The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

Default epshop.us for mattes pads?

Anyone have recent experience with this online store?

I really like the look of the eurofit mattes pad and it seems like most shops, brick and mortar or online require 4-10 weeks to order them, even in a basic color like white or black. And they are $270. Equine source has black or white for $211 and that's the only in-stock I've found.
    There is an online store www.epshop.us for a german company where the pads can be ordered and they are $147. I tried to order one, but I was never sent to a page to add payment info. So the ordere submitted without payment

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stacie; Apr. 24, 2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: fixed link
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

I couldn't get your link to work. I have ordered directly from Mattes before, and it can be good deal (or not) depending on the currency exchange rates.

http://www.numnah.com/

Also, I'm pretty sure Smartpak stocks them in black and white. But they are $270

http://www.SmartPakEquine.com/mattes...x?cm_vc=Search

They sent me a link to pay. It this works out it's pretty cool because you can custom order the colors the pad, sheepskin and binding.

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

Default Its on its way

I just got the email that our custom eurofit is on its way. Granted, we just ordered green everything so it's not TOO custom, but I'll let you guys know if it's as nice as the black pad we already we have (for $270 )

Just make sure the fleece is the platinum fleece, they have a cheaper fleece pad that is not real sheepskin that is on the pricier mattes pads. I believe its the gold line.

I ordered once and was really disappointed.

The pad arrived last thursday (may 24) by registered mail. We picked it up today. So 4 weeks. It is gorgeous. Green pad with dark almost black green sheepskin. Real sheepskin.
    The bad news is I brain-farted and most likely ordered a size too big (XL instead of L). Not their fault. It's for my husband's saddle and I was thinking it's 19 inches when it's actually smaller.
    So, if it's too big, I may have a brand new pad for sale. But I will definitely order another in the right size

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    The pad arrived last thursday (may 24) by registered mail. We picked it up today. So 4 weeks. It is gorgeous. Green pad with dark almost black green sheepskin. Real sheepskin.
    The bad news is I brain-farted and most likely ordered a size too big (XL instead of L). Not their fault. It's for my husband's saddle and I was thinking it's 19 inches when it's actually smaller.
    So, if it's too big, I may have a brand new pad for sale. But I will definitely order another in the right size
    I was waiting for you to update this thread! I've been spending hours fooling around with the little pad generator!

-trots off to place order-

Thanks for being the guinea pig!

I ordered from them a few years ago and was THRILLED! I went with green and white myself
    “Four things greater than all things are, - Women and Horses and Power and War”

I paid for a pad on april 13 and am still waiting.Have sent 2 e-mails asking when it will arrive,so far no answer.........
    mm

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    Pics?

I ordered a half pad from them in early April and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. It has been wonderful! My horse loves it. I'm in the process of justifying the expense of ordering a show pad.

Quote Originally Posted by myrna View Post
    I paid for a pad on april 13 and am still waiting.Have sent 2 e-mails asking when it will arrive,so far no answer.........
    This... I paid almost exactly a week earlier than you did, then paid AGAIN, and sent three emails with no reply. No pad in sight. Cancelled the second charge from my credit card bill, but am leaving the first for now in hopes that one day this year it will show up. Proceed with caution, OP.

There is a long thread in horse grooming forums with lots of pics and info. The owner is a poster too. Tack section if course!!!

Still waiting...............
    mm

getting a little annoyed.....no pad yet...............
    mm

I've ordered pads from them on 3 different occasions and have had no issues. I suspect that ordering pads in the spring may take longer due to back up of orders. I understand that 2 months wait is not unusual so when I ordered I did not expect to see the pads for awhile. I think that last order which was late winter came in less than a month.