The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onthebit:
    Ann changed Sport's name from Daring to Fantastico. His barn name is still Sport. She was still showing him in the low jr/ao stuff last year and small mini prixs, not sure about this year. The last time I saw Catherine show Sport was during the Music City Grand Prix where he said NO WAY at the water jump so Catherine took a solo dive!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MKM, I remember Sport now. I didn't realize he was the same Sport that Ann Crain has now. Last summer she was doing the mini-prixs and from what I saw she was doing really well. He's really cute, and really fast. I haven't seen him this year though. One of my really good friends works with Ann, and I'll ask her to ask Ann how he is doing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by onthebit:
    Ann changed Sport's name from Daring to Fantastico. His barn name is still Sport. She was still showing him in the low jr/ao stuff last year and small mini prixs, not sure about this year. The last time I saw Catherine show Sport was during the Music City Grand Prix where he said NO WAY at the water jump so Catherine took a solo dive!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MKM, I remember Sport now. I didn't realize he was the same Sport that Ann Crain has now. Last summer she was doing the mini-prixs and from what I saw she was doing really well. He's really cute, and really fast. I haven't seen him this year though. One of my really good friends works with Ann, and I'll ask her to ask Ann how he is doing.

THANKS so much you guys!!!! I am seriously going to buy a ticket to go home for memorial day weekend and SEE HIM!
    DIXICHICK, please do find out about Sport, and I guess I can get their # in the phone book under Melissa Crain (do you know her dad's name or if he lives with them?) THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU.
    ya'll don't understand how much this horse means to me as he was the first and only horse that I really brought along from nothing to something. And yes, he is FAST! (Northern Dancer is his grandaddy)
    That's funny that he dumped Catherine, good for him! (oops, was that out loud?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by MKM on May. 02, 2002 at 03:40 PM.]

***BANANA****
    Did we talk at the Pony Finals a few years back at Fairfield??
    I was Ben Guanciale's first "employer" after college.
    We had Shorty at Sea Spray (St.Pete). After Jessica had so much success in the Mediums, Shorty had to start two other little riders!
    She was sold after Rachel Bromberg got too big for her.
    Come alive in 2005!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AnnM:
    Giggles - Aaris Petty (sp?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct spelling and all!
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

Giggles - Alexandra Verville, who rode Sleepless as a green.

How about Sweet As Candy?
    ---
    They're small hearts.

***Charis***

You probably spoke with my mother! Please email me at asulliva@middlebury.edu. Its great to hear of someone else who loved Shorty!

Paragon
    She's Got Dots
    Highfields Fancy Footnote
    Glenmore Fun Enough

No one from Zone 2 wants to take a stab at these? rockstarr?

Just when I thought I could kick it, and actually do some work, I'm back for more action. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All I can name is:

She's Got Dots/Juliana Falk

Rockstarr has it! That's one down!

Also, I think I offered up Carouselambra way back. Had a notable Large Green year in 1984. I'll answer my own query, for the good of the thread...

was ridden by Rachel Tennyson.

Rockstarr, that's a good one. Never would have guessed it!

Farnley Nasser was also owned by Renee Beradelli before she had Mermaid.

Bon Soir was owned by Julie Klein at one point.

Did anyone mention Liseter Fancy Dragon?

We might know each other. I did a lot of really green ponies, and had a couple of the Halcyon ponies. They could be really tuff.

I think one of the Conway's rode Paragon. Christine maybe?
    Does anyone remember No Deposit No Return?

The Conways had Paragon as a greenie. He was later purchased and shown w/a lot of success by another rider. She rode with Tustin's trainer. After she finished the larges, she was seen at shows sporting a stud in her nose - very unusual back then. She also dropped her head straight down over the tops of the fences, if a mental picture rings any bells.

No Deposit was mentioned early in the thread. Saw him every weekend.

All Points, If you had Halcyon Hero or Halcyon Hawthorne, we probably have mutual acquaintances.

FARNLEY COLORADO

We bought him from Lisa Hammond for Jessica (Ehrlich) as her first pony. She showed him at Wash International when she was only 6 1/2 y.o.
    Most honest packer I've ever seen. Can't say enough good about him. He was retired to Edna Lytle's after us.
    Come alive in 2005!

Gayfield's Blue Nile

I am always traveling now! I love it! But home is CT

Anyone remember the two best friends who were champion in the larges and mediums, and grand pony champion, and then tied for best child rider at WIHS? What two girls and what ponies?
    I got a webshots album! Yay! Go see : http://community.webshots.com/user/piggiejump

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did anyone mention Liseter Fancy Dragon? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My brain always categorized any small, evil, smart-moving grey ponies as "Liseter." Hence, I cannot distinguish between any of them. Maybe others have this problem as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skinflint:
    Gayfield's Blue Nile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Kathy Munchmeyer to start, then others.

How about One For One?