The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Puterbaugh Dressage

Hey all! I'm thinking of doing a dressage camp/clinic with Douglas Puterbaugh in Michigan. Can anyone who's familiar with this trainer please PM me your experiences?

Thanks!!

Kris0227

i think you will find a lot of negative feedback.... at least here at the last place he was before he went elsewhere.....

Yea, I saw the thread from a couple of years ago, but was hoping someone more recent had experienced his clinic, or people could PM me with WHAT their negative/positive experiences were. The other thread just had a bunch of "no's" but no reasons.

One person's opinion of bad, may not be another's, although, I'm not saying that's the case here either, I just like to be fully informed.

If you google his name you will find ads for his training on all sites and mainly promos for the book he put out. If you go to his site he is 'importing' products you can buy. I'm sure if you ask, for a price, he might sign them for you.

He was *briefly* at my barn in Sacramento (years ago, yes).

But the definitions of "Smarmy" and "Gullible"(owners) haven't changed.

Just my opinion of course. Maybe there's a different trainer with the same name and background - you never know.