The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
    There's a question.... what kind of underwear do the cowboys wear?

Not a thong-wearer myself, although from the sounds of it, maybe I should become one -- although I still can't imagine wearing them when I ride.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually foxhunted in a pair of thongs one time...no problem.

My cattle-man (can't call him a cowboy b/c he isn't in Montana rounding up cattle on the prairies or anything. Big difference b/t cowboys and cattlemen but that is a whole nother thread) wears tighty whites all the time under his Wranglers...that, mixed with the large amounts of Mt. Dew he drinks = no kids for us!!!

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-14-2000).]

VT, the tighty-whities, no kids thing makes me think of one of the funniest Seinfeld lines ever when Kramer fears a low sperm count, stops wearing briefs, doesn't like boxers and then goes without.

He says to Jerry and Elaine, "I'm out there, I'm free and I'm lovin' it" and Elaine says with horror, "The only thing standing between him and us is a thin layer of gaberdine."

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
    Do cowboys wear under-garments at all? Inquiring minds ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, my pseudo cowboy doesn't wear them for everyday (which actually grosses me out) but I know he did when we went on our little trail ride.

The other thing is, one time, I was in this Western wear shop and I saw these thick, practically thigh-high socks on the rack. I'm sure they are designed to keep western riders from getting jean-rubs. Therefore, I don't want to hear anything from my Wrangler-wearing friends about how western people don't get rubs. They made socks for those who do. I just had a personal giggle imagining some guy wearing them though.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paige:
    Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paige, you're right and I think that has to do with the change of weather. Everyone is looking for a man to snuggle up with for the winter. Cowboys seem to have some sort of an appeal these days...

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    Well, my pseudo cowboy doesn't wear them for everyday (which actually grosses me out) but I know he did when we went on our little trail ride.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, pray tell, how did you find that out? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    Paige, you're right and I think that has to do with the change of weather. Everyone is looking for a man to snuggle up with for the winter. Cowboys seem to have some sort of an appeal these days...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny that this particular combination of topics came up, because I remember, in my first year of college, noticing with horror that some of the "cowboys" in wranglers also had visible "panty" lines. NOT a good thing on a guy. I'm not sure I've recovered from that traumatic incident. They wear em tight, so they need to discuss underwear etiquette.

This reminds me of my old trainer....he DIDN'T wear underwear EVER...and he would always ride in jeans and chaps.
    ~kNd

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kNd:
    This reminds me of my old trainer....he DIDN'T wear underwear EVER...and he would always ride in jeans and chaps. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that's who they based "There's Something About Mary" on....always wondered who the poor sucker was!

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    Please allow me to elaborate!!!!!!!

For all of our beautiful Schumacher (no, I don't like TS) Marigold, GP, Emerson (yes, I truly love my boots) etc., the entire picture is lost when a da*ned pantyline interferes. No matter how elegantly shaped you are, you cannot tame your butt cheeks to stay put within the confines of your undies. My quest is for the perfect pair. One which don't have a waist above my breeches and one which won't embarass the pants off me (no pun intended,) if I am in a car accident and a George Clooney lookalike ends up being my Doctor. I have had some excellent suggestions thus far, excluding of course the idea of wearing a slingshot. Sorry, I think it has been referred to as a thong.

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers to Quinn who managed to encompass all threads of the last week in one round-up posting, George C., underwear, butt cheeks and name brands. I'm proud to be a touque wearing Canadian bagel-eating New Yorker, but even prouder to be a card carrying member of this underwear discussion group that continues to share such personal experiences with free abandon!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spunky:
    And, pray tell, how did you find that out? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

UPDATE: I have my psuedo cowboy on the phone. First off, he said he didn't wear underwear when we went on the trail ride. And he enjoys telling me often when he isn't wearing underwear. I actually only like to hear when he does wear them.

Anyplace, several years ago I dated an event rider from California who looked like a cowboy -- actually he looked like the Marlboro Man -- and he didn't wear underwear very often either. He too liked to tell me about this.

I'm pretty open-minded, but Levi's with no underwear just seems like it wouldn't be all that comfortable for a man when he's not riding, let alone for when he's on a horse!

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wouldn't have my wonderful man if I hadn't been wearing my slingshots with my Rockies (For non-cowboy people - Rockies are a brand of jeans that make you look 2 sizes smaller than you are!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, pray tell, VTRider, where can I get a pair of these mythical jeans??? How much do I have to pay you for your most dear secret?

Anything....

[This message has been edited by wicky (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
    I'm pretty open-minded, but Levi's with no underwear just seems like it wouldn't be all that comfortable for a man when he's not riding, let alone for when he's on a horse!
    (edited 11-14-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true AHC! Very true. I speak from experience [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Which leads me to believe that those "cowboys" are lying to you...
    You Strike Me Still

They made socks for those who do. I just had a personal giggle imagining some guy wearing them though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just can't help asking, WHERE did he wear the socks???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAD:
    Just can't help asking, WHERE did he wear the socks???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I didn't see anyone wearing them...but they appeared to be worn like thigh-highs...they came up over the knee and I would assume the purpose was to keep the man's legs from getting chafed. I darn near bought a pair myself..thought they could also double as part of a Britney Spears look.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paige:
    Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dearest Paige, COVER YOUR EYES! You are too sweet to be dragged down in this shameful way.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I'm fairly new here, and have been lurking/laughing at this type of thread til tears came... Why aren't braziers considered underwear, and not a topic to be discussed?

Big jumper class--front hook bra unhooks---Trainer wonders why I start doing the "chicken dance" 1/2 way through the course...LOL

Well, I didn't see anyone wearing them...but they appeared to be worn like thigh-highs...they came up over the knee and I would assume the purpose was to keep the man's legs from getting chafed. I darn near bought a pair myself..thought they could also double as part of a Britney Spears look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VA Cowboy:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Ladies...I'm back, you may remember AZ Cowboy?, Anyplace Farm's friend from the west. Well, I'm back in Virginia so put away the ascots and crank up the country music. Once again, real cowboys don't wear Levi's or underwear unless it's winter when they wear long johns.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaime Lynn:

Big jumper class--front hook bra unhooks---Trainer wonders why I start doing the "chicken dance" 1/2 way through the course...LOL
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky you! That's like oops my girth broke! How about losing a strap and giving yourself a black eye? ROFL (But only in retrospect) Now I am getting an idea of why those vests under the really fitted jackets are soooooo important. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I am considering 100 mile/hour duct tape.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."