The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GO USA! RICH FELLERS AND FLEXIBLE WIN WORLD CUP FINALS

Flexible was a machine, just wow.

I also enjoyed George Morris' face and his little hop up and down after Rich's second round.

As well as Charlie Jayne who was always up on the landing watching and cheering just super. Giving high fives at the end.

Were really amazing courses today!

Go USA!! My husband was listening to it on Dutch radio. First time in 25 years it has been won by an American!

Awesome job RF and Flexible!!

Did they win the entire event? How wonderful, they deserve it.

I subscribed to the FEI tv and have never been able to connect and watch anything. Rather frustrating!
    Congratulations to RF and Flexible (love that name!)
    I was cheering for Eric and Corianna...

Love it - Us rider and an Irish Draught Sport Horse
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

I was watching from Norway on a Swedish Tv channel. Yes he won the whole thing, so happy for him! Flexible jumped amazingly and he was used in every single round!

There could not be a more deserving winner. And what a stupendous gift for George! Come safely home, you guys.

I watched it on FEI TV, he was awesome! He looked like he might cry on the podium, what an amazing win for him and the USA!
    "A good horse and a good rider are only so in mutual trust."
    -H.M.E.

For me it doesn't get any better than an American riding an Irish bred winning the World Cup!

From the American living in Ireland with her very small group of Irish born homebreds! LOL!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    I subscribed to the FEI tv and have never been able to connect and watch anything. Rather frustrating!
    Congratulations to RF and Flexible (love that name!)
    I was cheering for Eric and Corianna...
    Me too !! Paid money then could never connect -

sigh

CONGRATULATIONS Rich and Flexible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Super congrats!! Hopefully this is a good omen for an Olympic year and has cemented Rich and Flexible's place on the team. I just LOVE that little stallion, he has SO much heart.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

CONGRATS to Rich and Flexible! Good man. Good horse. And safe home.

And Rich is so nice with so much class. It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy!

His modesty and unswerving devotion to doing everything the right way, never cutting corners or looking for the ribbon at the expense of his horse (not implying that other trainers all do this,) is the standard to which all GP riders should try to emulate.

Rich is special. Living in Wilsonville, Oregon --- out of the mainstream of jumpers.

He has an incredible work eithic and love for his sport.

I am SO HAPPY he won!!!!!
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Awesome!!! So cool to be able to say "I've met a World Cup Winner--in the stabling at a show here in Oregon!!" I've gotten the pleasure of being on the same aisle as Rich (though I've always called him Mr. Fellers--I was totally starstruck). Though it was many years ago, he is indeed a humble and hardworking man, totally committed to his sport and horses.

Way to go, USA!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I'm just back home after watching the WC finals in the Netherlands and I still couldn't believe that this small (by the size) stallion that is the oldest competitors at this finals (16y/o) and Rich Fellers unusual way of riding this explosive horse are the winners of the FEI Rolex World Cup.

I think I remember somebody saying that there is a reason why Rich Fellers ride Flexible in this unusual position, maybe somebody can refresh my memory?

Anyway they deserve our admiration for this performance.
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two imposters just the same"
    Rudyard Kipling
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quartz...26013000796803

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by andy.smaga View Post
    I'm just back home after watching the WC finals in the Netherlands and I still couldn't believe that this small (by the size) stallion that is the oldest competitors at this finals (16y/o) and Rich Fellers unusual way of riding this explosive horse are the winners of the FEI Rolex World Cup.

I think I remember somebody saying that there is a reason why Rich Fellers ride Flexible in this unusual position, maybe somebody can refresh my memory?

Anyway they deserve our admiration for this performance.
    Hi Andy!

According to what I heard on the last interview on FEI Channel, he said that was the way George Morris taught, which is who he trained with. He mentioned his horses seem to be ok with it and he is too old to change now...

It has always been said that he has a very personal but effective style. It seems to fit Flexible perfectly, since he is a freakishly careful and agile. I don't know how that style would match up to a bigger, slower type horse, although I'm sure with Rich's talent he could ride a mule straight to stardom!

Viv

PS: Congrats on Quartz Rouge! Lovley and powerful! Is he yours or out of your breeding program?
    Last edited by faraway46; Apr. 22, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Over what hill? Where? When? I don\'t remember any hill....

www.freewebs.com/caballerizadelviso

I'm so excited they won! I've seen Rich ride in a number of grand prix here in Oregon, and even though his forward position looks unorthodox, he and whichever horse he's riding seem to work effortlessly as a team. I've always admired his amazing ability to flow forward and nail distances, while his hands stay soft and smooth. He truly knows how to make the most of a great horse.

Molly Sorge's article is well worth the read. Rich calls Flexible "my best friend".

I knew he (Flexible) was small, but I didn't know he just barely hits 16 hands! Quite an engine in those 16 hands.

Default RICH AND FLEXIBLE DESERVE A BYE!!!!!!

How can RIch and Flexible not be put on the team? What other country would further test this wonderful 16 yr old stallion and rider? Jumping those 2 flawless rounds and an amazing jump-off at the biggest 5* there is outside of the olympics is ample evidence that they deserve a spot on the team! They have proven that they're the best of the best!

Will start by saying that I am R and F's big fan. But we cannot forget that the venue for the Games is completely different from the indoor arena of the World Cup. I would love to see this pair go to London, but I do not think it is wrong for George to wish to see them in a venue more similar to the Olympic stadium and course type.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014