The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

C. Boylen -- I know your Bugle Boy! He came to Stoneridge Farm in Great Falls, VA 5 or 6 years ago with a bad rearing problem. That got resolved pretty quickly, and then he was doing lessons with beginner kids until one of them bought him and showed him locally. They were a good match and she loved him, but he developed a persistent front lameness problem + then she outgrew him. I'm not sure, but I think a few years ago he went off somewhere to be turned out.

Thanks DCN!! I was wondering. He always had the rearing problem, it would resurface periodically, especially without a Depo-Provera program http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif I'm glad to hear he found a good home; I was a little disappointed that he didn't continue to show sucessfully. When he was on he was a heck of a pony. I think he'd be about 19 now, and he actually did barrel racing and western stuff before the people I bought him from started him in the hunters. Of course I didn't know that until Sidelines printed a tongue-in-cheek blurb about the "former barrel racing pony recently champion at an indoor show". http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    Thank you for the update http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Has anyone heard of Aaron Vale's old pony named "A Little Dabble do ya"? a woman at my barn owns him now...Aaron rode him his green year i believe. He is a large.

"It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you."

G.A. Barnes
    !

He showed in the Children's Pony's down in Ocala with a little boy. He is currently at the Schaeffer's Barn. They ended up doing really well down in Florida.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hjchik:
    He showed in the Children's Pony's down in Ocala with a little boy. He is currently at the Schaeffer's Barn. They ended up doing really well down in Florida.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats just "Dabble Do Ya."

-Emily-
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.hhhh
    ^Whispering Hill^
    ^You've Got Mail^

Who was the last person to have C'est Moi? I bought a tack trunk from her about 10 years ago, and that pony was just sitting in the backyard. She had a sister who had also done the ponies, and they got a green large from Jimmy Lee. The kids lost interest and quit.

I remember that I bought one sister's tack trunk and she apparently had a fit when she discovered that her Mom had sold it (like a month after I bought it!). I wound up getting the other sister's tack trunk instead. It has the name Kerry on the cover--got, who were they? They lived on Berryville Rd in Seneca, MD.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Dabble Do Ya was also ridden by Meghan Moran and Erin Stewart. Last I heard(around August) he is still owned by Don Stewart. He may be at the Schaeffer's barn b/c Samantha is a fabulous little rider!

I think I remember Dabble Do Ya from 98/99 in the larges at culpeper, is it like a white/creamy tan colored paint?

if not which pony am i think of?
    ~*Adult Pony Rider Clique*~
    www.straplessmedia.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FarnleyPonyOwner:
    I think I remember Dabble Do Ya from 98/99 in the larges at culpeper, is it like a white/creamy tan colored paint?

if not which pony am i think of?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that is Dabble Do Ya.

formerly Emily A My karma ran over your dogma.

Dabble Do ya has been with Kim Stewart for quite some time. I remember her marketing it 2 or 3 years ago. Sam hasnt been riding it-somebody else is whos name i cant remember.

-Emily-
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.hhhh
    ^Whispering Hill^
    ^You've Got Mail^

Wow, I actually remember some of these ponies. And I'm saying that only because I rarely ever got to show as a kid.

The barn I was at however, housed two of those ponies for a while, Lucky Me, and AM Star Spangled Banner. I remember Alicia Marenzana too. Star SPangled Banner I actually got to ride once or twice and wow, what a nice pony. But what a pill to catch in his stall. Fun, memories. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    You know, if you took this jello, put it in a mold and froze it, you could be like look....an emerald. Dude, I'd kick some guys ass he ever tried to give me a jello ring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaintedWhisper:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hjchik:
    He showed in the Children's Pony's down in Ocala with a little boy. He is currently at the Schaeffer's Barn. They ended up doing really well down in Florida.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats just "Dabble Do Ya."

-Emily-
    ^Whispering Hill^
    ^You've Got Mail^
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its Actaully a diffrent pony the pony i am talking about is "A little Dabble do ya" who was ridden by AARON VALE in its green year..which would make the pony WAY older then the dabble do ya you are talking about. The pony we have is not owned by don stewart and never was.

G.A. Barnes
    !

Dabble Do Ya is owned by Erin Stewart, we was leased to many other riders over the past few years. Last year to a girl in VA. He is a large paint and since he is only 13ish, and AV is in his mid 30's, no way it is the same pony.

By my calculations, any pony that he showed, even in his last junior year, has to be at least 20 right now.

We had Lucky Me as a 4 year old. Now if there was ever a pony to terrorize a child she was it!! She could stop and spin at a jump like she was doing a reining pattern. She always hated the brush under the jumps. The most annoying thing about her was she could go lay down a gorgeous first trip and then go back 2 seconds later and jump into a 6-7 stride line and get halfway down it and just spin out and run to the in gate. Thank the lord she worked out of those issues and has been a better pony for the rest of the kids who have been fortunate enough to have had her and won on her......LOL

I can't believe this fun thread resurfaced from a year ago! And that I have missed so many pages! This was so much fun last year during finals! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif Lily- remember that??

Ryan! I didn't know you were on here! Email me! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

And I just have two notes...

Bugle Boy was definitely leased from Cullen by the Lane girl at Andre's for a while. Around 1994. And as for Pocket Rocket, i can't remember his name, but I think there was a boy who rode with Robin Greenwood who showed it around 1991 or 1992.

Wait, I remembered his name. Justin Gregory... I think.

Support F.O.B.B. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molly99:
    Dabble Do Ya is owned by Erin Stewart, we was leased to many other riders over the past few years. Last year to a girl in VA. He is a large paint and since he is only 13ish, and AV is in his mid 30's, no way it is the same pony.

By my calculations, any pony that he showed, even in his last junior year, has to be at least 20 right now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The pony i am talking about is VERY oldand is now turned out to pasture. Ive seen Dabble do ya and it is def. not the same one. I know this because our pony is in the pasture right now!

G.A. Barnes
    !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rockstar:
    And I just have two notes...

Bugle Boy was definitely leased from Cullen by the Lane girl at Andre's for a while. Around 1994.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    rockstar- "the Lane girl" is Eliza Lane. Also, a kind of odd set of questions, but who are you, and do you know Andre?

Charlotte
    Charlotte

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molly99:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is a pic. I thought the Clines were leasing him!No wait that is Daphne-Doo

**Courtney**

and he who is free of sin...shall cast the first stone.

Rockstar!

I am so glad you're back! I have a new email address- check your private topics so we can catch up! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

Lily- it's good to be back! I don't know how to check private topics!!

Charlotte- my older sister rode with him during that time long ago (I can't tell you how scary it is that it was so many years ago now... makes me feel very old!) and I tagged along for a bit. Email me if you like. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Support F.O.B.B. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif