The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banana:
    Hillary didn't have Eenie. Her sister Carolyn had Eenie. Hillary's large was Reach A Star.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hillary Schlusemeyer, not Sivitz. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by MKM:
    Yep, I remember almost all of Catherine's ponies. I owned my own pony and showed him locally, but travelled with Brownland some and the Winter's some b/c I rode a lot of their ponies

MIDGE-
    you might not have seen this in the earlier post, but do you have any idea where Catherine Winter is? She bought my eventer as a jumper, sold him to Ann Crain a year later, and I haven't heard from her since. I have a feeling they moved back to France b/c they sold their awesome facility in Franklin to some QH people.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am jumping to this conversation. Was your horse "Daring"? I remember him as being a pretty cool horse. I remember she had "Daring" as her jumper and "Bourbon Street" as her hunter before they "disappeared". I don't know anyone who knows what happened to them.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKYOU for jumping into this conversation. DARING was my horse! I bought him as a 4 year old in KY, registered as "Port Power" for $3,000 (I called him Sport and never ended up giving him a show name, we just showed under that). He had never raced b/c he barely made it to 15.3. We were both fairly green (rider and horse) and with the help of my very patient trainer took him from being high strung and rushing at fences to 6 years later winning at prelim eventing and childrens jumpers, AND loping quietly around a Childrens Hunter course. He was the absolute BEST! Anyways, I sold him to Catherine when I started applying to colleges and she changed his name to Daring. Do you know how they did together? I was so sad and totally lost touch (except that I'd sneak out of school during lunch and go sit in his stall with him!) Anyways, I'm pretty sure he's retired on Ann Crains farm now.

So sorry this isn't related to ponies of the 80's and 90's, but somebody here knows my baby!!!

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Jennifer Collins first showed Sabrina. She qualified for Devon as a green and was laying down the trip of her life when Jennifer winged at the last jump and chocolate chipped. I think Don Stewart was judging and he actually threw his clipboard in the air.

'If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?'
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

My favorite pony of all times, naturally, was mine- Woodland's Shropshire Lad. But, my second favorite was his look-alike brother, Woodland's First Ballot. Ballot was much fancier than mine, but standing side by side, there was no doubt they were brothers.

Silver Tide
    Sassafrass Silver
    Giggles
    Dance On Ice
    Liseter Flying Day
    Just A Star
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

Spoiledsweet: Penny Whistle was owned and shown by Rebecca Rotiske. Boy, he could be really rotten. Her med. was Low Profile, I started him sooo long ago, and she went on to do quite well in the Division with him in this Zone. I lost track of what she had after she was done with Pro. I feel really old now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RodeoGirl:
    Silver Tide- ziff?
    Sassafrass Silver- helen holmburg and others
    Giggles- lauren nelke and others
    Dance On Ice
    Liseter Flying Day
    Just A Star<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silver Tide was the Ruff kids (along with Devil's River)

Dance on Ice was Alison Firestone

Perhaps we know each other. I knew both those ponies through their careers. Pro could be a little butthead as a greenie, too.

Rebecca had a large junior, Blame It On Rio, who she bought from Jeff Ayers. She did a lot of winning with him, though he was a tough one, too. That kid could ride.

Jennifer Friedman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banana:
    Hillary didn't have Eenie. Her sister Carolyn had Eenie. Hillary's large was Reach A Star.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you got the sivitz's and Hillary Schlusemeyer mixed up. Hillary Schlusemeyer didn't have any siblings and owned Brownland's Little Eenie from her green year and through a few more. Kelly Farmer rode Eenie one year at Pony Finals. Eenie jumped like a million dollars but was bad with her changed and constantly got her tongue over the bit.

I think Hillary might have ridden third light a little bit. But maybe not, it would have been when third light was green.

last night I remembered who Courney Wolf's pony was- Rising Star (medium)

Anyone remember Farnley I Guess and Woodland's After Dark?

Silver Tide was originally ridden by Mary Lisa Nicholson as a junior.

Dance on Ice - Robin Valentine

Sassfrass Silver - Paris Cozart

What about:

Glenmore Twilight (champion at WIHS in the early 90's)
    Glenmore Pinkie

Both were at my barn back in the day. I know Leigh Szubrowski (sp?) owned Pinkie at the time but I'm not sure what happened to either pony. I had heard that Prissy (Glenmore Twilight) was no longer with us but I'm not sure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BB:
    What about:

Glenmore Twilight (champion at WIHS in the early 90's)
    Glenmore Pinkie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twilight was ridden by Amy Boyle in the late 80's.
    Pinkie is now owned by the Sassmanshaussen family of Ohio...she's taught several of their boys how to ride and is still trucking around with the youngest one.

Ann changed Sport's name from Daring to Fantastico. His barn name is still Sport. She was still showing him in the low jr/ao stuff last year and small mini prixs, not sure about this year. The last time I saw Catherine show Sport was during the Music City Grand Prix where he said NO WAY at the water jump so Catherine took a solo dive!

Where did you used to run a lesson program. We might know each other!!

For The Hobbit - his last rider as a small pony was Meredith Barto from Reading, PA.

I'll answer my own pony ???s
    AH CHOO- Elgin Olymphant
    MIRACLE- Darren Graziano, Allison Firestone, and Elizabeth Ward when he was named Festive Affair.
    MIMOSA- Bret Klingerman, Anastasia Fay, & the Conways
    SPECIAL TOUCH- Renee Beradelli
    ANIMAL CRACKERS- Whitney Bartichek, Laurie Occhipinti, Niki Shahinian, Jennifer ?
    TARRAGON- Tori Profeta

That mystery pony from before, what year did it show. I'm old enough to know a few 70's grays. Zim's Flower Drum? Sweet & Loverly? Purely guesswork, but I bet my sister knows. I'll send her by.

Giggles - Aaris Petty (sp?)