The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best sheet for keeping horses clean at shows

I have cotton show sheet, coolers, knits, and turnout sheets but wanting something lightweight enough to be used during spring/fall and somewhat water resistant for horses who love to lay in their poo the night before dressage! Things that come to mind are nylon sheets, Kool coats? Suggestions? Thanks

I got one of those really light Kool Coat cotton ones at a clearance sale and like it pretty well for warm weather keeping-pinto-clean duty. It's not waterproof, but stains don't tend to make it through. Thankfully he mostly poops against the wall and I always try to pick the stall out last thing at night to prevent poop pillows from happening. You could always try spraying the outside with water/stain repellent, I guess.
    Click here before you buy.

Rambo dustbuster plus! It makes the coat super shiny in about a week. Not at all water repellent, but I've never had a urine stain under it (not to be said the same for the sheet it self ) but it has always washed white again somehow. I'm ordering my forth one on Monday (darn new horse is a different size again). They seem to reasonably have a life of 5-7 years worn year round (for the shine... It's addicting). I had one of the old zipper ones for 10 years, but the zipper blew. The sheet was still fine! I also had one torn in half by a notorious blanket shredder pasture mate, so like anything horse sheet, it's not made of Steel

RaDon. Not cheap, but tough as nails and last forever.