The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Timedjumpoff You are VERY SCARY [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I'm not going to say anyone's wrong because other people were kind enough not to do that to me, but all I'm going to say is BE SELFISH! if you can't muster up mercy for other people, think about yourself. In vietnam, american atrocities were so atrocious mainly because of racism: the vietnamese not only looked different, but also looked "the same." I worry about the same thing happening in this case. If you were of middle eastern descent, how would you feel? (and please don't say "I'd understand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )). Also, let us not forget that nuclear weapons will not hurt an isolated area. they will hurt all of us, and they will hurt all of our children, and their children.

------
    the price of three AP exams? $243
    binders and office supplies for study guides? $53
    three horse shows through may? $ a lot
    NoDoz pills to manage it all? $4.99
    the sound of "pencils down" come last final exam? priceless.
    Um, I don\'t spell check. Deal with it.

also, hobson, I wasn't clear: I don't feel bad for the terrorists. I feel bad for the non-terrorists that suffer because of them, ie the civilians who were born into the wrong government, geographical location, time period, etc.

------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timedjumpoff:
    I think you reflect the opinions of the majority in this country. Problem is, thanks to all the "liberal" political correctness that dominates
    the media/politicians, etc., we can't do what we really should be doing;
    1) DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS IMMEDIATELY
    2) Detain or deport ALL MIDDLE EASTERN IMMIGRANTS who are not citizens, even if they have green cards, until their status and connections can be confirmed.
    3) Stop asking Israel to refrain from doing what we would do in the same situation.
    4) Allow the Israelis to get bin Laden.
    5) For any further terrorist attack on this country, threaten to totally nuke the country/countries from which the terrorists are from..and actually do it.
    6) The US refuses to negotiate with terrorists, why should Israel?
    7) The majority of Palestinians are from Jordan, who didn't want them there and expelled them into what are now the "occupied territories. Why doesn't Jordan, and all the other Arab countries want the Palestinians
    either?
    8) Remind the critics that every Israeli occupied territory is the result of 6 or 7 wars
    started by the Arabs and won by the Israelis.
    9) Stop relying on Mid-East oil---we have more than enough resources of our own.
    10) Yes, war does lead to peace as we've proven time and again. The world hates us anyway, they might just as well fear us.
    11) Reagan knew that a strong military was the the best deterrent to war. Clinton thought differently and disbanded with it............the results of which we now must endure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What drugs are you on???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MB Stark:
    Timedjumpoff You are VERY SCARY [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take it from me-you have no idea!

"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on"-
    Stevie Nicks
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

I remember posting similiar thinking akin to BOR after the attacks. Unfortunately, I don't have the courage to post them again after all the flaming I got. Maybe time has changed some people's minds.
    I think it might also have something to do with our age groups... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

aww hell I got flamed to death on my very own thread right after the attacks. I heard Micheal Kennedy speak yesterday (oh my he's AMAZING) and he said that the most important thing in life is DISSENT. Write flame-worthy things. Yes, you get a handfull of people who blindly respond, but it's worth it if it makes one other person able to see things from one other side. Timedjumpoff's post just did that for me.

------

She is an inspiration. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

"If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart....If you're liberal when you're old you have no brain." Winston Churchill.

May I suggest that the uninformed on this thread do some background reading such as the writings of Thomas Paine. We all desire peace, no suffering,
    no death and no disease. However that state will not be achieved on the earth because of those who have chosen the dark side, those whose souls are eaten up by envy and hatred.

I have struggled for years to understand such people through dialog and loving-kindness only to have my efforts met with mean-spirited anger.
    I finally came to the realization that there can be no "understanding" of evil, it is it's own law unto itself.
    Come alive in 2005!

Why do we need to turn this into politics???? I had a hard enough time dealing with the whole tragedy to begin with, living it everyday as my husband told horror stories about being down there..I am just thankful he is alive. That day, I didn't get a chance to talk to him until late that day. I didn't even know if he was alive or not......

sorry, just hits a little too far home for me to talk about politics...i'll stop now!

How has this changed me??? Well, my husband gets more hugs and kisses when he come home from work!!! And I MAY even cook him dinner once in a while!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

**BARB***

House hunting on Long Island....we're looking at cardboard boxes..since that's all we can afford in a nice area....
    **BARB***

I agree Gwen when politics come into it it gets nasty not what you want to read on a horse forum

Was in NYC last weekend and it has changed very noticably. I found myself crying unexpectedly when I walked by the Firemen's Union offices and the Firehouse next to my daughter's apt.

Her experience on 9/11 made her re-evaluate her life, she leaves this Tuesday to return to grad school.

I am impressed by the strength and love possessed by the average American citizen....and heartened by the friendship and solidarity demonstrated by our European and Israeli allies and all those who live in democracies.
    Come alive in 2005!

