The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mystery Solved.

So, today, Luna got to hang out with me for a few hours. I decided that it was bath time and so she has been scrubbed thoroughly.

She was so dirty, she looked like she had chocolate foam. I was almost brown when I was done bathing her. She's clean, silky, soft and glossy now.

Now, here comes the "Your owner is a jerk" part. I've been working on our ground work. She came to me with zero manners and respect when she was being led. She's been doing really well with it until today. She kept squirming (warm weather, warm water) and just plain ol' pushy and wouldn't quit dancing. For hours she was this way. She had plenty of turn out before I got to the barn. She shouldn't have had so much piss and vinegar. (heheh...)

So, I figured, after hours of working her, demanding respect, and finally coming to the conclusion that I am. Just. Not. Getting. It. Today.

I put her in her stall. She went pee. And went. And went. And went.

All that time she wasn't dancing out of disrespect. It was the pee pee dance.

Poor girl. I feel like a real jerk now. She sure cleans up nice though...

Miss Luna, my Ninja and me.

Two of my favorite friends.

She's so sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzywriter View Post
    My saddle fits perfectly well. It might be a little tight around the waist, but I take care of that with those spandex things.

So totally misinterpreted the pee pee dance before! I bet anyone that has a horse that holds it has. Don't be hard on your self; you'll never miss her que again

Another good reason I should skip taking a retirement job at a TB racetrack: I am completely incapable of whistling!
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Whoa now...wait a minute...

You're online name is Jane HONDA and you have a Kawasaki Ninja???

My mare would hold it too and had some really creative pee pee dances. Your mare is lovely, such a sweet face.

BTW...I was *slightly* disappointed to not see an actual ninja in those photos. I expected to see a horse, an owner and a martial artist in all black in the first photo.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Hahaha!!! I used to have a CBR, so my name fit.

What is the connection to whistling and OTTB horses peeing? I've heard this before. Please inform me!
    My saddle fits perfectly well. It might be a little tight around the waist, but I take care of that with those spandex things.

TBs at the track are taught to pee when the groom whistles- so urine can be collected for drug tests.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Interesting!!! She will pee when she hears me arive at the barn. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    TBs at the track are taught to pee when the groom whistles- so urine can be collected for drug tests.
    I would like to see that being taught!
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net