The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Okay, is anyone else having problems keeping all these E-Searchers straight? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Since we seem to have a ton of new faces around here recently, I thought it was about time to revisit the famous "Let's Meet" thread, and its sequel, from way back at the beginning of the year.

For historical reference (and to save typing for those of us who have already introduced ourselves!), here are the two older threads:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000437.html

http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000714.html

Hopefully this will keep everyone busy for a while. The chief cat herder needs some time off! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Okay, is anyone else having problems keeping all these E-Searchers straight? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Since we seem to have a ton of new faces around here recently, I thought it was about time to revisit the famous "Let's Meet" thread, and its sequel, from way back at the beginning of the year.

For historical reference (and to save typing for those of us who have already introduced ourselves!), here are the two older threads:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000437.html

http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000714.html

Hopefully this will keep everyone busy for a while. The chief cat herder needs some time off! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Awww, Poor Erin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is Duffy - one of the official Welcome Wagon posters! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

OMG aparently I have never posted in the let's meet thread . . so I suppose I should now.

Well . . . I obviously go to Clemson and I ride for the Intercollegiate team there. I do pretty well, I went to Nationals last year for intermediate Over fences (and now I have to ride in Open Fences . . .SCARY! LOL) I have a large pony who I have had forever, he is soo fat and my mommy rides him now (not enough obviously)

I live in Chantilly VA and otherwise Clemson. My major at school is sports marketing . .I love it and I plan to go to law school one day.

Uhh I have just put my feet in the water with this jumpers thing and I love it. It was a little scary the first time (who am I kidding . I almost peed in my pants). I am okay with jumping large fences at my leisure at home one at a time . . .however a course (fast course) at a show is a whole new ball game. I can't wait to do it again and kick butt next time though!! HEHe

Okay I have rambled quite enough . . talk to you all soon!!

Oh yeah I almost forgot I have volunteered my services to chair the Peeps Defense Fund as well . . . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

I'll get it going Erin, good idea!

My name is Angel, I am 23 years old and getting married to the most wonderful guy on the planet on September 28th!!!! (He loves horses, that's why he's so great!)

Anyway, I am primarily a Dressage rider, but I dabble in the hunters and jumpers because I don't know if my current mount is going to make it very far in the dressage world, not because of lack of talent, because she is VERY talented, she just has some bad habbits that might not get her good scores.

But, she loves to jump and is absolutly gorgeous, and has a pedigree to drool over... And she was found in the backyard of a really nice guy that didn't have much use for her.

I plan to breed her to a WB stallion hopefull next year, if finances of a young married couple will allow it!

I am known on this board as the DQ that hates ear bunnies and most other gadgets, and quite often the butt of jokes about it, which I usually don't take offense to!

Oh, and I am the founder of the CA clique!
    Is minic a rinne bromach gioblach capall cumasach
    An awkward colt often becomes a beautiful horse .

Oh, but ClemsonRider, what about our Dog Park project?!?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok, now back to the "topic" at hand...I am, ahem, a member of the over 40 clique. I show in the older adult amateurs. I do so not only because I lease my current horse, but also because I am a single parent and because I'm not sure, at may advanced age, that I'm ready to tackle 3'6" again. It's just been TOOOO long! It would take a very special horse and very nice and cooperative childcare assistance for me to do the A/O's! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have gotten so much from this BB. . .New friends that have provided more than friendship over the last nine months. . .Ya'll know who you are and know how special you are to me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So, thank you COTH, Erin and others, for this wonderful place to come to chat, relax, vent, laugh, etc!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Duffy (edited 10-16-2000).]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Only thing wrong with this is that I can't remember if I ever posted on one of the older threads(approaching senility ya know). Might be easier to just introduce myself all over again.

Lets see: I'm 52 years old, work in Distribution for a company that makes medical equipment. I have two horses, and I bore everybody to death with stories about them.

