The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Duct tape?!!! Hmmmm... ya got something there, have to use the pantyliners (with wings) to cover the "sensitive spots". Can ya use it insted of a "slingshot" too? I personally can't wear those (afraid they'll come out my nose), and would rather be found in the ER w/nothing than have to deal with the "wedgies"!!!! Never had the breeches split on me, but I'd still be more embarased having a thong on, than if I was "buff"!!!JMHO

Okay, I'll ante up with the brassiere commentary: my lingerie drawer is slowly losing its hold on anything remotely resembling Victoria's Secret. My first step to the Other Side was buying a t-back Wonder Bra, so the shoulder straps didn't end up around my elbows in an equitation class. But then, I finally succumbed and bought --- a sports bra! The first one was white. Very utilitarian. But now, I have them in all colors. Yes, ala the U.S. womens soccer team, I've been known at summer shows out here to remove my riding shirt in the barn aisle and untack/wash my horse in my colored sports bra! I am woman, hear me roar! (And if I'm particularly sweaty and gross, see everyone turn their heads away in disgust).

Top ten reasons for always returning to underwear as a topic:
    #10 It is a subject close to every rider's ... uh, heart.

#9 It is easy to make cracks about thongs.

#8 A lot of people get rubbed the wrong way.

#7 There are a lot of cheeky people on this board.

#6 No sense mooning over other subjects.

#5 In the horse world, Derrieres are De riguer.

#4 The rider's rear is often prominently featured in equestrian photography.

#3 Sooner or later everyone in this business bottoms out.

#2 If the horse can have a "chafeless girth", then why can't the rider?

#1 You can't help but wonder.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Baymare... quite simply... ROTFLMAO!!!!!
    I'm sorry... Did I just roll my eyes out loud?

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

Baymare......that was classic!! I now know who really write Dave Letterman's Top 10 lists. I'm not worthy to post on the same board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:
    Lucky you! That's like oops my girth broke! How about losing a strap and giving yourself a black eye? ROFL (But only in retrospect) Now I am getting an idea of why those vests under the really fitted jackets are soooooo important. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I am considering 100 mile/hour duct tape. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...Lucky YOU to have such problems. For all my TS, underwear issues, I really don't have the kind of assets that make bras of any kind a problem. Duct tape is totally out of the question. I could probly get away with bandaids in an emergency...

Ohmigod you guys are *such* a bad influence on me...hold on I think I was corrupted long before I met you fine people.....

has it occurred to you people that you all have like two track minds the first being the a....ahem Underwear/indecent one and the 2nd on being horses? hmm....what does that say about us?

Anyways did anyone else notice that the board got ALOT weirder when Colin reappeared? hm... anyone? But then again it's not like she's the only severly disturbed one here! (sorry Colin!) LOL

Sarah

[This message has been edited by Regalmeans (edited 11-14-2000).]
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

HAHAHA Story time!

I was grooming for my friend at a show, and she forgot to bring a white bra for her light colored shirt ;X (She was wearing a black one) So she bought 3M Vetrap in the fashionable color of white and used that. Needless to say, it WORKED!
    ~kNd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:
    Ohmigod you guys are *such* a bad influence on me...hold on I think I was corrupted long before I met you fine people.....

[This message has been edited by Regalmeans (edited 11-14-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, I agree! they are contributing to the deliquency of minors....
    ~*Paige*~

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Talk always turns, invariably, eventually, to underwear because that's what girls talk about - in addition to their dissatisfactory body parts, their men or lack thereof, their jobs/kids/horses (the order depends on the assembled parties), and their underwear.
    Reality is, this board is often like a slumber party of purportedly adult women who are very reminiscent of their 13-year-old selves at a slumber party. And that, BTW, is why this board is so much fun. Long live our 13 year old selves (without the acne)!!

My best friend wore a thong to a show one time and made a huge deal out of telling us all that she had solved the panty line problem. After her second class though she went in the porta-potty and CUT it off with the braiding scissors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Needless to say we all decided to stick with the panty lines...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
    So the inevitable question would be: what is a good way to pick up men? Waiting with bated breath on this one ... can you tell I'm still bitter over the whole trainer-snatching ordeal? LOL!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BGPS - Has Babs packed up all her training tools yet...she is due in Richmond next week to assume her new position at Sea Rider Stables.

I must say the best way to pick up men is to play hard to get...I love doing that!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wicky:
    Oh, pray tell, VTRider, where can I get a pair of these mythical jeans??? How much do I have to pay you for your most dear secret?[This message has been edited by wicky (edited 11-14-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    www.rods.com - go to jeans and look for Rockies or Lawmans...they are a little pricey - $40-50 - but well worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHOA!:
    Duct tape is totally out of the question. I could probly get away with bandaids in an emergency...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOA! Shall we tell them about my duct tape experiences at the banquet last year when I wore the strapless dress?!?!

Ms.VTrider,

Alas as much as I wish I could go to Richmond I can't. Many many years ago I did work in the Suburbs of Richmond. It was during my illicit youth and some of the childish things I did got me a life time ban from living in the area. I shall have to stay in Northern Va and just hope you all will come visit me....sigh.... to have to give up the Sea Rider position is devestating.

Well here is my sad underwear tale. I am a voluptous woman and one day decided that the lovely industrial brassiere I wore really wasn't as nice (read strong) as a sports bra. So I went out purchased the best quality item that was available. I wiggled into it and thought "oh my how perfect". When I rode I didn't really notice any difference. I then discovered the difference when I took it off....or should I say the three of us took it off! I had gotten sweaty and could not get it off without assistance. I then decided then and there not to continue wearing a sports bra. I can not afford an entourage of 3 to help me get undressed after riding. Very embarassing to ask for help to remove undergarments.

On one memorable holiday (Valentine's of all things!) Mr. Wings got thoughtful and purchased an array of undergarments for me.

He was quite devastated at the look I gave him as I pawed through the bag of slinky items and found nothing but one peice "pull on over the head" bras made of t-shirt quality material.

He exchanged them all for the equivalant value in super duty elastic ( from a dozen down to two! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ).

Ever since I have received Godiva chocolates and been much happier.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VA Cowboy:
    OK Ladies...I'm back, you may remember AZ Cowboy?, Anyplace Farm's friend from the west. Well, I'm back in Virginia so put away the ascots and crank up the country music. Once again, real cowboys don't wear Levi's or underwear unless it's winter when they wear long johns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I flame him or would someone else like to? VA Cowboy, my darling, sweet, precious little morsel of a man... Real cowboys might not wear underwear but I can also comfortably say that real horsepeople don't wear ascots either!!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

The REALLY FUNNY THING is (for all of you who wear the "thong") I guess you
    all don't know this....butt (pardon the pun), er, well............I guess I
    need to come right out and say this....
    You all keep talking about this "no greater violation than the line".....did
    you by any chance ever SEE your backsides in the mirror? Your "thongs"
    CLEARLY show a line at the "crack of your dereire's" ladies! It is APPARENT to
    ALL that you are INDEED wearing BUTT FLOSS! (roflmao). PARTICULARILY when
    you are in a TWO POINT position when riding (which is why we calling it
    "flossing"..) I MUST go find a tissue to wipe my tears of
    laughter......damn, where is THAT box?

Hey VA Cowboy! So....it's safe to assume no jock strap while roping either?? hehehe!

Glad to have you back on board (cute, eh?)...and good news about your relocation to Virginia! My favorite state! Guess I'm all alone in the west here, eh?

Yes, I've heard about your work in the suburbs of Richmond, uh huh.............
    mizzwade