The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default deleted

Last edited by Fairview Horse Center; Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Really my vet just sold me the whole bottle, easy as can be. I just cut them into quarters.

Sorry, that stinks. We just buy the bottle also, maybe you could make that suggestion?!
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

I bought the 227 gram bottle because it is cheaper. I could have got the 57mg single pills my vet still would have sold me the whole bottle. I just use a pill cutter and cut a bunch at once so easy.

I have the 227 mg tabs and am able to break them into quarters just using my hands...

It comes in a bottle??????????????????????

Because the little wrappers are driving me crazy too. I have to give 3 pills a day to my German Shepherd. By the time I've got the packages open I need some ibuprofen for my arthritic hands.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    It comes in a bottle??????????????????????

Because the little wrappers are driving me crazy too. I have to give 3 pills a day to my German Shepherd. By the time I've got the packages open I need some ibuprofen for my arthritic hands.
    A bottle, honest! Just bought a new one. I use the same bottle for the horses and dogs, obviously different doses. I hate those little bubble wrap things. Check on getting a bottle.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    Unfortunately, I am just the lowly barn owner/manager. I have to take what the owners give me, but I SURE will be making a suggestion.

Last time we DID get the biger pills, they were also in this packaging, but a bit easier to cut into, and you only have to bloody yourself once for 4 quarters (days).
    Fun in gloves, ain't it? I've taken to digging them out of the foil/plastic with a jacknife, then cracking them into quarters with same. I do the whole pkg. at once and put them in a jar so I only have to do it once a month . . .

Packaging like this comes from an unholy alliance between the Darwin Award candidates and the lawyers . . .

Its like the saying - there's a special place in hell reserved for the guy who invented DVD packaging. Well sounds to me like the desk next to his is reserved for the guy who invented the Previcox foil packages.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

You should make the owners open them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

Lol! Mr KC makes me extract his Actifed for him. Maybe I could hire myself out!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kcmel View Post
    Lol! Mr KC makes me extract his Actifed for him. Maybe I could hire myself out!
    Can you come open my DayQuil for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

OMG, come open my omeprazole please!! I want to take Aleve for my bruised ribs, but the doc said they will hurt for up to 12 weeks, and I need the omeprazole if I'm Aleve'ing for that long. That stuff is killer to get into!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I get the 57 mm from my vet. There is NO packaging at all. They are in a little container. I guess the vet buys them bulk and sells 2 months quantity at a time to his customers.

My bottle lasted 1 year.

Ya, try to get them in a bottle. That's what they came in for my horse.

Under a rock, up in the hills of Sage, So. Calif, southeast of Hemet & north east of Temecula

Default Costco has bottles

Yep, got a small package from my vet to hold over until my internet order came thru in the bottle. I am happy at how easy the pills break into quarters.
    I just found out that Costco now has pet meds & the one I go to has Previcox in the large size. And at a price lower then my internet source.
    There is no such thing as "bad" horsemanship or "good" horsemanship. There is simply Horsemanship or the absence thereof.

www.oldmorgans.blogspot.com

I had no idea I should be grateful to my vet for giving me a bottle of Previcox pills, already split (they are for my dog instead of my horse). I hate difficult packaging and will stash this away in my brain for future reference should I need it for one of the horses.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

i had to crack one open with a hammer the other day... actually i couldnt so my instructors husband had to come do it and it was super funny because he started cussing in french! (accent included)

Now, while we're all talking about Previcox; how do you find it works as opposed to Bute?

We've used it here for one elderly mare with a "big" knee, and are using it now for a thirtysomething gelding who has a bit of trouble getting up and down, so the vet prescribed it to keep him from getting like the Tin Man.

The mare had a complete intolerance to Bute, the gelding will go off his feed with it, but the both tolerate the Previcox fine.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience--what conditions you're using it for, what age of horse, and how you think it's performing compared to Bute.