The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vogt Riding Academy

Does anyone have any experience with Vogt Riding Academy in Atlanta? I am checking out dressage barns in the area and curious if anyone has ridden there, or boards there, etc.

TIA!
    Last edited by spirithorse22; Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

I just found your thread, a year on. I too was searching for info about Vogt. I notice no one else has replied. Have you ever found anything out about Vogt?
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

No personal experience, but this seems to have been discussed a couple of years ago.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-in-Atlanta-GA
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Thanks, Lucassb.

I'm looking for an eventing or dressage place near ATL too! Let me know if you find anything. I know Vogt has almost NO turnout, so that's the main reason I excluded it.
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by emirae1091 View Post
    I'm looking for an eventing or dressage place near ATL too! Let me know if you find anything. I know Vogt has almost NO turnout, so that's the main reason I excluded it.
    Which part of Atlanta, and how much time are you willing to spend in the car? Atlanta traffic is absolutely horrible during rush hour, which is basically 6-9:30 am and 4-7 pm M-F. I-285 and GA 400 in particular are not for the faint of heart, so you probably wouldn't want to choose a barn in Alpharetta, for instance, if you live on the southside.

I'm right near the Brookwood split. Currently I'm driving to Jefferson (85N and 129) and it's about an hour and fifteen minutes. 30 would be ideal, but being realistic, 45 is probably about the max. I LOVE where I am, so if I can't get closer than 45, I don't think it's worth the stress of moving.
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

We are at Shannondale Farm in Alpharetta, and there is a boarder there who lives in Brookhaven. She is able to set her own work schedule, though, and plans her trips to the barn to avoid rush hour traffic (usually comes around noon during the week). It is mostly a dressage facility, but there is one eventer there and they do have a grass jump field. Not sure about availability at the moment - you would have to contact Julie for info.

There are lots of other dressage facilities in the Alpharetta/Canton/Cumming/Ball Ground area, and some event facilities, too. GDCTA publishes a membership directory each year with lists of boarding facilities, trainers, etc., so if you haven't joined yet, you may want to check it out.

^ Downyonder I am SOOO jealous. I went to a debbie mcdonald clinic at Shannondale probably 6+ years ago and I remember the facility being absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by emirae1091 View Post
    I'm right near the Brookwood split. Currently I'm driving to Jefferson (85N and 129) and it's about an hour and fifteen minutes. 30 would be ideal, but being realistic, 45 is probably about the max. I LOVE where I am, so if I can't get closer than 45, I don't think it's worth the stress of moving.
    Are you riding in Jefferson?

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I keep my horse at Shannondale also, and love it. My horse has never looked (or felt) so great, and the facilities are simply fantastic. If the Alpharetta/ Crabapple area works for you, I'd certainly recommend it.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina