The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Olney Soft Tempo - Christina Lyhus, Laura Haverland, Elizabeth Heritage
    (and he's retired in Ohio with my old a/o hunter!)

Strike It Rich - Maria Bishop, Lindners

http://community.webshots.com/user/kindalucky
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

Erica Pritz had Sandcastle.

This thread is bringing back SO many memories! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://community.webshots.com/user/kindalucky

I warned you, but did you listen? -Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Didn't Natalie Kaczanowski originally ride Thyme?

Fox Lair Farm

Erica Pritz had Sandcastle. - Darn palamino ponies! Who else did Pillow Talk??? Anyone???

I am thinking of one more for Strike It Rich...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lily:

I don't know if Emily Williams ever had Buttons & Bows, but Emily Wyrick definitely did.

That's it! I knew it was an Emily W.

Strike it Rich was also owned by Georgeana Moroton who rode with Scott Kemory
    Abbie Sullivan and Caitlin Venezia had Brownland's Third Light
    Buttons N Bows is still around. She was walking around Tampa at 26 years old. The small pony Slumber Party (formerly Bow Tie) is her son.
    Buzz Light Year is Snow Goose's son
    Can anyone name all of Espresso's riders?

Does anyone know more about Magical Cloud? I knew he did well, but didn't think he was really that well known. I was never a "big hunter rider" but it is how I got my start before I moved to eventing.

Catherine Winter had a grey named Magical Cloud that I rode for her a bunch at home when she was not wanting to ride, or having trouble with him, I and showed him some. Is this the same pony? I never would have thought that I rode a pony that the likes of Alison Firestone and Paige Johnson rode also, except possibly some of the Brownland ponies I rode, and that only b/c Brownland was down the street and I was the "tough kid" that they put on the greenies, buckers, etc.

does anyone remember the SHOW NAME of Danielle Monteleone's pony BowBow(sp?)? He was a lrg chestnut w/socks...I rode w/eddie the whole time Danielle did n can remember grooming BowBow wen he was already ancient n its driving me crazy that i cant remember his show name!!

http://radiofinderizer.net/cgi-bin/c...mous3136&a=Nas

Nicole Gokey had Jet Setter first and showed him as a medium pony . Peter Wylde had Devil's River and then Kimbel Fegly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Buttons & Bows- help- Lisa Bugni? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lisa was a good friend of mine growing up, but no, she didn't ride Buttons & Bows. She trained with Trudy and had some other fancy ponies - Farnley Clark Gable (formerly Farnley Sparrow), and Heart to Beat, a cute gray small who went on the be champion at one of the indoors shows with her new owner.

Does anyone remember Sage (a grey small, I believe related to Thyme)? She was at my barn for a long long time and carried a couple of really cute little kids in braids to short stirrup championships, well into her 20s.

Ann

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKM:
    Does anyone know more about Magical Cloud? I knew he did well, but didn't think he was really that well known. I was never a "big hunter rider" but it is how I got my start before I moved to eventing.

Catherine Winter had a grey named Magical Cloud that I rode for her a bunch at home when she was not wanting to ride, or having trouble with him, I and showed him some. Is this the same pony? I never would have thought that I rode a pony that the likes of Alison Firestone and Paige Johnson rode also, except possibly some of the Brownland ponies I rode, and that only b/c Brownland was down the street and I was the "tough kid" that they put on the greenies, buckers, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same pony you mention went on to win the pony finals under saddle with Catherine Winter and later was purchased by Allison Firestone. I know the pony won at WEF and indoors although I'm certainly now knowledgeable enough to give his whole resume. Great pony!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> does anyone remember the SHOW NAME of Danielle Monteleone's pony BowBow(sp?)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it Beau Breeze? Though I thought that one was a medium, but fuzzily remember that maybe there were two of them...

Was a medium, if I recall correctly he was a red roam with white stockings and a blaze. At one point he was owned by Melissa Ferro. I got to show him once, he was a blast!
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The same pony you mention went on to win the pony finals under saddle with Catherine Winter and later was purchased by Allison Firestone. I know the pony won at WEF and indoors although I'm certainly now knowledgeable enough to give his whole resume. Great pony! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would've known that little pony clubber gone on to event rider ME ever rode such a fancy schmancy pony! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I schooled that pony and rode it for Catherine when she didn't want to, I wish I could've taken him to pony finals!

I was reading on the other ponies thread about one pony that "all good riders in that area got to ride" supposedly he could pull out some nasty stops.

Anyone remember some of the nasty ponies from our era?

How about McGregor? He actiually knocked Alexa down one time in the jog and I know that he bit Hillary more than once.

Oh, and speaking of GREAT ponies... we forgot Farnley Blue Chip! What a GREAT pony- not a mean bone in his body!

Swan Song/ Lauren Hough
    Nilla Wafer/ Jamie Krauss
    Beaujolais/ Lindsey Amery/ Katie Jaffe
    Yes I Can/ Darren Graziano/ Corrine Linder
    Buttons & Bows/ Lindsay Ann Evans (Scott's sis)
    Indiana Jones/ Ryan Wilcoxon
    My Buddy/ Laurel Mullen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FLF:
    Didn't Natalie Kaczanowski originally ride Thyme?

http://www.foxlairponies.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm almost positive that's right.
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

Beau Breeze started out in VA with Dale Crittenberger and Courtney McPherson rode her. She was a 4-5 year old at the time and Dale bought her from a Great Falls lady who moved to FL. He had her and showed her. All I really remember is that she hated brush! We sold her to a trainer in NC and a girl named Hope owned and showed her then.

Anyone rememer Disco Duck? The only small pony that could make the horse numbers when pony lines were still at 12 feet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
    Beau Breeze started out in VA with Dale Crittenberger and Courtney McPherson rode her. She was a 4-5 year old at the time and Dale bought her from a Great Falls lady who moved to FL. He had her and showed her. All I really remember is that she hated brush! We sold her to a trainer in NC and a girl named Hope owned and showed her then.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I'm confused about Beau Breeze then. I'm pretty sure we had a pony named Beau Breeze in our barn, but I thought that he was a gelding. It was a long time ago, and my brain is fried by all of these crazy exams! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]