The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Registry lookup help

Hi there. Long story behind the reason that I am asking and not sure if its the time or place to post it(will be someday im sure!) but I was wondering if someone could help me look up some information on a quarter horse. Registered name is (supposedly) Snidely Whiplash. Was a barrel racer and pole bender. Should be in his teens. Chestnut, no white on face, maybe some small socks on legs if I remember correctly... its been a while...

An old co-worker at a ranch I used to work at is getting this horse (and changing his silly barn name!) and after some other details have come up about another horse "owned" by the same person we want to find out all we can about this horse as the owner...well...like I said long story! Lets just say nobodys really on speaking terms with her!!!

Sooo if anyone can help that would be awesome! I'm not too keen on AQHA or any of this whole registry thing so any and all help is appreciated!

ETA: Other horse is registered as Raindrops in the Mist. She supposedly has won 7k at the tracks. QH races I think. Any info on her would be great. She is younger, chestnut, wide blaze on face, white on legs. Owner information would be great if that is at all possible...
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

The AQHA gelding "Snidely Whiplash" was foaled in 1970, so probably not the same horse/same spelling.

"Snidley Whiplash" is a black 1969 gelding, so not him either.

Not having much luck as I can't think of any other spellings. If that was his name, there may be a prefix of some sort in front of it.

There is no AQHA horse with the name "Raindrops in the Mist", the name is one character too long. No Raindropsinthemist either, though there is a Raindropskeepfalling, sorrel 1994 mare.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Hmm any common prefixes? I can def say this horse is not in his 40s!! Is there any kind of barrel racing registry? Or some way to search show (rodeo? it seems weird to all barrel racing events shows to me!) records for anything like this name? It was the name we were always told. Snidely Whip Lash?

and 17 is too old for this gal...i'd say more around 4? the only paperwork that they have is her temp visa. i'll have to ask her to double check it... But this stuff could all easily be falsely stated by this owner. :/ sadly enough. I do remember Rain and Mist in the name. Her barn name was Rain and I remember joking with the "owner" (who hated her registered name) about how she coulda called her Mist or Misty instead :P

ETA: 4 year old APHA mare (maybe 5 ow at the year turnover?) Googled the "owners" email address and found a post about her lameness issues... <,<

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    Hmm any common prefixes? I can def say this horse is not in his 40s!! Is there any kind of barrel racing registry? Or some way to search show (rodeo? it seems weird to all barrel racing events shows to me!) records for anything like this name? It was the name we were always told. Snidely Whip Lash? <,<
    Prefixes usually involve the farm name, so your guess is as good as mine. For instance, ours is GX (Great Expectations), a good friend's is CLF (County Line Farm)...etc. If the horse was used at a lot of rodeos/barrel races, you might try the forum at Barrel Horse World, http://forums.barrelhorseworld.com/f...view.asp?fid=1 Someone there might recognize him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    and 17 is too old for this gal...i'd say more around 4? the only paperwork that they have is her temp visa. i'll have to ask her to double check it... But this stuff could all easily be falsely stated by this owner. :/ sadly enough. I do remember Rain and Mist in the name. Her barn name was Rain and I remember joking with the "owner" (who hated her registered name) about how she coulda called her Mist or Misty instead :P

ETA: 4 year old APHA mare (maybe 5 ow at the year turnover?) Googled the "owners" email address and found a post about her lameness issues... <,<
    Sorry to hear about the lameness issues. But good that you googled the email address and saw that post, gives you a "heads up" anyway!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

We knew about the lameness issues. Vet has said it was due to early breaking and heavy work at a young age.... Messed up her hocks pretty bad....But I will def check out the barrel racing forum and see if I can get some help there.