The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Schoolmarm's Porch, to be precise. Imported here piece by piece from the old E-search boards. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The old-timers -- meaning old in age -- sit on the Porch drinking out of the still which Hunt Jump SC maintains, knitting ear covers out of baling twine and fixing anything that breaks with duct tape. Schoolie is still duct-taped and baling-twined into a rocker on the sunny corner, though she doesn't wake up often enough to visit much. Boss Hoss and Mrs. Mouse are Original Porch Sitters. We keep Boss Hoss plied with pink pills lest she start seeing ghosts again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The younger types, just emerged from the juniors, get to stake out a place on the Porch steps. Becca, Kellybird, Jo, and Nickelodeon are Original Stair Sitters, but they've all aged to the point that they've have made it all the way to the top step. They occasionally get to sneak a sip from the still.

The kids have to make do with the lawn, where they tend the ponies and sheep that run free there.

The Chippendales come to visit to entertain for special holidays, courtesy of HSM. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I'm designed for sitting. That's why my butt is covered in soft fur." Dogbert
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

The porch was created on the old-old equisearch boards (95? 97?)...as a place to drink and have a good old time....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well he needs a surgery....the true defining moment that he is really meant to be MY horse!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

I can't believe a certain someone actually thought "baby quiche" was a code word for that person. Well, I can believe it, but still, that's hysterical. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
    ah, hobson... but is the loooong release superior to the short or auto release when numping, and will Mr. Hobson comment on that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As everyone knows, DMK, it depends on the kind of numping you're doing; but sometimes you've just gotta drop those stirrups and do "airplane" with your arms.

From time to time, I enjoy visiting with the hobsons. I need not let my thoughts wander about their numping -- in stocking feet or not. Likewise, they need not picture me numping. And on and on it goes. I suppose the fact is that everybody numps, behind closed doors. Maybe I just can't handle the poor Peep socks, so innocently given, becoming corrupted! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I'm eating lunch here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

are fish tacos like sushi donuts? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Home of the RPSI stallion, Remarkable.

Starting to walk again....
    *MidWest Clique*
    *Crippled Clique*

Do the cats watch you when you're numping? Do they nump too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(removing any BBers from the equation)

one can nump in public in Prague and not get arrested. I saw it on HBO.

From the dressage contingent -- Frying pan and tiara.
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique

Kind of hard to put one on the front of the approved helmet, but I manage.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Portia I'm quite surprise (and hurt) that you missed me as one of the Porchers. I sat on the stairs with the other but now in my legal age-ness I've graduated to the porch taking residence in a hammock (too young for a rocking chair yet) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

in case one of the Pumpkins is reading this

attends Horse Shows attired in a feather boa, and tiara ... and then ETBW brings her that special brand of libation ...
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

Tin Tin Tin, I beg your forgiveness!

Is it a good excuse that I've been sick this week and my brain is befuddled with too much over the counter cold medication? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yes, Tin is very much one of the Originals from the Porch. And unlike BossHoss and Mrs. Mouse, she's even kept the same name (mostly). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yawl are so numped up, don't make me bring out Aunt Esther's purse.

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops

Portia of course I forgive you my dear, how could I hold a grudge against a fellow Porchie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hope you feel better soon, I seem to be surrounded by sick people perhaps I should go gargle out of the still [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yep, BossHoss and the imfamous name changes.... *sigh* that girl worries me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hobson:

_ As everyone knows,_ DMK, it depends on the kind of numping you're doing; but sometimes you've just gotta drop those stirrups and do "airplane" with your arms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, fair enough...

But after some consultation with Hattie, we need more clarification on this whole numping thing.

1. Is deeper better? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

2. Do judges prefer a faster or more stately pace? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

3. Is rhythm still king? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Like you would understand anything about numping DMK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Yeesh, oh long lost one - I thought my post made it perfectly clear I was trying to edjamucate myself!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Did this "numping" thing start with someone complaining about their SO not taking his socks off???? Because there is NOTHING more annoying!!!! Please, at least take the time to get undressed!

Aqha Clique
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?