable an option as straight, and he should be happy with whatever he feels, and whoever he loves.

Obviously, he feels such pressure to conform to our society's ideals of what a man is, what/who a man does that he has become very distressed. We are trying to help him realize that being gay is just another path life has for some of us, no better or worse than anyone's elses.

You chastise us for being P.C... BobO, there's a difference between being PC and simply being compassionate for someone who is struggling. We want Hayden to know that HE'S OKAY- regardless of who he loves. Obviously, society at large has provided him with so much information to the contrary that his health and well-being are in question. No one's asking you to be a gay rights activist, but being humane and compassionate would be a start.

LML

*MidWest/Chicago Clique*
    *Cripple Clique*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClipClop:
    I think society has tried to push homosexuality these last few years. I really do think it is our choice though. I think most people on this board know this now, but I'm a strong Christian. No, Im not going to flame anyone here, because wouldn't that just be hipocrosy? However, everyday, we all have choices to make, we all have the choice to rob that bank, but do we? No, because most people know that would be morally and lawfully wrong. No, Im not trying to convert anyone, and Jair I love you for who you are, and I would never ever say that you are a bad person for your descions. They are yours alone to make, and Hayden, I hope you make the correct one for you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ClipClop,

I think your assertion is incorrect, at least for me personally. Absolutely, we all have choices to make. Who you love is not one of them- we are born with that predisposition. Do you choose to engage in personal relationships wit hthe opposite sex? Yes-- but that choice is a direct result of deeper, innate desire to do so. Why would this be any different for a person who is attracted to individuals of the same sex?

Yes, we can choose to ignore what our hearts and minds tell us is right, out of fear of societal opinion or out of some ingrained respect for an omnicient god who would disapprove. As others have said, one can choose to be his or herself, or not. The latter is a hollow, lonely life indeed.

LML

*MidWest/Chicago Clique*
    *Cripple Clique*

...I do have something to say that I don't think has been said yet.

I will admit to being somewhat of a homophobic. I am a religious person, and I believe that homosexuality is Biblically wrong. THAT SAID...
    Should I really concern myself with what OTHER people do in their PRIVATE lives? Since when is other people's sexuality any of my business? Is it MY job to condemn someone based on their private life? Is it up to me to make a big deal out of someone ELSE's sexual preferences? And is this whole thread really appropriate?

The point is, I really don't care, and personally I am absolutely sick and tired of the whole gay vs. straight and straight vs. gay arguements. To me, it is a moot point. People are going to make their own choices. As long as those choices don't affect ME, why should I care? ESPECIALLY if those choices are of a private, personal nature. Do we care, or even ask, what brand of condoms/tampons/contraceptives/renal suppositories people use? NO! So why should I care about the relationships of people I don't even know? Why should I care what OTHER people are doing in their bedrooms? Why, when I see two women holding hands, should I assume they are gay and not just sisters, or best friends? Why should I EVER be afraid if people think *I'm* gay?

Why? Because SOCIETY tells me I should. Society thinks intimate relationships should be everyone's business. Society thinks we should make a big deal out of "deviant" behavior, and that we should judge people based on their preferences. Personally, I could care less what society says I should think and do and believe. I have chosen my own way of life, and my own set of values and beliefs. And that includes abstinence from the whole "gay issue."

If anyone asks what I think, I will simply say, "I am straight, I feel that homosexuality is wrong, but what other people do is really none of my business. And I am deeply offended by people who think it should be." That's it, in a nutshell.

Digging out the flame-retardant suit... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Sara [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything."
    ~Member of the "I Know the Secret of the Universe" Clique. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

It's 2002 and I can't believe this is still an issue, Why? I have been around the Hunter /jumper world since I was a small child in the 60's and I know there were plenty of Gay men and women back then, but who cared, maybe because I was a child I only noticed the kind of rider a person was. What difference does it make, a persons sexuality doesn't make them a better rider or give them a set of hands. It has nothing to do with the kind of teacher or trainer you are. My gosh when in the world are we all gonna get over ourselves, we are all just people how can one person judge another or even have the right to over something such as trival as this. How is the human race going to survive if after all this time we still concern ourselves with such petty discrimination and hate. Sometimes I think God created the animals with more brains then he gave humans, our horses only judge us by the softness of our hands and the kindness of our voices, ( and LOL the amount of treats we give them).