The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

OK, granted, the Panty Line thread was specifically about underwear, or lack thereof, but has anyone else noticed that no matter what we start off talking about lately, turns into a discussion about jock straps or underwear?

Is there something wrong with us? Should I bring this up in therapy the next time I go, but Kennett Square skips it? Is it because Colin is back? Is it because we're depraved? Or maybe it's just a change in the weather?

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

OK, granted, the Panty Line thread was specifically about underwear, or lack thereof, but has anyone else noticed that no matter what we start off talking about lately, turns into a discussion about jock straps or underwear?

Is there something wrong with us? Should I bring this up in therapy the next time I go, but Kennett Square skips it? Is it because Colin is back? Is it because we're depraved? Or maybe it's just a change in the weather?

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

I dont see anything wrong with undergarment discussions.

After all Calvin Klein has focused his career on this and is doing quite well.

Darned fads! I just bought a pair of $200 underwear so I could match with all the other riders on the circuit and now I find out that the new fad is $300 underwear, well back to the tack store....! LOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Tin - You must've gotten the Van Teal thongs, only to find that the Serengeti thong/harness ones were the new rage. You really must keep up with these threads to know what to buy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retrophish:
    After all Calvin Klein has focused his career on this and is doing quite well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It made Marky Mark a star too!!!

Oh, so that's what the left over ribbon is for....

Well, I can only assume that our conversations always turn to underwear or jock straps because (on the whole) we all wear them.

Up hear in the great white north toques get the same kind of attention. It is an all encompassing obsession. Most Canucks I know have a varied and colourful(note spelling is correct) ensemble of hats and scarves.
    And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it, and
    created the horse.\" Bedouin legend

Please allow me to elaborate!!!!!!!

For all of our beautiful Schumacher (no, I don't like TS) Marigold, GP, Emerson (yes, I truly love my boots) etc., the entire picture is lost when a da*ned pantyline interferes. No matter how elegantly shaped you are, you cannot tame your butt cheeks to stay put within the confines of your undies. My quest is for the perfect pair. One which don't have a waist above my breeches and one which won't embarass the pants off me (no pun intended,) if I am in a car accident and a George Clooney lookalike ends up being my Doctor. I have had some excellent suggestions thus far, excluding of course the idea of wearing a slingshot. Sorry, I think it has been referred to as a thong.

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my! Who knew the seriousness of the issue. From now on, I am taking every one of my slingshots very, very seriously and thanking the nice man (because I know a man had to have designed them) that invented them so that I may wake up on any given day, pull on my breeches or my python pants and not have panty lines. All the while, maintaining my dignity. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Depravity!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"If you feel you had a bad ride, how do you think your horse feels?\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    From now on, I am taking every one of my slingshots very, very seriously <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't have my wonderful man if I hadn't been wearing my slingshots with my Rockies (For non-cowboy people - Rockies are a brand of jeans that make you look 2 sizes smaller than you are!). Granny panties with pocket-less pants...I think not...not a good way to pick up men!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
    I think not...not a good way to pick up men!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the inevitable question would be: what is a good way to pick up men? Waiting with bated breath on this one ... can you tell I'm still bitter over the whole trainer-snatching ordeal? LOL!!!

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
    Rockies are a brand of jeans <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you ride in these things like Wranglers? You know, do they have the seam? I'm nursing a recent jean-rub. Didn't have my little rider's leggings that day. INFACT I got the jean rub in Williamston!

OUCH!!! Just the thought of Williamston gives me jean-rub sympathy pains!!!

We haven't even touched on brassiers or trusses so this thread is still within decent boundaries.

There is a reason I carriage drive and look forward to showing on the line. My undergarments must be purchased by the yard and that super duty elastic is expensive!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!
    ~*Paige*~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    Can you ride in these things like Wranglers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, if you rode Western, that would be fine, but they look dorky on Hunter riders b/c of the fact they have no rear pockets. They look bad under chaps. Plus, in order to be "in style" in aggie-world, you need to get the jeans long enough to "stack" over your boots. Most people I know, including myself, get a 36" inseam. So Rockies would be toolong to ride in. I guess Wranglers are fine for hunter people to wear. I personally leave my Rockies for cattle showing and when I go out on the town with the honey. I don't do wranglers b/c they make my hind quarters look rather large!! I love Old Navy jeans to ride in...How we get off the topic of horses so easily. I bet Erin is about to pull her hair out... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

There's a question.... what kind of underwear do the cowboys wear?

Not a thong-wearer myself, although from the sounds of it, maybe I should become one -- although I still can't imagine wearing them when I ride.

Do cowboys wear under-garments at all? Inquiring minds ....