The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Used Ariat no zip tall boots

Hi all!

I have a pair of older non-zip Ariat tall boots that I'm looking to sell but have no idea what to price them at. I'm looking to sell them to a barnmate so don't have the expertise of a consignment agent to help out.

The problem is I'm not exactly sure what model/style they technically are. The leather is super soft, much softer than my newer pair of crowne pros. I believe they were bought around 2000.

The numbers in the boot are:
    style: 55701
    P.O H2 01540 SG

I'm basically looking for a resource to help me price them for sale and/or determine what style of Ariat they are.

Sounds like the Crownes. Are they made in Italy? Here's a photo of the Crownes http://www.whipnspur.com/images/55701f.jpg I would kill to have another pair, nicest Ariat boots I've ever had (and I have Monacos now).

Yes they are the made in Italy ones. I love them but the calf is just way too big for me now.

I think they're Crownes, too - really nice boots, were Ariat's top of the line for a while - I think the Crowne Pro is the newer version with the cobalt footbed.

Thanks everybody! I vaguely thought they were crownes but the leather is so different from the crowne pros I wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.

Yes, they were replaced with the Crowne Pros when Ariat started putting zippers in, but the Pros are nowhere near as nice. The leather on the Crownes was really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by kmwines01 View Post
    Hi all!

I have a pair of older non-zip Ariat tall boots that I'm looking to sell but have no idea what to price them at. I'm looking to sell them to a barnmate so don't have the expertise of a consignment agent to help out.

The problem is I'm not exactly sure what model/style they technically are. The leather is super soft, much softer than my newer pair of crowne pros. I believe they were bought around 2000.

The numbers in the boot are:
    style: 55701
    P.O H2 01540 SG

I'm basically looking for a resource to help me price them for sale and/or determine what style of Ariat they are.
    I just bought a pair of these, new in the box, off of CL and I paid $200. The old Italian-made Ariats (both the Crownes and the original Champions) are really beautiful, durable boots.
    Why do I like most horses better than most people?

I lucked into a pair of these made in Italy Ariats and truly there is nothing made today that compares! The only drawback to selling them IMO would be those people who just HAVE to have boots that zip. But I'm old school and don't mind using my boot pulls to get my boots on!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Bumping this up from nearly two years ago, but I googled the same question and found this thread. Just wondering if the OP sold her boots and how she priced them?
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Hi! I did not end up selling these boots. They're actually still sitting in my garage.

Go on eBay and look at completed auctions. The ones in red didn't sell, the ones in green did. That should give you a sense of the price ranges.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks vxf. I did look on ebay and only found a couple of completed listings that weren't the Crowne Pro. And since boots of similar quality are currently retailing at $700+, I'd somehow rather leave them sitting in my closet (even if my feet are never going to shrink) than let them go for $75!
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Then they're worth more to you than someone would probably pay-- which is an excellent reason to hold onto them if you think you'll use them in the future. If you don't think they'll ever fit and you don't want to sell them-- maybe donate them to a worthy cause?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Mine sold on eBay recently for $50. I was never going to wear them again. I'm definitely loving zippered boots. Hopefully the new owner will love them.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

i have a pair still in the box, never worn. i would love to sell
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"