The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default L'Apogee

Found two nice used L'Apogee saddles in my budget that I'm considering a trial on. Don't know much about the brand. Can someone tell me about the brand?

What about the flaps? One has a 2A the other is a 2AB.

Thanks

No clue on the flaps. One of my friends owned one (and I had never heard of them before she introduced me) and I was lucky enough to ride in hers. It was super comfy and seemed like very nice craftsmanship. They also seem like they retain their value well.

I love mine!! So comfy! I'm not sure about the flaps, though. They are very comfortable and make you feel very secure in the tack. However, the saddle soap that they sell doesn't seem to work very well, and makes the saddle greasy. I just just glycerine soap and hydrophane oil instead.

Here is the website for the makers of the saddle: http://www.lapogeesaddles.com/index.html
    I'm sure they can tell you about the different flap lenghths.

Great saddles. Super comfy and very well made. You can't go wrong with them if you find one that fits correctly.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
    inside of a man.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I'm in love with mine! Super comfy, wears well. I had one custom made to fit my Hannah of the Huge Withers and my long legs (finding one that would fit both of use just was not going to happen) and it's fit every horse and pony that I've put it on. It fits my 17+ hand mare, and my 16-on-a-good-day mare who was so round when we first got her, all the kids thought she was pregnant. It has fit every horse or pony that I've put it on-some better than others, but it fits. My trainer uses hers on the mediums and the 17+ hand horses she rides, so it's not just the fit of my particular saddle.

I definitely recommend trying them out, L'Apogees are super nice saddles.
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping