The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

what ever happened to Code of Ethics? Chestnut large with a blaze and some socks if i'm remembering correctly. came to an old friend with the name of Cody, but changed it to Pody since there was another Cody in the barn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Little Indian:
    what ever happened to Code of Ethics? Chestnut large with a blaze and some socks if i'm remembering correctly. came to an old friend with the name of Cody, but changed it to Pody since there was another Cody in the barn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Code of Ethics was in New Orleans with Carly Boos in 1995 or so. Don't know after that.

formerly Emily A My karma ran over your dogma.

I was also told that Ice Castle had been remeasured as a large pony.

Just FYI. I am not saying this is true, but it is a widespread idea.

formerly Emily A My karma ran over your dogma.

There must be two ponies named Disco Duck, because Keri Kampsen's Disco Duck died quite a few years ago.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ryan:
    yeah, i remember cinderella. i used to show her when pam had her. i loved riding her. she was a really sweet pony. a little sassy sometimes, but she's a mare, so you have to respect that.
    QUOTE]

i rode her for about a year and a half after she was purchased.. i loved her sooo much. I ended up leaving the barn i was at.. almost broke my heart..but Cinderella taught me so much so i'll never forget her http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

i always loved watching other people ride her.. she always gave them a hard time http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif
    ~*Adult Pony Rider Clique*~
    www.straplessmedia.com

Cinderella's Coach (aka Dottie) was started by one of my dearest friends Missy Green. We had matching large ponies together (mine ended up in CA after I sold her http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif ) Dottie is now at McDonogh School and Missy is hoping Street will let her come to her Mom's farm when she is fully retired to live out her the rest of her life where she started. Great pony!!!

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay"
    - Dave Matthews

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
    - Tim McGraw
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

MaybeForever333...I know the Fromans - trained together and went to the same high school! Ryan is in grad school in Pittsburgh, getting his law & business degrees, and Alyssa is in college. Ryan hasn't ridden for a long time, and Alyssa just trail rides. They still have all of their horses and ponies, most of whom are pretty old and retired now. They are doing well.

Did you show at that same time? I showed some in the ponies, but Alyssa and I mostly showed together when she did the Junior Jumpers and I did the Junior Hunters, in the mid-to-late 90s.

MaybeForever333
    I know Rebecca! She is showing her mare Mainstreet in the A/A's now. Did you show a lot in Zone 2 back in the 90s? I was good friends with Rebecca too, maybe you and I know each other???

Calvin & Macallan...my boys!!

www.megalicious.net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FarnleyPonyOwner:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ryan:
    yeah, i remember cinderella. i used to show her when pam had her. i loved riding her. she was a really sweet pony. a little sassy sometimes, but she's a mare, so you have to respect that.
    QUOTE]

i rode her for about a year and a half after she was purchased.. i loved her sooo much. I ended up leaving the barn i was at.. almost broke my heart..but Cinderella taught me so much so i'll never forget her http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

i always loved watching other people ride her.. she always gave them a hard time http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i am glad to hear cinderella is still out there. i know what you are talking about when it comes to other people riding her. i got along really well with her and she was always good to me, but she could be a little funny with some people. she liked being ridden the same way i would ride my pony (indiana jones) so it worked out well. she was so sweet and i really appreciated her, so i hope that the people riding her now find her special. she just wants someone to love her. anyway, it's good to get the update on her.

Do any of you know the whereabouts of Yes I Can? I knew the little rascal when HHV had the pony in Memphis. Pony could find mud when it hadn't rained for weeks. Left for Tryon, NC in ?91-92. You all seem rather up to date. (as I am not)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stillwaiting:
    Do any of you know the whereabouts of Yes I Can? I knew the little rascal when HHV had the pony in Memphis. Pony could find mud when it hadn't rained for weeks. Left for Tryon, NC in ?91-92. You all seem rather up to date. (as I am not)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I Can died maybe five or six years ago. The Auletto's (sp?) were the last ones who owned her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryan:
    indy, yeah, laurel mullen's shining moment is the same one you are talking about. she was a cool pony, and laurel did a wonderful job on her.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shining Moment was very cool and really pretty. The last time I saw her was when Nicole Brown leased her after Michelle Harpenau had her.

MaybeForever, I am so curious who you are, too. I used to ride with Rebecca and I checked your profile and noticed we are about the same age. Hmmmm.

I thought Avery Dimmig's little brother, Walker, had Yes I Can last?
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

SHINING MOMENT's mom was a paint. That's where she got the belly patch. Her sister I have is seriously spotted http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif.

"Crystal Acres"
    Home of Major Fox, Tribute In Light, All Dressed Up, and Foxen the Pony Princess!
    www.underthepinesfarm.com
    "Crystal Acres"
    Home of 2005 National Champion Section B Welsh-
    "MORTON'S STAR COMMAND
    www.grandviewponies.com

Cloth of Gold-also Allison LaJoie, Gabby Applegate, and was doing the short stirrup at Indio
    Strike A Pose is still going. Sophie Applegate is riding him now.
    Stars and Stripes- Jordan Lubow
    Budweiser is still going. Olivia Eese has him now.
    Ice Castle- Maja Lindemann, Ashley Means. She DID remeasure as a large a few years ago. I think she is doing the childrens ponies now.

Memphis Belle was at Chatham, but now belongs to some people that hunt with Bedford (Va). A picture recently came in of her and a tiny little girl who does lead line/walking type stuff. Ask tackpud for more info on her.

Almost to college!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://community.webshots.com/user/christinemeyer

We have Buttons & Bows at our farm now, she is a wonderful pony, we all just adore her. She is still going strong.. and let me tell you.. that pony jumps SO good! and still moves great and swaps her leads.. amazing.
    Sage was also at my barn too.. she was shown with Jesse Hoyer for a bit in the 90s.. but before that I don't know. She lost an eye due to a halter accident I do know that. I heard she died a year or two ago.. she was a spectacular small pony!
    *Megan*

Does anyone know what happened to the larges Inspired and Gimme a Kiss? I think Erin Fraze (sp) rode them?

----------------------------
    ~*~Chelsea~*~
    *Boomerang*Irish Echo*Rainman*Irresistible*Capitol Scene* Marlon IV*
    -A proud member of: Warmblood, Junior, Pony Jumper, BBers at Night, and Pony Trainer Cliques-
    ----------------------------
    \"You must stand for something or you will fall for anything\"

Still no one who knows what eventually happened to my large Bugle Boy, barn name Bentley? I sold him to a customer of Rolling Acres, and he was later sold by them out of Jay Matter's barn, but then I lost him. I'll attach a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BentleyHarrisburg1993.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	7859