The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Disco Duck - little roan, ridden by a little girl in braids? real cute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone remember some of the nasty ponies from our era? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well my pony wasn't famous, but she was evil! We showed against many of the larges mentioned in this thread, but she was too little to be really competitive (13.3 vs. 15/15.1 just doesn't work out too well). That, and the fact that she pinned her ears and snapped her teeth at every other animal on the grounds. Trucked around without batting an eye at anything, ever, though. Was a star in the pony eqs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe I'm confused about Beau Breeze then. I'm pretty sure we had a pony named Beau Breeze in our barn, but I thought that he was a gelding. It was a long time ago <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Amanda Forte had a chestnut roan w/a lot of chrome, medium gelding, named Beau Breeze. I swear D.M. showed this pony. But no doubt he was a medium. Maybe it was just a popular name?

Horselesswonder, that is a beautiful photo of your pony jumping! Did you always get that much air? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spoiledsweet:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe I'm confused about Beau Breeze then. I'm pretty sure we had a pony named Beau Breeze in our barn, but I thought that he was a gelding. It was a long time ago <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Amanda Forte had a chestnut roan w/a lot of chrome, medium gelding, named Beau Breeze. I swear D.M. showed this pony. But no doubt he was a medium. Maybe it was just a popular name?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoiled Sweet, I think we may be talking about the same pony, but I'm not sure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(study Jen, study)
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

No it's the same one. We called her BB and she was a chestnut roan with lots of chrome. I'm sure after she left NC she went on to bigger and better things. She was a great jumper and nice mover. And definetly a medium.

I remember Buttons & Bows when she was Farnley Reflections & before that Llandefalle Reflections. When she became Buttons she was owned by Lauren Murphy, who rode with Mindy. I think in her green year(when she was a medium) the owner might have been Jen Emmit. One of the Conway girls rode Disco Duck(bay w/lots of white), and Laurie Occhipinti was The Hobbit's rider when he began showing in the US. Originally came from Canada, I believe. Laura Gorman used to show Sand Castle against me in the mediums in 1983, or close to it. Anybody have pics of any of these great ponies? Sure would bring back memories!!

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

MKM, I am sure that's the same Magical Cloud Patty bought at the Auction at Pony Finals. I gave Catherine Winter her first riding lesson. Ask her about it sometime! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jen, I remember that Beau Breeze, too. Not a mare, but I have no idea where Pat got it. There's a question you'd know the answer to on the junior hunter thread. alzheimer's is a terrible thing...

'If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?'
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

DISCO DUCK: Lori Denberg
    POLARIS STARSHIP: Pat Vogtle
    GLENMORE SALLY: (green year) Jessica Ehrlich
    MAPLESHADE CHRYSTAL CLEAR: Ashley Kennedy
    Come alive in 2005!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midge:
    MKM, I am sure that's the same Magical Cloud Patty bought at the Auction at Pony Finals. I gave Catherine Winter her first riding lesson. Ask her about it sometime! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jen, I remember that Beau Breeze, too. Not a mare, but I have no idea where Pat got it. There's a question you'd know the answer to on the junior hunter thread. alzheimer's is a terrible thing...

'If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the question on the junior thread...I didn't remember that until you said something. Man, that was funny!!!
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

... that Disco Duck was a bay with a blaze. But I am (happily) dusting off some serious cobwebs with this thread, so I could be very wrong.

Horseless, your Annie looks very familiar! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by rockstarr on May. 01, 2002 at 03:10 PM.]

We've got two on The Hobbit... I'm thinking of a girl in SE PA...

I haven't seen Catherine Winter in about 8 years. Do you know what she is up to? Is she still riding, is she still even in the US or are they back in France? Her mom owned the barn I boarded and rode at for years. And she bought my eventer to do the jumpers on and was pretty succesful with him for about 6 months, then sold him to Ann Crain and I never heard from her again.

rockstarr:
    You ARE correct: Disco was a bay mare with very cute dished head with a blaze.

PRIVATE COLLECTION: Courtney Kennedy
    Come alive in 2005!

Ok, here are some more:

Desire (pronounced Dez-er-ay)
    Old Fashioned
    Irish Bit O' Blue
    Shenandoah Hobbit
    Irish Brass
    Captain Hook

http://community.webshots.com/user/kindalucky

I warned you, but did you listen? -Monty Python and the Holy Grail

YES! thats the beau i was refferring to..i was little so he probably just seemed like a lrg, lol.

http://radiofinderizer.net/cgi-bin/c...mous3136&a=Nas

Desiree - Laura Gorman
    Irish Bit of Blue - Franklin Clemmer
    Captain Hook - Lindner Beauties
    Irish Brass - Cheryl Reed (?)

Did you do the ponies? And on who? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hillcrest Better Than Blue - Marly, Addie, Austen and don't forget Avery Dimmig!!!
    Thyme - Natalie Kaczanowski
    Heart to Beat - Lindsay Rosen

What about...

Silver Screen?
    Wait for the Beep?
    Captain Hook?
    Snow Wonder?
    Treasure Hunt?
    Linus?

*Pony Rock*

Remember these???
    Ah Choo-
    Tarragon-
    Galen Mica-
    Art Treasure-
    Willow Springs Mermaid-
    Cookie Monster(My Favorite!!!)-
    Miracle-
    Special Touch-
    Dior-
    Mimosa-
    Special Effects-
    Toulouse-
    Clear As Crystal-
    Animal Crackers-
    Liseter Caper-
    Hampton Court-
    Minuet-

Sage was Jessica Baker's pony.
    Treasure Hunt was Kristi Cardalico
    Captain Hook was the Lindner's but showed in Long Island with someone else before becoming "Famous"

Grr, darn Ms. Square beat me to it!

Old Fashioned - Kristin Solter

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

I can't remember who actually owned Irish Brass,
    but Ashley Kennedy showed him for at least 2 years on a lease.

SHORT STACK: Jessica Ehrlich
    Come alive in 2005!