Ok, I'll agree with 9, 10 and 11 posted by TJO, and I would like to on some level agree with 1, but the bottom line is without illegal aliens this country will fall apart. I have my flame suit on, so go ahead and reply. Many Americans do not realize how much illegal aliens actually contribute to this country, and yes, most of them pay taxes too.
    As far as how 9/11 has changed me, it actually made me appreciate and understand Americans more and made me prouder of being a US Citizen. This country is so divided on so many senses yet when it really counts everybody unites. You don't see that in many other countries. I was truly amazed, though, that so many Americans were shocked. Why did so many think this would never happen? I was surprised that it took so long, I had seen this coming for about 15 years now. I wasn't too sure on the WTC being the target, I thought the Statue of Liberty and the White House were going to be the targets.
    Unfortunately I think the war on terrorism is necessary, the bottom line is many countries have contributed large amounts of money to Bin Laden and the only way to help prevent future attacks is by financially hurting those countries. Besides, the United States absolutely had to respond to this or if not we would have become the laughingstock of the world and left ourselves wide open for more attacks. It would have been like sending an engraved invitation that said "Rape us, we won't do anything about it". This is the most powerful country in the world, we must also be feared and respected and the world must know our military is not to be messed with. I am grateful we did not have Gore in office. He would have tried to put the terrorists in a lockbox along with social security funds.
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I

As a canadian with a very close friend whose aunt worked at the pentagon (I don't believe she'd back in her office yet), I don't know that 9/11 affected me personally, but it did through my friend. I followed everything closely.

I was glad that Bush declared his war on terrorism. I hope that it's done with minimal bloodshed of innocent. I hope that middle-eastern cultures aren't rejected in the US, but that those people are simply screened more carefully.

If anything, I'm more aware that this stuff can and will happen in North America - and Europe is not so far away after all. I wasn't surprised, per say, that it happened, but I make a point of being better informed now, and of remembering God's purpose for us all.

BC

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    Lindsay & Chance
    "The problem is not that I am insane,
    it's the everyone else is sane."
    ^^^^Proud member of the DCSC!^^^^
    &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    "Show me the back of a thoroughbred horse, and I will show you my wings."
    &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timedjumpoff:
    I think you reflect the opinions of the majority in this country. Problem is, thanks to all the "liberal" political correctness that dominates
    2) Detain or deport ALL MIDDLE EASTERN IMMIGRANTS who are not citizens, even if they have green cards, until their status and connections can be confirmed.
    3) Stop asking Israel to refrain from doing what we would do in the same situation.
    5) For any further terrorist attack on this country, threaten to totally nuke the country/countries from which the terrorists are from..and actually do it.
    7) The majority of Palestinians are from Jordan, who didn't want them there and expelled them into what are now the "occupied territories. Why doesn't Jordan, and all the other Arab countries want the Palestinians
    either?
    8) Remind the critics that every Israeli occupied territory is the result of 6 or 7 wars
    9) Stop relying on Mid-East oil---we have more than enough resources of our own.
    10) Yes, war does lead to peace as we've proven time and again. The world hates us anyway, they might just as well fear us.
    11) Reagan knew that a strong military was the the best deterrent to war. Clinton thought differently and disbanded with it............the results of which we now must endure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ohmigod [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Hitlar? Genocide? American Empire? Anyone else getting this mental image from this post? I sure am.

Crazy..

-----
    http://www.catchride.com
    http://forums.catchride.com
    -----

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Desdemona*:

What drugs are you on???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..Not the right ones?

-----
    -----

But I bet you can guess what I'm thinking!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
    RumoursFollow
    Ten Oaks Farm
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RumoursFollow:
    But I bet you can guess what I'm thinking!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

_RumoursFollow_
    http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html
    -----------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would guess, but you already told me via AOLIM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-----
    -----

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think you reflect the opinions of the majority in this country. Problem is, thanks to all the "liberal" political correctness that dominates
    either?
    11) Reagan knew that a strong military was the the best deterrent to war. Clinton thought differently and disbanded with it............the results of which we now must endure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I hear stuff like that Im quite happy to live in a middle power country with no views on world domination. God that must be tiring...

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers -Joseph Blosephina

http://www.dhtmlnirvana.com
    \"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy\".
    -Ernest Benn
    PWBTB@WC (People who browse the BB at Work Clique)
    [url]h

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WestarGirl:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think you reflect the opinions of the majority in this country. Problem is, thanks to all the "liberal" political correctness that dominates
    either?
    11) Reagan knew that a strong military was the the best deterrent to war. Clinton thought differently and disbanded with it............the results of which we now must endure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I hear stuff like that Im quite happy to live in a middle power country with no views on world domination. God that must be tiring...

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers -Joseph Blosephina

http://www.dhtmlnirvana.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here... suddenly I'm very glad to live in Canada.

Aleesha