There's Promise, my TB mare - she is 17 now (where have the years gone?) I got her when she was 4. When she was 5 she was diagnosed with a cracked pelvis, so she has led a life of leisure. She is sweet, gentle and not the brightest bulb on the planet, and, she is the light of my life, I call her my "walking valium". Nicknames - Miss Priss and Fuzzy Numbnoggin.

Stormy is my 25 year old Polish Warmblood. He has done everything from A jumpers, to any kind of hunter work you can name, to lower level dressage. I got him when he was 20 and had a few good years with him, but he is now retired also, his feet,(quote from my farrier, who works with problem feet "he has the worst feet I have ever seen")have finally given out on him. He is bold, brassy and as smart as they come. I can always count on him for a laugh. Nicknames - Old Sinner and Grampa Big Pain.

So here I am, with two horses, both retired, and nothing to ride. And, I wouldn't change it for the world. I consider myself extremely lucky to have two such wonderful animals to care for.

Oh, I ride dressage, but hang out here most of the time because the people are so much fun and have forgotton more than I will ever know.

LOL, thats it, more than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I never posted on the Let's meet threads either.

My name is Sarah and I am a college student at a local college. I ALMOST went to the University of Michigan, even held my spot there and was all ready but at last minute I backed out because it was a terrible commute and I wasn't planning on living in the dorms. I may go there next year if I get an apartment in Ann Arbor. Well, enough rambling about that!

I have two thoroughbred mares, one is 16.2h and is 11, Sunset is my jumper that I have put through everything in the past 5 years. My other mare (Tail) I have only had for 2 months. She flunked off the track and decided that life would be better as a hunter. Er, maybe I decided that one. She is still VERY green.

I will be showing in the A/A jumpers most likely next year on my Sunset and the super green hunter classes on Tail. (first year as an adult, scary!)

Tail needs a name, do you have any names that begin with T that would be cute for a little bay mare with a blaze and white in her tail?

Neat idea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

O.k, where to start.....my name is Jaded (or TinCan which I want to change back to...), I'm 20 and I live in warn sunny *lol* Ontario, Canada and own Tin Can Cody an 8 year old 16hh appendix QH bay (gee, you wouldn't have guess QH from that name huh?). My sister owns 3 other horses, Taylor, Brie and Reggier.
    Taylor is a resell mare who we got out of a nasty home, she's an 15.3hh 10 year old TB mare; bay with a star. She's mine to work with.
    Brie is a 17hh Sport horse mare (TB/WB) who is a 6 year old bay (star and two socks) 6 1/2 months in foal to a jumper stallion.
    The last is Reggie, he's the newest and is a 17hh TB/WB bay, 8 years old with a start and a white smear on his hind left.

I ride hunter/jumper on the various levels (nothing major, I have no money) and I teach part time (beginners and nvices) on Tin and a pony I lease. I don't have a lot of time lately because of school (archtecture) but I fit everyone in :-)

Feel free to e-mail me and/or check out my website (e-mails on it) http://www.collectabay.homestead.com/main.html
    *beware it's in the works*

Also something about me that you may or may not have figured out already is that I can go on and on and on and on and on and on............

OOPS!! Didn't see this thread before I started mine with the esearch intros - sorry for any confusion! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/confused.gif But I'm glad to see this one - I must've missed it before. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I think I have slipped through the crack on the Let's Meet threads.
    I use to be the most Horse Crazy person I ever knew.
    After showing in A/O on my dream horse, Bumpkin, living in England for 4 years and losing my nerve, I faded out of horses at the ripe old age of 30 and got married and had a daughter.
    Thank heavens through Mallory, my daughter, we passed through the backyard pony stage and found "Poncho", Mallory's large WB Pinto.
    I still swore I enjoyed watching and would never ride again.
    I mean, I could never, ever replace "Bumpkin".
    But as I have said on the "Yippee I Got a Horse" thread I now own the 2nd Most Wonderful Horse in the World, "Elliot", 16hh bay gelding, (Starman x Oh Louise), who was clearly an Electrician in a past life.
    Somedays I cannot believe I left the life of being a Housewife to go back to work so I could pay for my new horse.
    I love coming on this BB several times a day and meeting new people.
    Everyone is so kind, supportive and honestly helpful.

