The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default This Will Outrage You

This sorry piece of sh*t needs to be hauled behind their truck! I'll do the driving. Photo and story at the link.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Well, that's disgusitng. And it looks like his kid is leaning against the truck.

Christian family values??

Jesus, people get sicker every day.

Link doesn't work for me.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

It works. It is a public FB link.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Just takes me to my own facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by dotneko View Post
    Just takes me to my own facebook page
    Does the same for me.

No problem with those who have made comments. I just checked it. It works. You may need to check your FB settings.

Works for me. Makes me very, very sad and angry. Hope the poor horse is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Matson View Post
    No problem with those who have made comments. I just checked it. It works. You may need to check your FB settings.
    What settings would I be needing to change? Although I am thinking it may be just as well I can't see it.

Thanks for posting Mike. Animal abusers need the full coverage and the light of day.

CT News Channel WFSB3 will be airing this story on their 11:00 pm news tonight. For more info, see their Facebook page where there is another photo of the horse (taken before it fell):
    https://www.facebook.com/WFSB3
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Thank you for that link Liberty. It should make it easier for those who are having problems accessing the original.

how can we press charges against this guy?

Under the comments on FB it says that the abuser is Culver Modisette.
    The animal control officer for that area is Gary Wilson @ 860-684-2382 or email, animalcontrol@staffordct.org

If this is wrong someone please correct me but this is what I've gathered. You can be sure I'm calling. Hope every single one of you reading this calls also.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Paul mentioned that the CT state police were already on scene. I would surely pray that charges were filed right then and there! -- otherwise, that needs to be addressed as well.

Paul also appears to be well connected through many rescue organizations.

*this* type of abuse just has to stop. Fortunately, the horse is ok.

Thanks for the info Mike & Whitfield Farms !

ps: updates offer a different point of view. New channels tell a story of an elderly man retreiving a mare in heat from a neighbor who has studs. However, Im sure there were different options regardless of the circumstances. Bad judgement here.
    Last edited by brightskyfarm; Apr. 23, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post
    Link doesn't work for me.
    It isn't a picture you really want to see. I wish I could unsee it.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

What happened?

I do know of a case where an owner and his neighbors had to drag a male equid off a property with a tractor as his behavior was incredibly dangerous in his zeal for accessing ladies that were not his. Vets could not get near him while his attentions were so engaged. Fences, gates etc were no match for his ardor.

Once they got him clear of the females and used the tractor to restrain him they tranqed him, laid him out and gelded him!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

Utterly disgusting. I hope this vile person winds up barred from ever owning animals again.

So, this horse-dragging, cruel POS is apparently an author(!) Gee, I wonder if his booksigning will still be on for this Thursday at the public library?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/359082440795468/

For the non-Facebookers:
    http://www.willingtonpubliclibrary.org/Events.html

Meet Connecticut author, Culver Modisette, of “Honored Enemy”
    Thursday, April 26 at 6:30 PM

About the book: HONORED ENEMY

This historical novel adheres to the history of the Great Southwest in the 1800’s, a past shared by the Comanche, Kiowa, and Cheyenne tribes, as well as their adversaries, the United States Calvary. Colonel Ranald Mackenzie’s Fourth Calvary was pitted against Comanche war Chief, Quanah Parker, and his Indian allies in a struggle for dominance in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. Written after extensive research, the book sheds light on little-known events of the era, culminating in Parker’s friendship with President Theodore Roosevelt. Liberally illustrated by historic photographs, this book highlights the plight of the tribes, the loss of their mainstay food source, the buffalo, and the usurpation of their lands, while weaving a compelling story that will engage both history buff and novice alike and will give pause to all Americans, young and old.

About the author: CULVER MODISETTE

Culver Modisette enlisted in the Navy at age 17, hunting German U-boats until the war’s end, and then spent four glorious years at Dartmouth College. He worked for two decades as an advertising/PR executive until opening an outdoor sports business devoted to ecology sports, such as hiking and canoeing. While working at his outdoor sports business, Modisette took various trips throughout Canada and the United States, and over the years, came to admire and sympathize with the Athabaskan Indian people living in the Arctic Circle area of rural Alaska. His experiences have deepened his admiration of all native people. Modisette’s historical novel, Honored Enemy, explores his interest in American Indian culture.

The author eventually retired to be a tree farmer and Labrador breeder on 150 acres in Connecticut. He is the current president of the Northern Connecticut Land Trust and coaches the time-honored Indian game of lacrosse.

Books will be on hand for sale and signing.
    This program is free and all are welcome. For more information on this and upcoming library events, please visit our website: www.willingtonpubliclibrary.org, come in and visit our Circulation Desk or call 860-429-3854.
    Equus Keepus Brokus