The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

These are great! And don't worry about her crossing over to the dark(ish) side. We're all horse people at the end of the day.

Just curious... what boots does your DD wear?
    ~Rachel~
    University of Pittsburgh Class of 2012

Awesome pictures! She looks like she had a BLAST! And don't worry about her going over to the "dark side", a good ride is a good ride no matter what ring!

I started doing the jumpers a couple years ago when I rode at a primarily jumper-oriented lesson barn after college... was scared to death after living in hunter/eq land for so long, but now i'm NEVER going back! Jumpers are way more fun.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Great job! Love the horse too! Is she wearing Ariat Monacos?

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    ^She gets this from T all the time! Lol, winter before last, DD had outgrown her old saddle badly and we sold it around November. I asked trainer if she knew of any good ones for sale we could try, and she told me we could look around March when we might need one again. Sure enough, DD lessoned bareback all winter and we didn't get one until almost April of last year. Today all those bareback lessons sure paid off!!

Here we go - first fence on course!

Now isn't a good time to blink, silly..

You think she's a little happy to have gone clean??

Please, no critique of my rider today - she knows her leg slipped a couple times already.

Oh, and just for reference re:legs, the TB she is on is 16.2. I think we are going to have to buy her something about 18 hands tall just in case she keeps growing.
    Well she looks great - I wish I could post pics - our daughters have the same build! I finally had to buy mine a 17.3 horse last month but we too sold her saddle and have not found one yet - what did you end up getting?

Please tell T that Katie and Susan say "Hi" and we hope to get to Culpeper to show sometime soon!

Thanks for sharing the photos - they looked great.

And I'm sure glad I don't have to buy her boots!!
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Yes, her boots are ariat monicos in a tall/slim 7.5 which is too big for her tiny foot but the only off the rack brand that fit her at all.

Knk, we had a devoucoux biarritz for about 9 months but she outgrew that too. Her femur is so long that her knee hangs off the flap of almost everything. She is borrowing a delgrange to show in until we find a fit for her and lessoning bareback again.

Today was power and speed, and she had a rail down turning too tight. So we have one more tomorrow, but overall she is having so much fun!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Love that pic with the big smile! That's what it's all about, yes?
    ---
    They're small hearts.

^it sure is! She had a great week, and is so happy with the jumpers and the wonderful horse who packed her around and helped her learn.

She was double clear again today in the power and speed, and finished 7th. It was really smooth, and she was so proud of herself. She's tired and sunburned now, but she did have enough energy on the drive home to ask when she could try eventing and foxhunting!

Her mother is shamelessly proud of her for taking ribbons home in 2 out of 3 of her jumper classes when she'd never done this before. I will brag a little, for sure

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

You should get some of those printed, especially the one with the big smile! You know what the next step is, right? Eventing!!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I could be reading without much comprehension, but THAT is a schooling horse?! Man, your girl is lucky to have such a lovely mount. And, of course, you are lucky to have such a beautiful girl. Gorgeous coupling, those two. )

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I could be reading without much comprehension, but THAT is a schooling horse?! Man, your girl is lucky to have such a lovely mount. And, of course, you are lucky to have such a beautiful girl. Gorgeous coupling, those two. )
    But I do not envy your search for appropriate fitting boots (if she continues to grow) and for a tall horse! Well...I do like tall horses...

Yes, that is one of trainer's two TB barn horses that she uses for lessons and such. It was VERY generous of her to let DD show this wonderful horse who had never done the jumpers before but turned out to be WONDERFUL at it and loved the job immensely. I think he also proved he's capable of being much more than the 2'6" horse we had described him as! I swear the horse came out of the ring just as happy as the kid sitting on him.

Thank you for the lovely complement, they were a wonderful pair and had a fabulous week together.

They look great together! What a nice mount for her! She looks like she had a blast! Our daughter moved to the jumpers and stayed there! She loved it! Have fun and enjoy it!

She looks great!

My mom never could do the video taping because she gets excited and does so with her hands.

I was thinking the same thing. I was like that's the finest schoolie I've EVER seen. She looks like a fine and solid rider and like she had a blast. Way to go! I know I'm late to the party on this one but some of the 'dark side' ideas really made me laugh today!!!