[This message has been edited by Bumpkin (edited 10-16-2000).]

Yeah, I kinda missed those "Let's Meet" threads...I saw the title and thought you meant in real life, and I'm just not brave enough to venture down to Mosby's (teasing, teasing).

My name's Joanna, and I too live in sunny Ontario. I own a 7 year old 17.2 hand gelding named Otis ("Sound Effects"). I've had him almost 3 years now, and we've been training him up through the hunters because he was so green when I got him, but his real talent is jumper. In fact (and I'm so proud, I haven't bragged to you guys at all yet!) we went to our third ever jumper show on Saturday, and we were champion! I'm very proud of my boy, even though he tends to pull like a freight train and we've been having some nasty stopping issues.

So, as you've realized, I could talk about my baby all day, but this thread wasn't called "Let's Meet each other's horses" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm 16, and in grade 12 (only one more year!). I think I've become the resident defender of teenagers, or at least it feels like that sometimes! To anyone new: watch out for those old guys, they're vicious!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I post here randomly, but I'll introduce myself anyway. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm Sarah, I'm 16, I live in Alpharetta, GA (yippee!! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I show in hunters and equitation on my horse Southern Comfort (Capri). She's a 17hh, 7yo, TB/Hanoverian, bay mare. She's teh biggest sweetheart ever and doesn't act like a mare at all!! Right now we do Childrens and the 3' medals in Zone 4, but we're moving up to Large Juniors sometime soon, by Ocala at the latest. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I also own a 4yo Welsh cross pony named Giorgio that my brother does barrel racing on. He's a huge puppy, I love him! Then there's my mom's 32yo retired Saddlebred cross dressage horse, Colombo. He's da bomb horsey, who just happens to be red, white, and blue (or red roan gone grey w/ age! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] He's sucha sweetie, who now gives pony rides to be lil cuz. Both of them live in my backyard.

uumm, what else!! I guess I fall under the "She's-a-brat-b/c-she-has-a-cell-phone-scooter-etc.." category hehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But whatever! I love coming to these boards b/c the..er.."old folks" make it interesting for all of us! hehe http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/cool.gif

~Sarah

I've already introduced myself, but what the hey! I'm shameless when it comes to seizing any chance to talk about myself a little [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. Let's see - I'm 21 years old, studying psychology, and freezing my ass off here in beautiful Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I do the jumpers and own two horses - a 10-year-old Selle Francais gelding named Caiman Bleu and a 14-year-old TB mare named Kachoo. Unfortunately, since a major injury she sustained in the process of kicking the hell out of her stall back in 1999, Choo now resides full-time in a field and spends her days exploring the brave new world of being a pasture mare. Caiman and I do the 4' junior/amateur stuff together and will hopefully be going higher when the snow finally melts and we emerge into the outdoor stuff again next season. My family and I have two Bavarian Warmbloods currently undergoing some training in Germany with a good friend of ours, and if all goes according to plan, they should be heading over here before too long. As for miscellaneous info - I love to write, travel, take photos, and work on my website, although I haven't had time to do any of these things lately, because my school is trying to finish me off. I really love this board, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you guys a lot better.

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.geocities.com/kachoom
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Name: Been called lots of things

Occupation: PI, but not for long because I hate my job, but I work from home, so I can ride whenever...

Horse: 1 A/A hunter

Married, one 3 year old son who broke his leg on Sept 20, and just learned to walk with a cane (sort of) today. I took him to the liquor store and the owner about peed their pants watching him wobble around waving his cane...

I think I posted on the other let's meet threads, but writing posts is keeping from reading my History homework, so I'm gonna re-introduce myself.

I'm a former E-Search lurker, and I poke my head out often here, at Towerheads, and at BigEq (I'm Indy at the later two sites).

