The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Today, Roanne TWF, my 3 year old Rosenthal/Stedinger filly checked in foal to Elite Danish stallion Solos Landtinus. I'm really excited about this cross.

mine aren't really sporthorses per say, but I have a preg check in the morning for two of my mares....crossing fingers!!! One is a maiden and one isn't, they are both bred to my stallion and we did live cover....whew, when they get here I'll have assisted in everything!! LOL

I was amazed that they went into heat at the same time, what luck!
    Member of the "My Saddlebred can do anything your horse can do" clique

We are pleased to announce that Zarena has given us a very nice black dot on a 17 day check! Zarena is by Le Champion and is a "PSG with an amateur" herself.She was bred to Amaretto d'Arco. Special thanks to Dr. Oakley of Deland FL who micromanaged this 17 yr. old maiden mare to a "tee" under Monica's monitoring and also to Lisa Lourie for going the extra mile to make "D'Arco" available in the midst of his competitive schedule in Wellington and before he left for Europe.

Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) to be checked next week for her pregnancy with a Vegas (Voltaire x Joost) foal. Then on to the next tranche of breeding - Julia du Brio, Mandalika and, possibly Ana Bella.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Congrats to all!
    I have another black dot myself...this time my mare Laurel (Bodyguard) in foal to FS Don't Worry! I am VERY excited about this cross
    Whispered Wish Weser-Ems: Breeding quality German Riding Ponies!
    Standing the stallion Burberry
    www.germanridingpony.com
    www.facebook.com/HighlifesBurberry

I am VERY excited to announce that Golden Sunrise is confirmed in foal at her 16 day check!!

One more.

My fingers, toes and eyeballs are crossed that the recipient hangs onto the For Compliment embryo that we just got from Wolkenstanza. It was a little small, but hopefully small won't matter. I so want to see this cross!!!!!!

One black dot, one to check next week and one with no black dot. Yikes, breeding season, sometimes I think we must be nuts!
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

WOOT!!! My scheme has, so far worked!!! I planned on breeding our open mares early this year and just confirmed two more in foal ! Pilar (Pointmaker x Winter Eclipse/Wallenstein) - bred by our own Rebecca Pennington of Sonesta Farm - just confirmed in foal to Edward Scissorhands d'Avalon. Pilar is STUNNING, if I do say so myself. Black with four high stockings and a blaze, this foal will be guaranteed black!

The second mare confirmed in foal is the Oldenburg mare, Piping Hot (Pablito x Jadzia Dax/Golf Shop Denny xx) a cute little smaller package standing 15:3 hands. She also is bred to Edward Scissorhands for a black 2013 foal. I LIKE knowing I won't get a red head next year !!!

4 down, two more to check in a week! Fingers crossed that my plan continues to work...well...that and NOT getting on ANY horses this year until breeding season is over and NOT breaking anything! So far, so good!
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Yeah! Great news about Pilar! And she is the half-sister to Inkka (by Ideal and out of Pilar's dam) that just gave us a gorgeous black (may gray out) colt by Romancero!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Thumbs up

Congrats to everyone!

I'm doing a happy dance myself SPS Diorella (Donnerhall - Akut) has the 14 day black dot to Royal Prince!!!!! I will be holding my breath for the 30 n 60 check now! Yippee! Now we're waiting on the Veron and Furst Fugger check. Those are in a couple days.
    Last edited by mlcoursin; May. 5, 2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: somehow i combined two stallions name into one ;)
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!

First black dot- yippee ! Obsession TW (Canaletto x Carthago x Renomee) in foal to Candillo Jr. Hope this bodes well for the two we are in the "2 week wait" - wouldn't that be nice.

My Fidertanz mare, Keepsake, checked in foal to Rubignon. Hoping both mares are still in foal on their next check at 30 days.

*Happy Dance* My mare by Weinstein x Graphit was checked in foal yesterday to Dauphin! She is an older mare and it was her 1st time with frozen semen. Now's the time to bring the bubbles out... the bubble wrap I should precise!! Next step: get an heartbeat in 2 weeks.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Default Calandra X Quite Easy

Calandra - Calando I/Landjunker II Stamm 776 mare confirmed with black dot today with Quite Easy - QDR/Landgraf/Capitano Stamm 173. Capitano mare is full sister to Capitol I.

One more to go.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

Black dot today for Bijou (Bruderherz/ Akzent II/ Polacca) x Tantris. Don't try this at home, but I bred her after seeing her in very strong heat, checking her cervix, calling the stallion owner to have a chat (including the fact that my vet was out of the country), driving to pick up the swim team, and then inseminating the mare myself. ZERO ultrasounds until the preg check. A bit risky, but nice when it works out!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

ZERO ultrasounds until the preg check. A bit risky, but nice when it works out!
    Did that at least twice But the mares were on a hormones protocol (the one on Kathy's website to delay foal heat...) Worked both time and gained almost 2 weeks! Indeed risky, and indeed lucky, but we need those lucky shots once in a while
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Yes, we do! Good for you, Spike.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Happy Day! A 24 day check on Zarena confirmed that she has retained her pregnancy with Amaretto d'Arco and Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) is confirmed in foal to Vegas (Voltaire x Joost) Two for Two! Yay!
    Last edited by Sakura Hill Farm; May. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Black dot and heartbeat check! Cabaret mare with very first confirmed De Feiner Star pregnancy!!!
    If there are no pets in Heaven then I want to go where they went !!!
    RIP Maybe June 13, 1993-Sept. 23, 2006,Dexter March 11, 1983-Sept. 23, 2009, Joey 1997?- June 21, 2012
    www.equistarfarm.com

Smile

Another black dot to report!!! Lyrical (Letkiss) is in foal to Furst Fugger! One dose too! Our other mare L. Titty who was bred to Veron, she has some cysts that made it hard for the vet to see if there was a dot or not so she will be rechecked on Friday. Fingers crossed there's something there. Our mare Diorella is still in foal to Royal Prince (YIPPEE!!!), so the year is going pretty well so far. Our vet has been awesome, getting to the farm on time and doing the inseminations. I loff her!!!

Haniska, that's awesome about Bijou! Gotta love it when a plan comes together so perfectly.
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!