Anyways...I'm a college junior, from Indiana (I live in the BFE of BFE) - a History major with minors in Russian Language and Religious studies (I'm planing on becoming eclectic when I grow up.). No clue what I want to do with my life...well, really I just want to play with horsies, but the folks don't think that is a good use of my schooling....

Due to school, I don't have a horse of my own anymore. I have had 3 wonderful equines in the past though: Sonney, a great starter bay QH; Merit (Sandstone's horse now), a lovely grey TB; and Wink, a terribly cute pinto large pony. I got to spend the summer riding ponies in Florida, and had the time of my life....unfortunately, I haven't so much as seen a horse since the begining of August [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] When I ride, I ride hunters and eqs, with a rare dabbling in jumpers when I feel adventurous. Oh, if you're borred, visit my online life at http://mdphillips.tripod.com/morgan.html - there are pictures of my boys there.

Welp, that's me. Now I'm off to spend an hour talking about Northern Ireland in the 1920's...

I'm Sarah aka Regalmeans in honor of my beloved gelding Of Regal Means (17 hand 15 year old TB hunter), see http://www.geocities.com/sarah_regal/regal_pics.html

I'm 17 and a senior in HS, applying early decision to Drew University in North NJ. I'm a history/political science student and thanks to a good HS Im able to focus on these areas this year (no science or other annoying courses!)

I live in Southern NJ (Camden County), Regal resides in Shamong. We show locally in the 2'6-2'9 divions - Regal has arthitis and leg problems which limit how high he can jump. :-( But he's my boy and he rules. He's my first horse and the only one I actually own (although I have the luxury of being about to ride a few other horses @ my barn, on of whom Derby I refer to as 'my mare' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]) -

I got into the whole riding seriously and showing thing a little late so I'm not doing the big stuff yet - but I love riding and learning about stuff. Hunters are my first love but I also do equ and dressage and next year I wanna ride IHSA for Drew.

Thats me in a nutshell - if you want more - http://www.geocities.com/sarah_regal

Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Ok, ok, so we all know me. Yes, i'm not quite as infamous as Duffy, you'd all better just own up to knowing who I am, cuz well....

Anyhow, for those who aren't so fortunate to be in the know, I'm Becca, and I'm 17. I show hunter/ jumper, and own a mess of beautiful beasties [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (To see an old non-updated page of them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] http://www.geocities.com/r_payson )

But lets see...I'm me..very opinionated, and not easily intimidated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img](unless you bring a moth into the picture. Then I'm out the window).

And all your lurkers had better speak up. Everyone here is wonderful and awesome. I have made some of the most incredible friends here.

Well I'm not taking to time to see if I post on the other let's meet thread. I have to read 4 chapters for my film test http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif tomorrow so time is limited!

Anyway, I'm a college student. I don't have a clue what I'm going to major or minor in, and now I'm think school is going to be an endless wasteland for me for the next 5 or 6 years. I have 3 horses at the moment. My show horse is draft cross with the heart gold. We we're doing the A/A jumpers this year. This season we are moving up to the lows, and if the lead change situation works out maybe the A/O hunters. My second horse is a 2 y/o paint. She a project and hopefully will make a nice hunter someday. Third horse belongs to my mom, but I do all the care and riding so I guess she's mine. She a t.b and flakey at all times. Well thats about it.

Oh if anyone wants to be in the New MidWest clique please sign up here! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Smiles (edited 10-16-2000).]
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

I don't think I ever introduced myself, either. I'm Katherine, a 22 yo college student (English major; going to switch to something that pays better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]). I have three horses: Little, my 27 yo QH; Twana, a 23 yo Anglo-Arab; and Sky, Twana's 3 1/2 month old Anglo-Arab colt. Twan and I are "jacks of all trades". I've shown her hunter, jumper, *gulp* western, and *bigger gulp* halter. I was a working student for some time after high school, but it's been a couple of years since I've ridden seriously. I'm really a jumper at heart and intend to focus more closely on that when my colt grows up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Still Crazy After All These Years